50 brackets will kill this game~

Jackalrat

In the past 3 days, I've had Huttball pop about 85-90% of the time. I fully anticipate this percentage to increase to 95-100% once the 50 only bracket is live.

Instead of fixing the CORE PROBLEM of faction imbalance, Bioware has decided to sweep that under the rug and attempt to hide it by adding more faction vs faction Warzones. I'm very disappointed in how Bioware is handling this issue and hope they do something to fix it.

The problem is not Bioware's. The problem is too many people rolled Empire. The solution is simple...roll Republic. Problem solved. I love my insta queues and even mix of all the warzones.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but there has to be some consequence for rolling the 8:1 population imbalanced faction.

Yeah! Shame on all you Empires for wanting to play with your friends! And to you 50s complaining about queue times, shame on you for simply playing the game!

You're retarded. If I picked a side at random and it happened to be Empire, I should NOT be punished. Stop being retarded.

We're all just guessing right? Here's my prediction:

10-49 PvP will stay the same, minus some of the facerolling.

50 PvP will have higher queue times. Fresh level 50s that did not experience the game before the 50 bracket will have a surprise when they go from 48-49 being relatively equal to veteran 50s rolling them.

So basically 50 PvP will retain the same amount of QQ, only there will be less fodder to spread it out across. People will try out level 50 PvP, but I'll bet many will ragequit and play an alt, focus on PvE, world PvP against lower levels, or play a different game.

This is assuming that nothing else changes aside from a new bracket right now. There are ways they may alter the system to ease the transition from fun PvP to "lolimhardcore" PvP.

And how do you think they could "fix" what is beyond them? Want to have a Bioware employee kidnap your cat and threat to kill it if you won't delete your inq sorc and reroll rep asap? Seriously, stop being stupid.

Players created the problem and players have to deal with it. Well, imperials at least, because here on rep side we think that que is long if we wait longer then 2 minutes and huttball is maybe 20-25% of all my games.

So stop this "bioware fix imbalance or I call whambulance" and reroll or suck it sith kid.

One solution that would greatly help REDUCE the faction imbalance is Faction transfers. I'm sure there are plenty of Imperials that would gladly be willing to transfer over their 50s to Republic instead of wasting another 5-10 days leveling to 50 again. I realize this obviously will not completely solve the problem but it will at least help it.

I'm forced to create a new Republic Jedi Knight on my server and level it all the way to 50 after leveling a Sith Warrior to 50, gearing him up in both PvE and PvP gear, leveling all crew skills to 400, and raising my companion affection to 10,000 on 3 of my 5. Does this sound logical to you? A simple faction transfer would solve this instantly.

Stop thinking that Bioware can't do anything about it when they obviously can.

Yeah! Shame on all you Empires for wanting to play with your friends! And to you 50s complaining about queue times, shame on you for simply playing the game!

You're retarded. If I picked a side at random and it happened to be Empire, I should NOT be punished. Stop being retarded.

By a flip of a coin? I somehow doubt it. Every sign on earth and sky, every pool, every thread was saying same thing-empire will be overpopulated. One would have to be really delusional to roll there and expect balanced population. And please, you didn't picked it randomly, it was much more appealing to you-to you and to every other imperial. Thats why you've chosen it, randomness had nothing to do with it, bud.

And about friends, were they chained to imp side? They had no republic option on faction choosing? No? Then why didn't they rolled reps as well, ESPECIALLY if they wanted to have a challenging pvp.

Seriously, easymoders wen't for empire. I wanted to be empire as well, hell I wanted to be assasin, I wanted it so much. But ended up as gunslinger. Happy with it so far. bit bitter about not being where I wanted, but benefits really make it sweet.

We're all just guessing right? Here's my prediction:

10-49 PvP will stay the same, minus some of the facerolling.

50 PvP will have higher queue times. Fresh level 50s that did not experience the game before the 50 bracket will have a surprise when they go from 48-49 being relatively equal to veteran 50s rolling them.

So basically 50 PvP will retain the same amount of QQ, only there will be less fodder to spread it out across. People will try out level 50 PvP, but I'll bet many will ragequit and play an alt, focus on PvE, world PvP against lower levels, or play a different game.

This is assuming that nothing else changes aside from a new bracket right now. There are ways they may alter the system to ease the transition from fun PvP to "lolimhardcore" PvP.

What they need to do is:

1.) Allow for players level 10-49 to aquire more than just 1 PvP lvl 50 bag while leveling. Let them gear up during the process. If you let a level 10 start collecting bags (not open them. Well, maybe, haven't thought that part through), and get pretty geared by the time they hit 50, then the transition won't be so bad. Sure, you might not have a full set waiting, but you'll at least be more competitive. Currently, you can only hold 1 bag, and 1000 commendations. Up the bag total.

2.) Create a new "King of the Hill" type Warzone, and let Republic/Empire be on the same team. This prevents one SEVERLY outnumbered faction from never being able to play PvP, and also gives an alternative for those players to something other than huttball. Sure, you may still only play against the other faction 1 in 5 games, but at least you're not doing the same thing over and over, waiting for that huttball game to pop.

Cross server queues is the answer although really cross server queues shouldn't even be necessary. Its not Bioware's fault that most people don't like pvp. Warhammer, a much less popular game then stwor, in its early days when it had a fair ammount of players, although much less then stwor has, had four different brackets and queue times were very small for every bracket for a long time. Your average stwor player is a casual pvper or doesn't like to pvp at all. That being said though cross server queue's would fix this problem quickly. What games do some of you come from where they dont segregate level 10's from 50's as a matter of course? I have to admit I played WoW for like ten levels. The games I have played over the years for pvp DAOC, Warhammer, and Rift for instances all segregated populations based on level much more then Bioware is proposing and it did nothing but enhance the game play and ther were never any queue time problems until the game's populations diminished greatly. Edited by Kwll

well maybe if all the kiddies didnt roll anything but Sith. Most server are probably 4:1 adv Sith. So that means there are going to be 4x as many level 50's on the sith side. lvl 50 bracket is a good start to an otherwise lame pvp experience. Meanwhile, Sith have been farming tokens for 4 weeks and they not only have the level 50 advantage but their gear is all +++ while republic lowbies are sporting greens and the occasional pvp gear they wear for 2 levels before its obsolete.

In the past 3 days, I've had Huttball pop about 85-90% of the time. I fully anticipate this percentage to increase to 95-100% once the 50 only bracket is live.

Instead of fixing the CORE PROBLEM of faction imbalance, Bioware has decided to sweep that under the rug and attempt to hide it by adding more faction vs faction Warzones. I'm very disappointed in how Bioware is handling this issue and hope they do something to fix it.

The reroll republic i get each pvp roughly 33% of the time +/-

Dont cry you want sith cos its mirror class on other side for you aswell for fun pvp!

Cross server queues is the answer although really cross server queues shouldn't even be necessary. Its not Bioware's fault that most people don't like pvp. Warhammer, a much less popular game then stwor, in its early days when it had a fair ammount of players, although much less then stwor has, had four different brackets and queue times were very small for every bracket for a long time. Your average stwor player is a casual pvper or doesn't like to pvp at all. That being said though cross server queue's would fix this problem quickly. What games do some of you come from where they dont segregate level 10's from 50's as a matter of course? I have to admit I played WoW for like ten levels. The games I have played over the years for pvp DAOC, Warhammer, and Rift for instances all segregated populations based on level much more then Bioware is proposing and it did nothing but enhance the game play and ther were never any queue time problems until the game's populations diminished greatly.

It's not the number of PvP'ers.

It's the IMBALANCE of factions in PvP that is creating the queue times.

I don't care if you have 16 players that PvP or 160, if you need 2 teams from seperate pools, but you're only pulling for 10 potential players from one and 60 from the other, then there is a problem.

Think about it. Say a server has 11 Republic PvP 50's, and 25 Empire PvP players.

Let's say you get a 10 v 10 Warzone (just using these numbers for simplicities sake).

You now have 1 Republic 50 now waiting, at least 6 minutes for the next game.

What about the 15 Empire left? They go play Huttball 8v7.

Why not just throw that other Republic player in there with them? You've then cleaned out both of the waiting queues, even if it is interfaction teams and huttball (ADD ANOTHER WARZONE!!!).

What they need to do is:

1.) Allow for players level 10-49 to aquire more than just 1 PvP lvl 50 bag while leveling. Let them gear up during the process. If you let a level 10 start collecting bags (not open them. Well, maybe, haven't thought that part through), and get pretty geared by the time they hit 50, then the transition won't be so bad. Sure, you might not have a full set waiting, but you'll at least be more competitive. Currently, you can only hold 1 bag, and 1000 commendations. Up the bag total.

2.) Create a new "King of the Hill" type Warzone, and let Republic/Empire be on the same team. This prevents one SEVERLY outnumbered faction from never being able to play PvP, and also gives an alternative for those players to something other than huttball. Sure, you may still only play against the other faction 1 in 5 games, but at least you're not doing the same thing over and over, waiting for that huttball game to pop.

That seems like a completely reasonable solution. Kinda funny when you think about how much Arena hate there has been on these forums, and yet we're leaning towards a system where the same faction plays against eachother for welfare epics.

Might as well just decrease the team sizes for easier queues as well. They already said they were adding ranking. Not a world away from looking like Arenas.

You're not being punished. No one is out to get you. There is no anti-empire conspiracy.

This is however the real world and sometimes life isn't fair. Suck it up and deal with it or grab your friends and all go reroll republic. BW can't fix the population imbalance, only the players can by choosing to roll different factions.

If you go to Disneyworld on the same day as 9879998798 other people; you're going to stand in line, broslice.

It's all of your faults for wanting to be evil like the rest of the world and all rolling sith cause its "cooler"... You brought this upon yourselves... you really did. I rolled republic just so I wouldn't have to deal with it and I'm not regretting it for a second, instant ques for life.

My sith sorc is going light side. Not my fault Empire has a far more interesting storyline and dialogue. When I tried the Jedi area during beta weekend I almost went to sleep!

I guess we'll find out shortly how bad queues are for 10-49 and 50s once they separate them. I actually think 10-49 queues will get longer, too. I see a whole lot of 50s in matches now on my server.

Not enough 50 Republics.

Then BW should be coming up with ways to make Rep more appealing. The impression that Imps are receiving unfair favoritism from BW isn't helping matters, whether this impression is right or wrong doesnt matter. Perception is reality.

Edited by Tirithius

I didn't take an exhausive sample but it is far more often that less than half of the team on my side are level 50 than the other way around when I queue solo (I'm level 50), so it'd mean queue time would at least double and they're already taking pretty long. I'm not convinced there will be so many level 50s to make this work, and if this turns out to be wrong, why have a separate bracket for level 50s if you're sure most people are level 50 anyway? Edited by Astarica

Some of the republic responses in this thread are really making me glad I lean towards empire side.

As a republic player I totally feel for the imperials. It would be great if queues were quick and pvp was well balanced for both factions and we could all enjoy the game. But some of the complaints/responses from imperials I've seen are just asinine.

I've seen imperials complain that they want a fix but would never reroll because they've put far too much time already into their lvl 30's and it would just be too much trouble. I constantly see these suggestions that the republic should get some incentive to attract players.

We have short PvP queues and get to play not huttball!

This is exactly what players are asking for but yet it is not an incentive for anyone to switch. Seriously, the game is brand new and people have very little time invested (even those that play 16+ hrs a day). If you aren't willing to take the initiative and make life better for yourself now what makes you think some future incentive is going to change anyone's mind when they actually have some time invested.

The reality is that this is 100% a player driven problem and a solution will have to be player driven too. The ONLY way for faction imbalance to correct is for more players to play the smaller faction and roll Republic.

I'll have a level 50 by the end of the week. 80% of players will also have a 50 by then. I plan to pvp with my lvl 50 most of the time. My 2nd alt will pvp about 20% of the time. I'm sensing though you will miss ganking level 10's. I'm already reading threads about expertise geared lvl 50's making nerf threads. It is just a fact that premade teams in vent, with expertise gear, stims, etc. can roll over lvl 50 PUG groups.

Actually, I would support having volunteer premade warzone that awarded a lot more commendations and valor points.

You know what angers me more than anything? When people pull statistics out of their butt. How the frack do you know how many 50s there are?

At any rate I think people are confusing the issue. A level 50 with Champion+ gear will roll a level 50 with no expertise gear even if they have 15K HP as if they're a level 10. You put in the level 50 bracket and you'll just have the same guys complaining they get crushed by a Champion+ geared character. Your additional abilities or even 15K HP (which you really won't have as a fresh level 50, more like 12-13K) don't really matter what you get popped for 3K+ on fairly regular moves. I PvPed against some level 50 friends who just started PvPing and I really can't tell the difference between them and a level 10 in terms of durability since I kill them in 3 hits after they hit 50%. There's a huge difference between someone with ~500 Expertise versus 0. Edited by Astarica

All the 50 brackets will do to me as a republic player is allow our guild to get more than 4 people into one warzone by queueing at the same time. Harder to do when you have a million low levels trying to queue.

....huh?

50's should have had their own bracket from day 1, now we have a few 50's farming titles, gear and whatever pvp rewards there are by effortless farming lowbies. Maybe it was a effort to level to 50 very fast, or just a sign of to much of free time. Not to mention all 50's raging about how lower levels ruin "their" warzone. So ill say give 50's their own bracket ASAP!