More abilities than hotkey slots............

Volezlol

As a healer Operative I have more abilities than buttons. I had to choose between Diagnostic Scan and a Relic, for example. For PvE I'll swap the relic off my bar and put Scan back, but should I really have to do that? There are so many skills and so few spaces...

Really I think they could have done less skills in general, or set more of them to be specific to Advanced Classes.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of commands yes, but you also get 6 sets of toolbars. Oh snap! Oh and shhh here's a secret! You can hotkey to flip your toolbar pane as well! D'oh! Did NOT see that one coming! Soooo double toolbar = 24 keys left right theres another 24 slots + 5 more sets of 24 ... I think you have ENOUGH space to work with.

CASE CLOSED

majority of posters lack basic understaing. how sad. how familiar.

an aspect i realized is that there are many classes who have some kind of "mirror skills", meaning different skills that basically do the same, just with very slight different activation or cost. as the effect of those skills does not much of a difference i dont see why dps rotations have been made more complicated by employing those similar skills. just to keep players busy? especially pvp should not be about finishing complex dps rotations, pvp should be about smart positioning, group play and winning crowd control battles.

There are a lot of commands yes, but you also get 6 sets of toolbars. Oh snap! Oh and shhh here's a secret! You can hotkey to flip your toolbar pane as well! D'oh! Did NOT see that one coming! Soooo double toolbar = 24 keys left right theres another 24 slots + 5 more sets of 24 ... I think you have ENOUGH space to work with.

CASE CLOSED

We all allready knew that but anyone who is slightly serious about gaming will consider the switchable bars as too slow... which they are...

It also makes it impossible to see all your cooldowns which shouldnt ever be a possiblity.

Edited by Volezlol

We all allready knew that but anyone who is slightly serious about gaming will consider the switchable bars as too slow... which they are...

If you were slightly serious about gaming youd realize that 48 hotkeys are enough for every class.

For pvp, you dont have a companion bar, and for pve you dont need the companion bar open the entire time.

The discussion here is pointless.

It also makes it impossible to see all your cooldowns which shouldnt ever be a possiblity.

Guess that's why I use a speedpad myself. Going that way makes it no slower than pressing the button.

Press - pane flips - ability fires - pane flips back all before the cool down expires.

If you were slightly serious about gaming youd realize that 48 hotkeys are enough for every class.

For pvp, you dont have a companion bar, and for pve you dont need the companion bar open the entire time.

So im not allowed to use all my abilitys while im questing? Or when farming? Or when world PVPing? Please be serious....

CASE CLOSED

That's fine if you don't need to see your ability icons.

So im not allowed to use all my abilitys while im questing? Or when farming? Or when world PVPing? Please be serious....

A better way to look at it would be find the abilities that work best for PVE, and PVP.

I'd suggest this if you having issues and setup a toolbar for each PvE and PvP. There are some that work great for both, some 'seem' to be geared towards one or the other. Instead of 'cluttering' up too much this might be a way to smooth it out for you.

A better way to look at it would be find the abilities that work best for PVE, and PVP.

I'd suggest this if you having issues and setup a toolbar for each PvE and PvP. There are some that work great for both, some 'seem' to be geared towards one or the other. Instead of 'cluttering' up too much this might be a way to smooth it out for you.

Or...they can add a third action bar,

If you want to effectively control your companions then yeah you do need it open. Mocking someone for their choice of play is a bit rude. What is wrong with having more hotbars and a scalable UI?

2 Bottom-Center hotbars isn't enough. Page scrolling is an old MMO standard. This isn't 2003 anymore folks!

That's fine if you don't need to see your ability icons.

You can't remember what toolbar pane is set for what types of attacks? You don't just randomly toss abilities. You have to 'think' ahead.

Okay toolbar 1 is for this type, 2 for this type, so on and so forth. Toss in a speedpad and it's far easier. Single button flipping for toolbar pane + ability firing and switch back.

I don't mean to come off as a jack wagon, but it's common sense. Just think about how to use ALL assests you have.

If it's too much, than needle out the ones that are 'less effective'.

As one of the original guys who ragged on him for being a clicker... which I then had to retract...

Back off guys.

He wants more hotbars.

More hotbars is not going to hurt.

I would not mind a third or even fourth middle one, then I could show my bindings in the actual way they are layed out on the keyboard and get the ones off the sides of the screens.

Really, his request for is more toolbars that you can choose to toggle on if you want to.

If you don't want them, don't turn them on.

More choice = good.

Downside to his request = none.

Us being ***** about it = silly.

To the OP...

/agree

Lets have the choice to have more tool bars, why not?

Edited by Incomprehensible

As one of the original guys who ragged on him for being a clicker... which I then had to retract...

Back off guys.

He wants more hotbars.

More hotbars is not going to hurt.

I would not mind a third or even foruth middle one, then I could show my bindings in the actual way they are layed out on the keyboard and get the ones off the sides of the screens.

Really, his request is more tooldbars you cans choose to toggle on if you want to.

If you don't want them, don't turn them on.

More choice = good.

Downside to his request = none.

Us being ***** about it = silly.

To the OP...

/agree

Lets have the choice to have more tool bars, why not?

This man gets the idea. Kudos.

Can anyone explain to me why 3 ppl randomly assume i click my abilities?

They are self proclaimed masters of All. All hail to the kings of knowledge! Ummm, right it's called Forum troll, dangerous specimens indeed.

To the point:

Yeah, I agree this is ridiculous. I don't bother with companion much, but even without his hotbar the UI is so crappy that I have to have all my abilities across the screen so I have to watch whole screen to see if something is out of CD or not.

No clicker here (clickers are easy prey though, yum), I binded half of my keyboard. Used to play Bear Shaman in AoC and that was like playing piano. Like was playing well equipped character in DDO (that's where I mastered my key binding, because I used to control around 12 hotbars with keyboard).

I would like to add to this that I'd like some option to lock myself in mouse look, I just hate to hold right button. Perfect way of doing this and not lose much of targeting precision is how it is done in DDO. Or generally some more options of bindable targeting, like target nearest enemy etc.

You can't remember what toolbar pane is set for what types of attacks? You don't just randomly toss abilities. You have to 'think' ahead.

Okay toolbar 1 is for this type, 2 for this type, so on and so forth. Toss in a speedpad and it's far easier. Single button flipping for toolbar pane + ability firing and switch back.

I don't mean to come off as a jack wagon, but it's common sense. Just think about how to use ALL assests you have.

If it's too much, than needle out the ones that are 'less effective'.

Of course I remember where my abilities are. I've been using gamepads for years. My point is that I prefer to manage cooldowns visually instead of just smashing a macro and hoping the ability is available. I also prefer to use ranged abilities on people who are actually in range instead of smashing a macro and hoping the target is in range. To me, if you aren't using visual cues you aren't using ALL assets you have.

The most abilities a single character can have is about 30. each bar gives 12

12 X 4 = 48 - 12 for your companion's bar = 36 you should be able to have at least 6 slots open to put in clickable items like Throw Huttball, Use Medpac, and use Relic activation.

If you don't know how to access these last two bars it is quite simple.

LOOOK AT THE OPTIONS MENU YOU FIG NEWTON.

I would like to see more bars added so we can bind more keys, and the ability to customize there layout, i use a g13 and i would like to layout my bars to match my g13, it has 4 rows of keys the first 2 rows have 7 keys the next row has 5 and the last row has 3 keys.

[g1][g2][ g3 ][ g4 ][ g5 ][ g6 ][ g7 ]

[g8][g9][g10][g11][g12][g13][g14]

......[g15][g16][g17][g18][g19]......

..............[g20][g21][g22]..............

and all of them can be bound or macros can be recorded on them, not only that i have 3 memory banks for it so i can switch from M1 M2 or M3 and have the keys bound differently on each. so this gives me 66 keys not counting the joystick or the 2 keys next to the joystick i keep those set for moving forwards, backwards, and strafe left or right, and the 2 keys jump and tab-target. i don't bind the joystick press as i find it difficult to press it down while fighting.

more bars and more bindings please!!

Whereas I do sympathize with having come across the "Where the heck am I going to put this?" situation. I have to agree with others that you don't need all your powers all the time and it is completely reasonable to prioritize since you will be using a handful of abilities for most of your rotation. If your clicking (or keying) some meaningless power your wasting a cd that could be used for something more meaningful, especially in a time-sensitive situation (like being beat to death).

All of that being said I didn't see you offer a suggestion. Do you want bioware to stack our screen full of hotbars that you can see, or do you want them to half the number of abilities we get? I think the UI is pretty useful. I would like the ability to undock, resize and reorgainze my hot bars to my desire but you really can't ask for everything on day 1 (although apparently you can cry about not having it).

CASE CLOSED

I think you get it at this point of thread, but just to say it once again.

I want to see cool downs on all my abilities!!!

CASE STILL OPEN

Edit:

And I want to see them at one place, not all over my screen.

Edited by pEEtrsCZ

there are a lot of commands yes, but you also get 6 sets of toolbars. Oh snap! Oh and shhh here's a secret! You can hotkey to flip your toolbar pane as well! D'oh! Did not see that one coming! Soooo double toolbar = 24 keys left right theres another 24 slots + 5 more sets of 24 ... I think you have enough space to work with.

Case closed

why

are

you

against

progess?

The most abilities a single character can have is about 30. each bar gives 12

12 X 4 = 48 - 12 for your companion's bar = 36 you should be able to have at least 6 slots open to put in clickable items like Throw Huttball, Use Medpac, and use Relic activation.

If you don't know how to access these last two bars it is quite simple.

LOOOK AT THE OPTIONS MENU YOU FIG NEWTON.

My Sith Assasin has 36 base abilities, another 3-5 from the adv. trees (depending on spec), 2 relics, 2-3 pots/stims, speeder, target marker (god forbid I had room to ever use that), etc. At the very minimum you should be able to comfortably hotkey all of that, not to mention convenience skills like the quick travels. In a modern mmo, a customizable ui should be standard. Including moveable and resizable hotbars, target, character, and group windows.

Edited by rukkis

Even if you don't click, it's nice to be able to -see- all the abilities on bars for the sake of monitoring cooldowns.

It's not ridiculous to ask for another action bar, or to extend the ones we have currently as an option for the UI.

There's no way any decent player wouldn't have those keybound.

So I counted the stuff I need. I have 34 abilities, 5 grenades, medpac, 2 pvp consumables, stim, adrenal, 2 relic, throw huttball, speeder, instant travel, fleet pass.

That's 50 abilities I need keybound and only 48 slots to keybind them to.

That's not even counting my companion at all.

Edited by Khabarach