[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

I have an active subscription for another 2 months and I do not regret that; however, if I were to decide whether to cancel/not cancel at this exact moment, I would choose not to resubscribe. The game's not bad and I'm sure that in 6-12 months it will really be great, but right now, the only thing to do is to level alts. PvP is terrible, HM FPs are only fun for so long, and ops are buggy beyond belief.

I have never been a person who likes to have 5 characters in one MMO game, I have always preferred to play one character most of the time and to make another character only when I feel like it. This game, however, is forcing me to make alts; there is, simply, nothing else to do.

I think that right now the game is not worth the money. I sincerely hope it'll improve soon.

Edited by MartyCZE

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to mostly come to the forum to whine/dramaquit anyways. Ofcourse you will have more "no" votes.

Try asking the same question ingame.

Ingame you wont have any drama, because most of the people go quietly.

None of us can give exact numbers, but I have the feeling, that the people of EA wont have the fun next time, when it comes to the announcement of the SWTOR active subcount.

For my part, I wont look back and move on, because this game doesnt offer enough to keep me paying for it.

A MMO I have been waiting on for the better part of 5-6 years is slated for release in April. It's not for everyone, and the company hasn't got a stellar reputation, but there's more there than meets the eye. Because of that, I'm willing to give them a final chance.

My wife and I spoke about dual subscribing to SWTOR and the new MMO when it releases, but quite honestly unless they do something about server populations for some servers feeling like ghost towns during prime time, I'm going to drop SWTOR like a white hot rock. There's no point in playing on a server where there's less than 10 people on a planet like say Voss during primetime.

I have supported Bioware for a very very long time. I was a absolutely HUGE fan of the original NWN, and the DA series for most part. (didn't care for NWN 2, primarily because the world editor was pretty much a cluaster-F. You guys at BW should have stuck with the original Aurora Toolkit) I've never honestly played the ME line of games but they've always appeared to be interesting and so I've generally accredited Bioware with being a "reliable" developer.

That said, I recognize SWTOR is BW's first MMO, but things are just not good. As Meg once said, "There's something definitely rotten in the state of Camazotz." I'm going to hedge a guess that the rotten is EA. I don't know that, but given EA's horrifically bad track record, it's my guesstimation.

Bioware needs to pretty much pimpslap EA hard enough to break a couple of fingers and send them back to the projects where they belong. Then they need to move with all the aggressiveness of a starving shark swimming in blood-soaked water to address the issues and player concerns. Communication should be tantamount, and should be profuse, regular and verbose.

The tactics of sticking your head in the sand and hoping things won't notice you, or taking exorbitant amounts of time to fix some things aren't working. As Julius Gaius Caesar rightly pointed out, you cannot win a war by turtling up and attempting to hold out against a siege.

So in the short answer, no, not unless several MMO-critical issues like populations both for faction and server are addressed and resolved with extreme prejudice.

Already cancelled. I love the storylines and voices, but those are not enough to keep me paying month-to-month for what I can get from one of the games I have on backlog that don't require a subscription. The social MMO elements are severely lacking or flawed so as not to be enjoyable. Grouping for quests isn't enough, and this is certainly the case when it's not rewarding before endgame, is buggy, or people are just passing them by pre-level 50. I really hope that things turn around. I would be happy to come back.

Unsubbed last night. I agree with you here. The story is great but I don't want to pay a monthly fee for a single player experience, throw in MP options and call it an MMO.

I liked the AC design for each class. More than likely the game really shined when I reached level 10 and playing both sides of each class.

Finding groups is starting to be a chore I don't want to wait 30 minutes to find a group for FPs and heroics and this is on a Friday night? I was on a pretty full/heavy server form the beginning and now it's standard most of the time. Tattooine has only 30 people most likely a 3rd of them not doing the same heroics that I'm on. I would like to do the heroics for the XP and most of the time there is decent gear. I actually left and abandoned the heroics because there was noone doing them. Alderaan is the same for me.

If BW wanted to model this game after WOW they sire left out a lot of features that should have been standard.

I may return but not sure. I still think this has potential but we'll see.

Yes.

I dont see any point in quitting tor when im enjoying it.

People seem to mostly come to the forum to whine/dramaquit anyways. Ofcourse you will have more "no" votes.

Try asking the same question ingame.

Yes, the results are a bit anecdotal at best. But still interesting to see how they have changed.

I sincerely will only continue my subscription if I don't have anything else to play. But since there are some games on the horizon, I might give this game some break until it is more "polished" and with the user-friendly tools the community needs.

To all the fanbois once again coming to the staunch defence of this "was ment to be great but failed spectacularly game".

You had better hope that GW2 releases in just as bad a state otherwise that's gonna be really embarrassing for you and this game.

GW2 is not wasting resources in voice-acting. It will bring the content players want.

Don't get me wrong, if voice-acting was a plus it would be great. But as it stands now, voice-acting is the ONLY big thing about this game.

GW2 is not wasting resources in voice-acting. It will bring the content players want.

Don't get me wrong, if voice-acting was a plus it would be great. But as it stands now, voice-acting is the ONLY big thing about this game.

Indeed, I think if they hadn't included voice acting and had focused on the other mechanics instead then this game would have been the WoW killer everyone wanted.

You should really go read the press beta reviews on GW2. I thought it looked amazing, but was skeptical due to some things I disliked about the first one.

Anyways, go read because.... it's not just a crashing client, it is crashing PCs. The FPS makes an overcrowded Ilum look smooth as silk on mid-range, even slightly high end.. systems, and PvP amounts to mashing 2 buttons currently, one for your Primary attack and one for your self-heal. I had a lot of hope for it, but I am not pleased with the reviews, and I can waive off reviews as hearsay and gibberish when they seem biased... but these were pretty much across the board.

Graphics wise the game looks amazing, but... I'm not quite into graphics as much as playability, replay and general enjoyment.

To keep this post on topic: That's why I will keep my SWTOR sub going, I enjoy it quite a bit, and I don't see anything around the corner to pique my interest yet.

No, my reasons are....

1. It felt like I'd played the game, before actually playing it.

2. The roleplaying felt really uninvolved

3. For a story that's supposed to be "mine", everyone else seemed to have a similar

4. Nothing to do after level 50

Those are my reasons, I might come back, but I doubt it. The game just feels like a copy/paste of all the other MMOs but with VO and lightsabers. =/

I feel sorry for you and I thought cancelling with 67 days left was bad.

Yeah, I got the six month subscription. I thought "hey, this game couldn't possibly get boring, I can see myself playing it for years!".

Stupid rose coloured glasses blinded me :p

Edited by Darth_Urtani

Nope, will NOT re-sub. Here is why:

-Post Level Cap = Worst MMO I've played. To all you guys that are sub 50 and saying you love the game, well, once you hit 50 there is no more story, no more exploring planets, no more space ship missions in essence no more of what was primarily hyped for this game, it's all gone.

Imagine logging into your level 30 character and just running PvP or doing the same unchallenging flashpoint you did yesterday(no space missions, no story and stay in the exact same zone without leaving), now do that every day for 2 weeks and come back and tell us how much you 'love' the game. That is what awaits you at level 50.

-Performance is the worst of any MMO I've played ever(running a gtx 590 mind you).

-UI = Terrible and dated looking

-Graphics = Stale

-PvP = Horrible, horrible and I don't think the 'magic patch 1.2' will fix it.

-Slow to respond. For anyone that played Rift, I mean, Trion would fix things immediately and certainly would have rolled back all those people that hit BM in 1 day due to the Illum bug. I'm still astonished that BW chose to just let that go and do nothing.

Edited by rbguy

no, right now the game sucks, too many bugs, that cheated high graphic setting that is medium in reality, no endgame content, 3 lousy warzones that start delaying your skills for miracle reasons, again the textures cause they are that bad, design flaws in armor (peacock sage, stephen kings it helmet for juggernaut) just too many missteps to still say this is is worth a monthly 15 euros,put the voice acting aside and you get a mediocre game nothing more

Agreed.

But i´d say put aside SW theme and now THAT´S a mediocre game.

No

Right now SWTOR is the best game of 2006... too bad it is 2012 and the standards of MMOs have been raised.

The complaints I have of the game have been posted many times on these boards by people far smarter and more eloquent than I.

Yes. The game offers 8 different story lines with 3 choices of how to respond to most activities in the story. The combination is pretty exciting! Then there are the companions and the crafting! It's a lot of stuff and I'm not so much as curious about endgame. :p

Nope, will NOT re-sub. Here is why:

-Post Level Cap = Worst MMO I've played. To all you guys that are sub 50 and saying you love the game, well, once you hit 50 there is no more story, no more exploring planets, no more space ship missions in essence no more of what was primarily hyped for this game, it's all gone.

Imagine logging into your level 30 character and just running PvP or doing the same unchallenging flashpoint you did yesterday(no space missions, no story and stay in the exact same zone without leaving), now do that every day for 2 weeks and come back and tell us how much you 'love' the game. That is what awaits you at level 50.

-Performance is the worst of any MMO I've played ever(running a gtx 590 mind you).

-UI = Terrible and dated looking

-Graphics = Stale

-PvP = Horrible, horrible and I don't think the 'magic patch 1.2' will fix it.

-Slow to respond. For anyone that played Rift, I mean, Trion would fix things immediately and certainly would have rolled back all those people that hit BM in 1 day due to the Illum bug. I'm still astonished that BW chose to just let that go and do nothing.

People saying: "hey, i´m having a blast" or "this game rocks" are true, in a way. I had some fun until hit 50. But after that, meh.

Story can only hold the playerbase for so long, BW. U better get your game face on.