Premade PVP: Opt out queue

Aega

Hey fellas (Bioware). I've had the chance to check the pvp warzones and they look like fun.

TLDR: Please give me the option of queuing up against other solo pvp players just looking to thump some heads in a warzone. I don't mind waiting the extra queue time to partake in some competitive pvp.

One thing I've learned: there are some awesome pvp players here. However, when one encounters a group of coordinated premade players, any semblance of competitive fun goes right out the window and right quick.

I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity and thrill of working with fellow friends to dominate a pvp match. But ask someone about their favorite sport match-up and they'll almost always have a story that involves two great teams going to head to head. The winner usually so by a narrow margin. Great memories!

Back to Swotr pvp... I don't have that awesome team. Yes I could theoretically find a group of players to run with but my circumstances make that much harder than say, a group of RL friends all getting into the game.

I know premade players enjoy the way things are and I do not advocate changing their experience. Just add a Queue vs Solo option that puts me up against like-minded players.

There really is no valid argument against this. I appreciate your taking a look at this!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing though.. is it might be difficult for pvp group queues to find a queue if they are separate in this. because then you would need to have FOUR premades to make one game and unless it was hutball they would have to be half on opposite factions.

IMO a better idea is to have it so that if you queue in a group... you can only get in a game where the opposing team has a premade group of the same size. this lets independents still in the game but balances it more I think.

It's funny how this gets so much support.

But if you word it like "I shouldn't have to face premades. Make a seperate queue for them", you get wild hate from premaders.

They mean exactly the same thing. The only difference is that the puggers would need to click a button to enter their solo only queue.

I just find it interesting is all.

This forum really needed another thread about premades, thanks so much for it.

Thing is - I que solo, most of my guild Qs as premades. I just like banging heads, win or loose, its fun. When I am against a really good premade I try learn something and when I drop in with a premade on our side I enjoy the show.

the only thing though.. is it might be difficult for pvp group queues to find a queue if they are separate in this. because then you would need to have FOUR premades to make one game and unless it was hutball they would have to be half on opposite factions.

IMO a better idea is to have it so that if you queue in a group... you can only get in a game where the opposing team has a premade group of the same size. this lets independents still in the game but balances it more I think.

Most of what I've seen from premade players are this:

1. They really enjoy playing with their friends/guildmates.

2. They really enjoy competitive pvp.

3. They do not want to be forced to pvp a certain way, i.e. queuing 'as party' to put them in a separate queue ONLY against other parties; mostly for reasons of wait times.

What I'm suggesting puts anyone wanting to PvP ONLY vs SOLO in a separate queue along with any additional wait times that incurs.

Leave the normal queue as is. My suggestion would require an additional step by players to enter this queue. Otherwise they would still enter pvp against solo and premades as usual.

Concerning "forced pvp". If this isn't a guise and is a true goal for all, then letting solo players have a choice for competitive pvp is only fair.

The proof will be in the pudding. If queue times increase for premades then they were only playing against people who didn't want to be stomped repeatedly match after match and where is the fun in that?

Then it becomes an issue of "I want solo players to be forced to play against my premades, bypassing competitive pvp, so I don't have to wait" OR "I like being in a premade because it guarantees victory most of the time because we don't have real competition." These reasons lack integrity and honor and are not a good argument.

Hey fellas (Bioware). I've had the chance to check the pvp warzones and they look like fun.

TLDR: Please give me the option of queuing up against other solo pvp players just looking to thump some heads in a warzone. I don't mind waiting the extra queue time to partake in some competitive pvp.

One thing I've learned: there are some awesome pvp players here. However, when one encounters a group of coordinated premade players, any semblance of competitive fun goes right out the window and right quick.

I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity and thrill of working with fellow friends to dominate a pvp match. But ask someone about their favorite sport match-up and they'll almost always have a story that involves two great teams going to head to head. The winner usually so by a narrow margin. Great memories!

Back to Swotr pvp... I don't have that awesome team. Yes I could theoretically find a group of players to run with but my circumstances make that much harder than say, a group of RL friends all getting into the game.

I know premade players enjoy the way things are and I do not advocate changing their experience. Just add a Queue vs Solo option that puts me up against like-minded players.

There really is no valid argument against this. I appreciate your taking a look at this!

I would say allowng groups of 2 would be fine, but anything above 2 is guuuu

That might be a good compromise to keep queue times down, but also balance the issue of pre-mades better than it currently works.

-Macheath.

It's funny how this gets so much support.

But if you word it like "I shouldn't have to face premades. Make a seperate queue for them", you get wild hate from premaders.

They mean exactly the same thing. The only difference is that the puggers would need to click a button to enter their solo only queue.

I just find it interesting is all.

Main difference: this does not institute any changes for premade players. They still log in, still group up and queue normally.

This removes any valid argument from premade players. What arguments that are left expose those wanting to argue for what they are: selfish players not really interested in competitive pvp looking to stomp solo's for easy pickings. That is not pvp. That is not fun.

Main difference: this does not institute any changes for premade players. They still log in, still group up and queue normally.

This removes any valid argument from premade players. What arguments that are left expose those wanting to argue for what they are: selfish players not really interested in competitive pvp looking to stomp solo's for easy pickings. That is not pvp. That is not fun.

It's pretty much the same thing. Regardless of weither they have to hit "Queue as premade" or not, the end result will still be that they get longer queues and only fight other premades for the most part.

It's just funny how people's minds work when it comes to this sort of thing.

But I support anything that gets premades out of fighting puggers. It's a silly thing and shouldn't exist in any MMO.

I do think queueing with one other person should not constitute a "premade" though.

Think first guys:..

Step 1. First we separate the 50's into their own bracket (o snaps longer q times)

- Story based mmo, o snaps less 50's because alot are in it for the story

Step 2. Separate premades and solo (o snaps longer q times)

Step 3. Make rated BG's (o snaps longer q times)

Step 4. ***** about q times

Step 5. ? Profit?

Don't get me wrong. I premade stomp all the time. I understand where everybody is comming from. But no separation will be supported by me if it means long q times. Link up servers and this COULD work. But if anybody played WOW. You'll remember how long it took to get a group(over 5) vs group in BG's. It was unbearable. Also where do you draw the line? Is 2 people a group? Is 3 people? or only 4?

The only thing this will do, is make me and my teamates q up separately at the exact same time. Which will MOST likely = a bigger premade (right now it only supports 4, although we have 10+ people wanting in) . So all 10 of us q at the same time. It would most likely result in a bigger more unfair group. Thats my 2 cents.

Yeah, this makes more sense. Especially if you arn't going to allow full group remades.

Think first guys:..

Step 1. First we separate the 50's into their own bracket (o snaps longer q times)

- Story based mmo, o snaps less 50's because alot are in it for the story

Step 2. Separate premades and solo (o snaps longer q times)

Step 3. Make rated BG's (o snaps longer q times)

Step 4. ***** about q times

Step 5. ? Profit?

Don't get me wrong. I premade stomp all the time. I understand where everybody is comming from. But no separation will be supported by me if it means long q times. Link up servers and this COULD work. But if anybody played WOW. You'll remember how long it took to get a group(over 5) vs group in BG's. It was unbearable. Also where do you draw the line? Is 2 people a group? Is 3 people? or only 4?

The only thing this will do, is make me and my teamates q up separately at the exact same time. Which will MOST likely = a bigger premade (right now it only supports 4, although we have 10+ people wanting in) . So all 10 of us q at the same time. It would most likely result in a bigger more unfair group. Thats my 2 cents.

Was waiting for this post. Doing this would wreck the queue times for premades. It's kinda sad when you think about it. To support the way that a small group of people want to play you have to force a larger group to play with them even though they don't want to lol. If it wasn't a smaller group then it wouldn't be a problem.

The alternative is to have people like myself simply not queue at all. People will only play so many times against such odds that a premade brings to the table. As much fun as it is for you to get to stomp a pug, its exactly not as much fun to face defeat repeatedly.

I'm not suggesting changing what is already in place, but only adding an option for players like myself. If it turns out that most of the playerbase moves to the "vs. solo only" queue, then it was for the best anyhow. Noone is keeping solo or premades from using the current system.

It has merit. Perhaps when we start seeing rated pvp matches the premades will go there instead, leaving the "regular" ones for the rest of us who don't yet have the ability to make premade groups.

They won't unless they're forced to. WoW proved that. Premades dominate both ranked and unranked pvp (they use an addon to time their way into the same queue).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.