Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Operative PvP video 10k crits. WOW

redbul

I am a BH with 10% expertise, around 1600 Aim, 550 power and Biochem 400/400. When I grab the expertise buff, the highest I can get is a 5500 with Heatseeker, and I must have 3 tracer missile signatures before then.

No. Not every class can get up to 10k + 6.5k. It's just you, Operatives/Scoundrals.

Assassins can't even step near that kind of burst.

WHAT!?! We can get bigger numberz!?! You must be so jealous!

No seriously, use your brain, how many times do you think we can hidden strike in a row? What's the range on it? Now go sit at the kiddy table and think about your missiles again.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I agree fully. But if you nerf Operative burst without at least giving us more sustained we'll be more rubbish than... well, anything. Operatives are ALL burst, and if the target isn't dead within the first few seconds, we're basically just trying to tickle them to death.

Nah...talented evasion to clear dots and re-enter stealth. Or...toxic scan and re-enter stealth. But in general if a scoundral/operative didn't kill the other player, the player is near death and can be killed before the scoundral/operatives (generally) full health bar can be burned down.

I do feel sorry to a degree for scoundrals/operatives. Until they're into their 40s, they're somewhat lackluster in pvp. More a nuicance than down right deadly. But that's just my perception.

Oh, I agree fully. But if you nerf Operative burst without at least giving us more sustained we'll be more rubbish than... well, anything. Operatives are ALL burst, and if the target isn't dead within the first few seconds, we're basically just trying to tickle them to death.

Most people will tell you their burst needs to be reduced and their sustained has to be up`d. They preached the whole "every fight will feel like a battle", and for the most part it does, but honestly in what world is it fair where you can get stunned and bursted to 30-20% from someone stealthed? It`s not fair, at all.

I don`t know if they`re too busy fixing other things before they address the PvP class balance, but it`s to the point where I`m done with the game until they fix things like this because in full champion/sent gear it shouldn`t be able to happen.w It makes someone like a Marauder want to rereoll because in all honesty a marauders damage is like a level 5 beating on a level 50 compared to an Ops

A class based around breaking out of stealth to use an overpowered stun damage combo to destroy your hp is overpowered and adding stims and everything else into the equation makes it even more terrible, and BioWare is making a LOT of PvPers very upset.

Edited by babiegirlla

Nah...talented evasion to clear dots and re-enter stealth. Or...toxic scan and re-enter stealth. But in general if a scoundral/operative didn't kill the other player, the player is near death and can be killed before the scoundral/operatives (generally) full health bar can be burned down.

I do feel sorry to a degree for scoundrals/operatives. Until they're into their 40s, they're somewhat lackluster in pvp. More a nuicance than down right deadly. But that's just my perception.

You just described another burst scenario. I know we can restealth in combat but again it sets us up entirely for burst. Without the ability to restealth one or two heals will completely destroy all the Operatives work and make it impossible. And yes, I am aware that the other player would be very close to death, but now imagine if Operatives were nerfed (and didn't get any kind of buff) and now are targets having 10-20 or even 30% more health after our burst... victory is a lot farther away now, isn't it?

In otherwords, Operative is a class that needs everything perfect. Can't get hit by a blind AoE while stealthed. A single stun will mean the operative is now dead. Pretty much just one heal makes it impossible for the Operative to kill. A blind knockback will spell the death of us.

Yea, Operative/Scoundrel are the kings of 1v1, but when group-play happens? Eh... not so useful anymore.

Most people will tell you their burst needs to be reduced and their sustained has to be up`d. They preached the whole "every fight will feel like a battle", and for the most part it does, but honestly in what world is it fair where you can get stunned and bursted to 30-20% from someone stealthed? It`s not fair, at all.

I don`t know if they`re too busy fixing other things before they address the PvP class balance, but it`s to the point where I`m done with the game until they fix things like this because in full champion/sent gear it shouldn`t be able to happen.w It makes someone like a Marauder want to rereoll because in all honesty a marauders damage is like a level 5 beating on a level 50 compared to an Ops

A class based around breaking out of stealth to use an overpowered stun damage combo to destroy your hp is overpowered and adding stims and everything else into the equation makes it even more terrible, and BioWare is making a LOT of PvPers very upset.

And it's been what? A month? We haven't even seen any real balances yet because Bioware is still probably trying to figure out how to fix it. If we get our first real balance patch and THEN Operative hasn't been tweaked somehow? Yea, I could see people getting annoyed but quitting when there hasn't been any balancing yet? When the large majority of the population still isn't 50? Yea... that makes no sense to me.

Edited by Xontier

ok the game just came out.

this kinda stuff happens

anyone who played rift can remember pyros literaly 1 shotting people

this will get worked out

however to the operatives.. there is NO arguement u can make to justify any of that

so let it be..

all we can do is deal with it until its fixed

That's odd, I've seen posts claiming that they only kill ops half the time and its not fair.

Oh, I forgot to say, they are level 41 facing down level 50 ops.

Honestly, level 40 ops, jump you and you lose 50% health..are you wearing the gear you [claim] to have? Do you actually die to a level 40?

Because if you do...P.I.C.N.I.C.

Do I die? No. I stun them and climb up on something and kill them because they're ****** and level 40. The point was they shouldn't be dropping me to half with one ability when there is such a large gear disparity. There are scoundrels on my server that agree that they need to be toned down, why can't you just accept that your ability is overpowered, needs to be nerfed and something else changed so they don't become ******?

I could see this kind of damage being acceptable on a low armour healer like sage, but when they strike a heavy armour target (who takes a damage capability reduction statwise for our armour being heavy), they shouldn't be bursting me to 20% HP instantly. If over a few GCD, they did that, then fine, I can react to that but when I'm that low by the time I can break the stun and tech-override a heal or knockback, then what the ****?

On top of this, you have an insane amount of healing and shielding making you incredibly hard to kill if I do somehow live through their first attack. In most cases, they just vanish if I ever get advantage and then I just have to run or wait for inevitable death.

Edited by LordKivlov

Thank you.

Operatives are arguing for not nerfing because they know this is a RARITY and requires basically everything to be perfect. This does not happen. AND YES, every class can do it with those same buffs and using their BEST ABILITY at the time it's supposed to be used.

This is wrong. No other class can achieve that high of damage in a single hit regardless of gear or buffs. I pvp nonstop all day and never once has any class other than an OP/Scoundrel accomplished making my HP bar vanish by themselves on a tank spec'd geared assassin with Dark Ward running and in dark charge stance.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Operatives and Scoundrels are hideously overpowered.

I watch one in my guild 2-hit anyone, over and over, and it makes me cry.

Of course,they think it is 'ok' and 'normal', while the rest of us know its grossly OP to the extent of being cheating to even play one.

It's funny to watch even level 20-30 OP/Scoundrels beat people twice their level in 2 seconds.

Sad really. Didn't they even test this game?

This is wrong. No other class can achieve that high of damage in a single hit regardless of gear or buffs. I pvp nonstop all day and never once has any class other than an OP/Scoundrel accomplished making my HP bar vanish by themselves on a tank spec'd geared assassin with Dark Ward running and in dark charge stance.

The issue is that their damage isn't mitigated in any way other than low % global buffs. Your armor means nothing and your shield does nothing against tech/internal attacks. You may as well be naked against an concealment op.

Personally I hope Bioware addresses the lack of mitigation on their attacks before really worrying about reducing the damage much. That seems to be the real issue.

Edited by Tamanous

You just described another burst scenario. I know we can restealth in combat but again it sets us up entirely for burst. Without the ability to restealth one or two heals will completely destroy all the Operatives work and make it impossible. And yes, I am aware that the other player would be very close to death, but now imagine if Operatives were nerfed (and didn't get any kind of buff) and now are targets having 10-20 or even 30% more health after our burst... victory is a lot farther away now, isn't it?

In otherwords, Operative is a class that needs everything perfect. Can't get hit by a blind AoE while stealthed. A single stun will mean the operative is now dead. Pretty much just one heal makes it impossible for the Operative to kill. A blind knockback will spell the death of us.

Yea, Operative/Scoundrel are the kings of 1v1, but when group-play happens? Eh... not so useful anymore.

A full health bar vs someone at 10-20% health is still heavily stacked in the ops favor. A healer can deny anyone of a kill. No use saying victory is further away. At least with an ops you can currently burst down everyone or if you dont' finish them off fast. It's annoying to see healers able to out heal the "sustained" damage. Blinding or any CC is pretty much fatal to every class, not just an operative. Hence the knockdown CC you guys have.

I haven't noticed any particular class being horribly overpowered in pvp so far. For the record I play an assassin. I do die because I am not 50 but I have not noticed any particular class being overwhelming.

I certainly would note it if I saw it. I am all for a semblance of balance in pvp. Maybe I just have not recognized it but from my play I don't see any overwhelming class/build

Operatives can deal the highest single hits in the game. This is nothing new. Their sustained damage and utility is pretty lacking. My premade consists of a Powertech, Marauder, Assassin, and myself (Medic Operative), and I've never seen an Operative top them in overall kills and damage done.

^

What he said

You guys will **** bricks when when a Jugg or Sniper decides to make a video with those buffs.

The difference of course is that these guys will be doing it AOE....

Oh... and with a 99% reduction buff...

Oh.... and the AOE pops the stealth classes out of stealth....

Oh.. and the stealth classes have no armor....

and...

they....

die...

and the sith/jedi /laugh

Problem here is the people who get done by these guys have half their abils on CD.

Last time this happened I got straight back up, stunned & choked then use shockwave & smash to take half his health back off him.

To hit these crits he's almost certainly using stims & relics/adrenals. When someone is using the same stuff back its not that bad.

And no I'm not an operative and really couldn't care less about them. Troopers are way worse to fight.

It's funny to watch even level 20-30 OP/Scoundrels beat people twice their level in 2 seconds.

Hidden strike is a level 36 trainable. Acid blade, which is the only thing which allows those damage numbers, requires level 41 as a top tier talent.

In short, you should go stand in the huttball acid and hope it makes you smarter.

Edited by yukirshiro

Adrenal, WZ buff, Relic, Marauder 15% damage buff. Am I forgetting any?

Look at his buff bars. You people are ridiculous.

Nerf buffs/buff stacking then have another look at Operatives in the 50v50 bracket or the rated WZs where only geared people will be on top.

The problem is none of these discussions are in the context of wz impacts it is just " wowow big crits nerf" without talking about the impact on wz. If the behavior is imbalancing wz that is one thing but that is not seeming to be the case.

Problem here is the people who get done by these guys have half their abils on CD.

Last time this happened I got straight back up, stunned & choked then use shockwave & smash to take half his health back off him.

To hit these crits he's almost certainly using stims & relics/adrenals. When someone is using the same stuff back its not that bad.

And no I'm not an operative and really couldn't care less about them. Troopers are way worse to fight.

So you counter one classes insane damage with your own insane damage ability? GG.

Sweep (I'm assuming Smash is the counter-part) is absolutely insane. 130% increase damaged, 100% crit chance. It's gimmicky as hell but that's almost as lame as operatives.

I'm also not calling for this nerf because one operative **** on me. I'm calling for it because every 40+ operative that is worth their oxygen is capable of this. This isn't like the few sentinels out there that are wrecking people because they're geared AND skilled. These are skiless backstab spammers that are tearing through targets. It's like Tracer/Grav spam, only you can't lock the operative out of their damage except by killing them or knowing where they are to pull them out of stealth. Even out of stealth, they're scarey.

As for the troopers are worse to fight. Have you tried interupt? Oh you have? Did you know Juggernaughts/Guardians can lock a BH/Trooper out of grav round permanently, or reduce their damage to pitiful amounts of they get lucky and juke a kick? That class is countered by use of interupts and your tanks doing their job. What counters this ****? Lightning fast reaction time on your healer and tank to switch guard and drop a shield on you. Not the same in the least. While similar, you can breath gasoline all day and still kick a trooper because your interupt is off GCD so he has no idea when to attempt to juke the kick.

Edited by LordKivlov

Operatives and Scoundrels are hideously overpowered.

I watch one in my guild 2-hit anyone, over and over, and it makes me cry.

Of course,they think it is 'ok' and 'normal', while the rest of us know its grossly OP to the extent of being cheating to even play one.

Sad really. Didn't they even test this game?

What is sad is people like you making things up to try to support a "nerf this class" argument without even understanding the issue. Scoundrels/Ops in their 20's and 30's don't even have access to the burst tools shown in the video. They are not beating anyone their own level in 2 seconds, let alone a level 50. The video is a highlight reel of buff stacking/consumables/relics used on undergeared level 20's and 30's.

Stealth classes have always been amongst the best at making selective heavily edited highlight reels. The damage isn't sustainable at all, which is why it is heavily edited. In team play against equally geared people a lot of what is being shown can easily be countered. A geared sorc+guard tank is easily a much bigger factor in any warzone than a geared operative/scoundrel with a healer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.