[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends, I told my guildmates I'd give this game to the summer to make my final verdict. What I must see improve/fix/implement/revamp:

- Ilum in its current state is a complete joke; it easily the biggest showing of how inexperience Bioware is at making MMOs. Currently kill trading isn't a violate of TOS (lolwut?), the fight is massively one sided (I play Imp so I'm on the winning side 99% of the time). And even if people weren't fight-clubbing, is collecting boxes and killing random groups of opposing players in the same area over and over again fun to anyone? What makes world PvP enjoyable is the dynamic battlefield (its never in the same place) and the unpredictability in the skirmishes. We have neither with Ilum.

- Ability delay, still a massive problem no doubt to using the HERO engine.

- Bugged raids, were 2 months post beta and the final encounter still has more bugs than an entire tier would in WoW.

- Meaningless PvP grind. Right now its just an experience bar with a different name. There needs to be a system that rewards for skill, not time commitment.

- Combat logs, why we don't have this EXTREMELY BASIC feature is mind-boggling. If the devs are concerned it will upset casual players go see how the debate played out in Rift, it will no doubt be the same here.

- Transient balancing. Surge gets nerfed and we are left with no way to min/max. What are the point of mods if we can't min/max or use gear we find desirable on a vanity level?

- Space combat, extremely boring, no PvP or meaningful PvE.

- 90% of planets are useless after reaching 50. Give incentives to get the hell off the fleet.

I've played several MMO's (Wow, LOTRO, AoC, Aion) and this is the first MMO that I will (eventually) level an alt from 1 to max level. I will definitely play until I reach 50 on my alt. However, I don't have much time available for end game so I'm not sure what I will do after that.

No because:

Game after your first level 50 toon is just boring.

Nothing for guilds to work towards.

Same old mindless grind.

Crafting is pointless

Grouping is getting harder and not encouraged. ( Balsavis today had a population of less than 12 )

Community seems dead, feels like many have stopped playing.

SWTOR forums are too busy covering up any bad press about the game.

Not enough was implemented into the game for guilds to do, nothing to work towards.

It felt like a solo player all the way to level 50.

The game had now become such a chore and does not hold my interest at all.

I already responded that I will continue subbing because I do like the game.

However I've changed my mind and as of this morning have unsubbed. Call it a (hopefully) temporary hiatus. I'll be back if and when they implement character transfers. My server is one of the temporary oceanic ones which I play on because it matches my playtimes. Since they are now offering transfers to oceanic players to official oceanic servers and not others I've found out a good many of my friends and people I group with as well as probably my guild is transfering.

Really bummed about that and can't at this time stomach rerolling on whatever server they end up going too as well as having all my characters now stuck on a non oceanic server. I play for 'fun' and since a lot of that fun is disappearing I'll be taking a break.

Hopefully they'll implement character transfers sooner rather then later. If not. Oh well I guess.

I already responded that I will continue subbing because I do like the game.

However I've changed my mind and as of this morning have unsubbed. Call it a (hopefully) temporary hiatus. I'll be back if and when they implement character transfers. My server is one of the temporary oceanic ones which I play on because it matches my playtimes. Since they are now offering transfers to oceanic players to official oceanic servers and not others I've found out a good many of my friends and people I group with as well as probably my guild is transfering.

Really bummed about that and can't at this time stomach rerolling on whatever server they end up going too as well as having all my characters now stuck on a non oceanic server. I play for 'fun' and since a lot of that fun is disappearing I'll be taking a break.

Hopefully they'll implement character transfers sooner rather then later. If not. Oh well I guess.

Well they already announced them so hopefully it will be soon

No, I decided to cancel my subscription. I very much enjoyed leveling 1-50 on my main char, but the lack of things to do and the large amount of bugs and half-finished implementations made the endgame just not enjoyable for me. I leveled a few alts, highest to 39, but the non-class grind quests and the awkward traveling system made leveling my alts feel too tedious and just not fun enough to warrant doing it, let alone continue to pay a monthly fee.

I will continue to monitor the development the game goes through, and I honestly hope I will return to a vastly improved SWTOR in some months time.

Wishing you all much fun gaming, either with this game or another one!

No, I decided to cancel my subscription. I very much enjoyed leveling 1-50 on my main char, but the lack of things to do and the large amount of bugs and half-finished implementations made the endgame just not enjoyable for me. I leveled a few alts, highest to 39, but the non-class grind quests and the awkward traveling system made leveling my alts feel too tedious and just not fun enough to warrant doing it, let alone continue to pay a monthly fee.

I will continue to monitor the development the game goes through, and I honestly hope I will return to a vastly improved SWTOR in some months time.

Wishing you all much fun gaming, either with this game or another one!

Exactly this. ^

No, I am unsubbing after my 3 months runs out. I will, however, return to the game if and when the following are added:

1) More community aspects

2) More guild functionality - guild levels, guild banks, guild items/equip, guild social items, guild house/ship/base, guild quests, guild PVP. That a AAA MMO was launched in 2012 with guilds being only another chat box is flat out embarassing. Bioware seriously screwed the pooch on this one. They should've hired one Guild designer 7 years ago and let him or her run with it.

3) Real Space Combat

When these are in, I will return.

Other things I would like to see at a high level include improved crafting with far more rare schematics and fixed PVP, particularly dynamic worlds with meaningful conquest, perhaps a world where you only get one life per day to prevent zerging, more PVP warzone options (and the option to disable certain warzones).

this kinda sums it up for me perfectly

Love this.

Anyway, no, I won't be continuing. Too much stuttering and lag for me on my HIGH END system. Trying to play through such a stuttering mess with the already limited time I do have is discouraging. My gaming time is precious to me, and so I'll go elsewhere, probably back to that game I shan't name.

Edited by undeniablyjeff

No way in hell.

Will be taking my $_$ and going to TERA and await Archage, while seeing how Blade and Soul and Diablo3 in the meantime. All of those games will destroy SWTOR.

Why?

This game was a joke from the beginning. It had all of us sucked into the story-line because of the VO work (which we can all admit is good, albeit unnecessary). Eventually, VO took it's toll on us all and "spacebarring" became an mmo meme overnight ..

Level Cap, and Life after 50

LoL. I mean, I want to cry, but instead I'll just laugh. First off, I didn't play WoW. That was intentional ... I stuck around in Lineage 2 and made fun of everyone that left to play wow, only to return to L2 a few months later. WoW was a joke to us (and still is to me, although it seems many more have hopped on this train).

Level Cap. Phuck level caps. Granted, I may be used to a bit of a Korean grind .. but how can you possibly think that a "grind" is worse than maxing out and then repeating the same boring dribble over and over and over again. Dungeons, rinsed and repeated in a Hard Mode variety. Raids/Operations (which I will admit, are the best part in this game) are so stupidly buggy, and I won't even get into how retarded I think "enrage timers are. The answer? Almost as retarded as a pvp-specific stat, Expertise. Games need high-level content so that players always have something to work up to. Working up to doing the same ol' boss in the same ol' operation, just in nightmare mode (omgooses!) ... is Lame.

Get to 50, and then realize that your [in-game] life sucks. First, you're told that you can't keep your orange gear you've been saving. Then, you hop into the endless dailies that never end ... 360 daily commendations for your rakata ear/implants ... while getting 400 synthweaving for Belt/Bracers (and you have to crit, otherwise Orange is BiS) ... and then onto biochem so you can keep up with everyone else who's got them. "BoE" and "BoP" ... what a stupid and revealing thing to put into an MMO - that devs have no clue of a better way to handle gear.

GTN is a joke. Warzones are all lame and boring after a weeks play. Go to ilum on a 5m bike ride every day for half an hour for your armaments, and work your way up to valor 60 so you can keep up with all of the 24/7'ers who are already there (in the meantime, get pawnd by expertise). Factions are stupid (I can't light up morons on our own side and leave them crying in the snow). Crew-skills and companions are a bit innovative, but end up being more annoying than anything and just another dreary task to keep up with. Starfox mode in space is ... not as fun as starfox. Not to mention space commendations are absolutely worthless.

Much more could be said, but others will do a fine enough job in that respect...

TL;DR - Game is a rollercoaster POS in a themepark, and ran out of track. f2p before the year is up if they don't add sandbox elements - i'm off to tera/aa/d3/gw2 - payce.

Depends, I told my guildmates I'd give this game to the summer to make my final verdict. What I must see improve/fix/implement/revamp:

- Ilum in its current state is a complete joke; it easily the biggest showing of how inexperience Bioware is at making MMOs. Currently kill trading isn't a violate of TOS (lolwut?), the fight is massively one sided (I play Imp so I'm on the winning side 99% of the time). And even if people weren't fight-clubbing, is collecting boxes and killing random groups of opposing players in the same area over and over again fun to anyone? What makes world PvP enjoyable is the dynamic battlefield (its never in the same place) and the unpredictability in the skirmishes. We have neither with Ilum.

- Ability delay, still a massive problem no doubt to using the HERO engine.

- Bugged raids, were 2 months post beta and the final encounter still has more bugs than an entire tier would in WoW.

- Meaningless PvP grind. Right now its just an experience bar with a different name. There needs to be a system that rewards for skill, not time commitment.

- Combat logs, why we don't have this EXTREMELY BASIC feature is mind-boggling. If the devs are concerned it will upset casual players go see how the debate played out in Rift, it will no doubt be the same here.

- Transient balancing. Surge gets nerfed and we are left with no way to min/max. What are the point of mods if we can't min/max or use gear we find desirable on a vanity level?

- Space combat, extremely boring, no PvP or meaningful PvE.

- 90% of planets are useless after reaching 50. Give incentives to get the hell off the fleet.

Very well said, i do love hutball tho. :) Hutbal = fee, no way. will come back later, 6 month's

No way in hell.

Will be taking my $_$ and going to TERA and await Archage, while seeing how Blade and Soul and Diablo3 in the meantime. All of those games will destroy SWTOR.

Whatever you are taking...cut the Dose. :rolleyes:

TERA is already a huge disapoinment in Korea and Arachage & Blade & Soul will be poular in Korea but do about as well as Aion in the west.

But judging from your post I am baffled why you even tried SWTOR; you obviously are a devotee of the Korean Grinder.

Edited by Jett-Rinn