Strong "Silver" Enemies are Getting Rediculous.

ElFlamaBlanca

Look I am all for difficult games, but these mob types are just annoying, they do more damage than elites half the time. I spend majority of my time spam healing my companion because if he dies I am going to get 5 shotted by this stupid mob type.

Maybe I just suck, maybe my class is just underpowered. Honestly I don't care either way, I don't know about you guys but I don't want to spend two hours destroying four rebel supply boxes for some weak reward.

Difficult should stay in flashpoints and operations and even class quests, but the stupidly boring normal quests should not take a thought out strategic plan to accomplish.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Strong/Elites are just re-effing-donkulous.

Example: My Knight had just turned 49. I was being forced to kill a 48 Elite (gold) enemy to progress my class story. I had PURPLE 22 (lvl 49) hilts and Blue 20-21 armor mods for me and my companion.

He would 3-shot my companion and end up kicking me in the face.

I literally nearly rage-unsub'd.

Since I never had THAT bad of a problem after that, I can only assume that enemy's individual difficulty was completely jacked up. I'm sure the same thing happens with other Strong/Elites in the world.

They just take longer to kill; their health pool is considerable. I'm not sure why having to use CC is a bad thing. I hate keeping my companion updated because it's costs enough just keeping myself geared so I rely on quests to provide it for her. Haven't had a problem...

They just take longer to kill; their health pool is considerable. I'm not sure why having to use CC is a bad thing. I hate keeping my companion updated because it's costs enough just keeping myself geared so I rely on quests to provide it for her. Haven't had a problem...

Problem is, at least with Jedi Sage's cc, you crowd control them, they heal up. Yes, it gives you time to heal yourself up, but they're back to full by the time you've healed yourself and/or your companion up.

Never had a problem as a juggernaut. The game just gave me so many tools to deal with them. Backhand + pommel strike, instant force choke, and the free 1-2k damage from the kick. That and my gear was always updated through mods from quests and bonus series.

Problem is, at least with Jedi Sage's cc, you crowd control them, they heal up. Yes, it gives you time to heal yourself up, but they're back to full by the time you've healed yourself and/or your companion up.

I haven't played a Sage..you don't have something to stun 'em for a few seconds while you pop a heal/consumable or something? If so, that's lame.

The last one in the next-to-last Trooper story phase on Ord Mantell was so brutal. Don't know about past 40, but in 35 (er, 25+10 pre AC) levels as a marauder, I have not had a fight as difficult as that. Edited by plusieurs

The last one in the next-to-last Trooper story phase on Ord Mantell was so brutal. Don't know about past 40, but in 35 (er, 25+10 pre AC) levels as a marauder, I have not had a fight as difficult as that.

lol yea I remember that quest, without medpacks and luck not quite sure how BW excepts companionless players to do that.

lol yea I remember that quest, without medpacks and luck not quite sure how BW excepts companionless players to do that.

I had a friend level a smuggler. the two of us + Corso made it look easy. It should not have had to come to that.

When i did my last Q's on Ilum (49-50) I raged hard since the silver/strong enemies could se me in stealth, before i could CC him etc.

also there was silvers on patrols all over the area so i had to back out of almost every fight...:(

Some Strong/Elites are just re-effing-donkulous.

Example: My Knight had just turned 49. I was being forced to kill a 48 Elite (gold) enemy to progress my class story. I had PURPLE 22 (lvl 49) hilts and Blue 20-21 armor mods for me and my companion.

He would 3-shot my companion and end up kicking me in the face.

I literally nearly rage-unsub'd.

Since I never had THAT bad of a problem after that, I can only assume that enemy's individual difficulty was completely jacked up. I'm sure the same thing happens with other Strong/Elites in the world.

I assume this is slighty exaggerated.... but from my personal experience i've noticed that mobs that do massive damage like this and quarter shot you / your pet have a really long castable that hits very hard, and should be interupted.

Furthermore, I believe this is intentional so that it actually makes you use the tools available to you in PvE to survive, rather than just using stuns / interupts for pvp because you can steamroll through mobs like a hot knife through butter.

I lvled as a healing Commando and played with Vik (my melee tank) from the moment i got him. While Forex is a very cool char, getting gear for a droid was to much for me.

Being a healer all the way, sometimes I still had to go ape-**** on the heals to keep Vik up. Voss comes to mind, where there are a couple of fights where you need to take on two or three silvers a time. CC´ing doesnt always work, because the companion AI doesnt take it into account with skill usage. I usually end up dying due to burst damage. Mind you, I solo´d champions on the same planet, without Vik, just by healing myself and chipping away. Silvers do so frikkin much burst its unfair.

Besides that, interrupting is nice and all, if you can... The Commando doesnt have a dedicated interrupt and has to use either my 30sec cd knockback or my 1min cd stun. This I find kinda fail.

I solo Champions, groups of Elites...the silvers are lolable.

That being said, i play a Mercenary and find that it is vastly easier to do this on that toon than it is on a Sith Warrior for instance. I think you will find that some classes solo vastly better than others. My Bounty Hunter for instance has solo'd every heroic up to lvl 27. Granted i have been above the level requirement for the 4 man ones, but still relatively close. my sith warrior has had it handed to him when i have tried.

I agree. I leveled as Immortal spec Juggernaut and when there was two of these I had a very difficult time. If I used DPS companion I would melt and if I used healer I wouldn't be able to kill them before I died. I considered myself reasonable up to par with gear on both myself and my companion blues all over but I still had a very hard time and used a fortune on repairs because I got facerolled all the time.

My solution was to grind warzones to level up to +2 at least and it went better. That or getting help.

As a Marauder I've been fine with the mob difficulty leveling up, no complaints, but now I've run into the wall that's the last parts of the class story line. Now I just feel weak and useless.. no fun at all :rolleyes: Edited by Lundli