Where are our Chat Bubbles?

Draconus-Spawn

I'm still holding on to hope that there will be a patch close to release or after it where they put chat bubbles in. RP just won't be the same without them. :(

That say I wish they also given us the ability to lay down.

I'm sure it will all be patched in soon, as you do have a /lay emote and a /sleep emote , I just don't see them adding a animation to it, it's kinda silly to read "Cyrus falls in to a deep sleep" when you're looking at the character at the same time seeing him standing there with his eyes open.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with the original poster: We need chat bubbles! Contextual floating text reproduces the directional sense of hearing in real life... you know which way the voice is coming from and can easily distinguish who is speaking.

If there were options to show bubbles for different channels, that would be best. Like /say and /party bubbles.

Star Wars Galaxies rocked these bubbles because they made the actual bubble frame different depending on your context. If you yelled or were in an angry "mood", the chat bubble would be spikey. If you typed "/sing Mary had a little lamb", the chat bubble would look like bars of music. It was really slick.

But as long as we have basic floating text, I'd be happy.

It was stated that Bioware disabled chat bubbles in the beta because they wanted to work on them so it could get in at LAUNCH.

Launch means 20th December...

Tomorrow people, tomorrow we will see, and then you can complain ;)

I truly hope you're correct! I guess we will find out in a few hours, Oh please let there be chat bubbles when I wake up. :jawa_angel:

Maybe it's a conscious decision and they will never give us chat bubbles, but personally I think that, yeah, it was a graphical glitch related to transparency, much like it happens sometimes with anti-aliasing: probably, because of the glitch, bubbles disappear and you can't see them, but it's just my theory.

Given the inevitable pre-launch rush, they just queued down this problem while trying to resolve more pressing ones related to performance and whatnot (and that is a wise decision, because the most important thing is actually making your game playable, then it comes all the pretty enhancements like chat bubbles).

Patience, patience! :)

Maybe it's a conscious decision and they will never give us chat bubbles, but personally I think that, yeah, it was a graphical glitch related to transparency, much like it happens sometimes with anti-aliasing: probably, because of the glitch, bubbles disappear and you can't see them, but it's just my theory.

Given the inevitable pre-launch rush, they just queued down this problem while trying to resolve more pressing ones related to performance and whatnot (and that is a wise decision, because the most important thing is actually making your game playable, then it comes all the pretty enhancements like chat bubbles).

Patience, patience! :)

Personally I think that they have a lot of things to fix and they're not going to make a patch for each one individually(For example: Satele Shan being mini sized in first council meeting for Knight, Eyes disappearing in some peoples convos, Being pushed next to a door in voidstar can push an attacker to the other side, setting the spawns on that side and making the game unwinable, occasionally in warzones even with a full game the game ends due to not enough player, etc. etc.) So they'll probably get it in the next patch...

+1 for chat bubles.

They greatly improve the imersion of the game, specially considering RPing.

It was very nice to be walking around in LOTRO and cross a group of people chatting, the matter of the conversation being interesting you could try to join the discussion, good things came from it.

The game as it without it looks so baren.

Conversations should be as natural as possible, and chat bubles seem to be the easiest way to accomplish it, especially when it allows you do meet people you would otherwise simply run thru without noticing they are RPing, like the game is now.

Personally I think that they have a lot of things to fix and they're not going to make a patch for each one individually(For example: Satele Shan being mini sized in first council meeting for Knight, Eyes disappearing in some peoples convos, Being pushed next to a door in voidstar can push an attacker to the other side, setting the spawns on that side and making the game unwinable, occasionally in warzones even with a full game the game ends due to not enough player, etc. etc.) So they'll probably get it in the next patch...

While i certainly agree that bugs need fixing, they have a tendency to be one time issues, localized, a temporary nuisance and usually have easy workarounds, making little impact ont he overall experience.

On the other hand, the lack of chat bubles can make most of the playable time of some players lacking immersion, make one feel alone even if hes in the middle of a large number of toons, because theres no interaction between players in the open world in a naturall way, unless people are in a guild or something, but then the universe of people becomes limited.

I HATE chat bubbles. They take up too much screen when you are in a mildly populated place. I dont know why it matters that you read it in a bubble instead of in a box...

Oh well, I suppose if its an option people want, they deserve it.

But, I must ask for the ability to disable such an annoying game option.

Edited by AriochX