Any gamers old enough to remember wanting to buy Commodore 64

Chiricahua

If memory serves way back when KMart had them for sale, and I was salivating to buy one. I didn't. My first PC was a Radio Shack (Tandy) XT clone. From there to an AT&T AT clone, and on and on from there. It's still hard to believe AT&T was once in the computer business. I once knew how to use DOS, but now it's long forgotten. I think the hard disk space for the AT clone was 20 megabyte. Edited by Chiricahua

I spent countless hours somewhere around 11 years old, inputing the code that was in the back of the hand book so that when you run it, a bitmap looking balloon would continuously travel across the page. Wrote my first high school term paper on one and printed it out on a track paper dot matrix printer.

Does that qualify as old enough?

If memory serves way back when KMart had them for sale, and I was salivating to buy one. I didn't. My first PC was a Radio Shack (Tandy) XT clone. From there to an AT&T AT clone, and on and on from there. It's still hard to believe AT&T was once in the computer business. I once knew how to use DOS, but now it's long forgotten. I think the hard disk space for the AT clone was 20 megabyte.

My first? Commodore Vic 20, aka the precursor to the Commodore 64. AWWWW YEA! (Still have it too)

I loved my old C64. spent hours nagging my mum to hook it up to the tele, then further hours waiting for the game to load, but man it was soooo worth it.

Still have it all boxed up with all games sat up in my loft. Keep meaning to drag it out and give it a go again.

I owned C64, then upgraded to the C128. Years earlier I wanted the TSR80, but could not aford it. So I had to settle playing with my uncle's. I played my first computer game on it, a simple version of Star Trek in late 70s.

I had one of those as a kid! The only actual game I had for it was Q-bert. The rest of the games I played on it were in a booklet that came with the machine that you had to type in all the lines of code every time you wanted to play them, until we got a cassette tape drive to store the programs on.

Maybe modern games should come like that. Then people would see how many lines of code go into something like that and maybe they would be more appreciative and not so demanding of all the features they want... or not.

TRS80 lol - aka trash 80

My uncle gave me his VIC 20 when he upgraded to a C64. I remember he had all these magazines "Compute Gazette" lying around. I would use those to code my crappy games then. I eventually got my C64 and 1541 disk drive lol. Music Construction Set and Koala Painter was my first 2 programs.

I really miss Mail Order Monsters. No idea why EA won't remake this for xbox 360. PVP matches with your own monster would be sweet.

Edited by Baracca

I started of with a bbc micro b

then a zx spectrum

c64

finally an amiga before going onto a sega mastersystem 2 and then megadrive -> atari jaguar -> Playstation -> ps2 -> wii <- xbox360 after getting refund on wii -> no console now.

My first pc was a custom build I did myself learning the hardway about 12 years ago, then got a dell xps powerful machine and just built my latest best a few weeks ago.

was just talking about c64 with a colleague at work a few mins ago and how much syndicate's awesomeness lives on.

My first? Commodore Vic 20, aka the precursor to the Commodore 64. AWWWW YEA! (Still have it too)

Yup. The VIC 20 was my first computer too. My grandmother actually bought it for us.

We had tons of fun with that.