Where are our Chat Bubbles?

Draconus-Spawn

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone ever bother reading my posts now :(

I'll try out the advice on that website next time I'm on and post the results here

Edit: From testing it myself, it doesn't look like this "Tweak" is functional any more, though I can confirm it was during release build in the beta.

Others should feel free to try themselves in case its simply me being rubbish.

Edited by Surberus

I remember them saying chat bubbles was high priority toward the end of the beta. I'm sad to hear that it's not in the game yet. :(

Good thing the chat window is movable though, think I will move it to the upper middle of the screen when I RP for the time being, the default place for the chat window is horrible for RP as far as I'm conserned.

if they aren't going to make chat bubbles, at least make the chatframe more noticable, or a warning sound when you get a whisper or whatever, currently I miss like half of whispers and party chat because its barely noticable

If you guys haven't been listening multiple posters have pointed out that in the .ini file(aka the file that keeps track of your settings) There is an option for chat bubbles. This means that they've already coded in chat bubbles they just haven't finished making the UI buttons to turn it on. Relax, they will put it in, probably soon.

If you guys haven't been listening multiple posters have pointed out that in the .ini file(aka the file that keeps track of your settings) There is an option for chat bubbles. This means that they've already coded in chat bubbles they just haven't finished making the UI buttons to turn it on. Relax, they will put it in, probably soon.

Yup. I just hope they are on by default. Theres a few reasons why I suggest that:

• New players will more then likely use and accept them, and thus be more talkative to other players (SWG is prime example of this working).

• Other players will not have to constantly wonder "did this guy figure out how to turn on chat bubbles? or am I talking to thin air?"

• From beta threads, and this thread, and other threads... the ratio of "i dun care/i hate" troll poster to "Yes please!" posters is heavily weighted towards having them on.

• Options allow to turn off, so defaulted on is good for the social community. And those 1 or 2 people who hate them can go turn them off on their machine.
Edited by Frigidman

I found a link on reddit with some information on how to force on chat bubbles. From what I have heard it does not seem to work on this build. But as you could force it on (in the beta) I guess we will get a actual setting in the game really soon where we can toggle it on and off. ^^

Edited by BoninoX

/approves this message.

Chat Bubbles would be great to have. Me and a couple of guildies were RPing yesterday and it just was an annoyance watching the chat box in the top left hand corner. Would be nice to be able to enable floating chat text.

I think chat bubbles would be pretty cool if done right. I like the atmosphere of having them. Both WoW and SWG, two of my favorite mmorpg's which happen to be polar opposites in both community and gameplay, shared this feature.

Would love the Devs to clarify about whether it's even been up for consideration.

Edited by Teloss

i vote for this too

chat bubbles are needed, but for those who do not want them, allow it to be turned off...

I give you 9000 internets. A simple solution to any controversy... Personal choice. I already love how many UI/interface/misc options there are, and how user friendly they are in game. Adding a toggle chat bubble option couldn't hurt, and I think a lot in the community like the idea.

Remember guys, threads like this are one of the best ways of getting it in game. If it has support in a majority of the posts, it has more of a chance to be considered and even possibly favored by the devs.

if it wasnt in the last beta it wont be out on launch, as other people have said they are working on UI improvements. So be patient and off the top of my head i can think of one mmo that doesnt have speach bubbles. its DDO (dungeons and dragons online)

they have voice chat and a chat box

Are you kidding? It would be easy to add a small feature like this. That's only if hasn't already been developed already. They could be waiting to implement it as we speak. The only reason I could see them not adding this right away is because it's not high priority, for whichever reason mentioned above.

I wouldn't use the previous Beta as an excuse for something so small. It's just a simple matter of priority at this point. They are incredibly busy working on server stability, small performance tweaks, and fine tuning/working on bug fixes and preparing for the next build.

If we get chat bubbles it will probably be added during the soonest hotfix. Which luckily for BW and their Hero engine, they can implement while servers are still live. I just hope that if they add chat bubbles, they tie a list of keywords to certain emotes to give conversation more character.

Edited by Teloss

On the same note as chat bubbles.. how about the /talk emote being used automatically when you /say something?

I mean, either that or make /talk a repeating animation emote like /bow so you are also not staring at a completely unmoving puppet when RPing.

I spent an hour last night RPing on the highrise of the Alliance Fleet Cantina on The Progenitor (EU) and this bothered me at least as much as the lack of speech bubbles.