Dungeon Finder System Eventually

they will put a dungeon/flashpoint group finder tool in at some point. Although i personally can see both sides of the argument regarding this, a lfg tool is very popular in other mmo;s and is used extensively by the vast majority of players.

Some people will say well to compromise then let it be only sewrver based rather than cross-realm. Bioware might well do this to start with, but i bet within a few months it will go cross server when people realise that queue times shard only, are well over an hour or even rarely pop a run due to grouping issues.

source: witnessing the same argument and same issues in Rift during the implementation of flg tool.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the dungeon finder. It's not like those who like to explore can no longer do so. However, for those who like to get in the instance quickly and not "waste" time running to it.... to each his own. Why force everyone to run to the instance just because some of us prefer to do so?

cross server lfg is intented to match up low pop server with high pop server so the q time for dungeon and the ratio of tank+haler in a group is spread out evenly.

IE:lfm 1 tank for w/e in a low pop server does sucks.

So as long as all the servers are equally full to some extent, there is no need for a cross server. especially with 4 person team and abundant of tank spec classes that can switch spec on the go.

for me? no dungeon finder right now, coming from wow i remembered how funny was as a horde when you had to travel to the deadmines, viceversa as a ally the ragefire chasm :o dungeon finder may be nice but not now i want to explore the world, not press spacebar until the queue popup

for me? no dungeon finder right now, coming from wow i remembered how funny was as a horde when you had to travel to the deadmines, viceversa as a ally the ragefire chasm :o dungeon finder may be nice but not now i want to explore the world, not press spacebar until the queue popup

And you can do so, but should everyone be forced to?

Substantial discussion here.

In my opinion an LFG / LFD system might be ok as long as it does not include cross realm.

Now as mentioned earlier, people need to travel to the dungeons by themselves. The reason behind that statement is "consequences" and the result if there is none.

Being insta ported to dungeons and insta ported back is too easy and the consequence is that people don't make efforts if things don't go "as easy as pie" since there's actually little to no consequences in making an effort. This explains why people felt like leaving just like that with no explanations in other MMO's. Travelling to dungeon and back requires effort so people will really give it a shot instead of surrendering at the first problem as going back to questing and then back again to Flashpoint non stop will not make sense and will not be efficient.

Best,

Mind

vurgnoche and the rest of the players who said no dungeon finders are right you want that aspect go play wow. Seriously this is aint wow and if SWTOR follows in wows footsteps it will lose subs. Alot of us are giving SWTOR a chance because it isnt wow and its story driven.Wow is everyone gets a ribbon for nothing approach. Stop crying and wanting it easy you get companions seriously ppl use the damn companions.

this is stupid. all you casual gamers who want everything easy are already *********** this game up. if you want WoW go back to WoW. dont bring that **** over here.

your argument is invalid, you post no argument, and showcase the horrible community wow is renowned for in 2 sentences, while showing that you are either one of the really rare elitist *****s, or not even close to the hard core you pass yourself off as.

have you noticed that allmost everyone defending a lfg tool in this thread has been friendly and tried to have a proper debate on how it could be done best, while posting valid arguments fighting their case?

vurgnoche and the rest of the players who said no dungeon finders are right you want that aspect go play wow. Seriously this is aint wow and if SWTOR follows in wows footsteps it will lose subs. Alot of us are giving SWTOR a chance because it isnt wow and its story driven.Wow is everyone gets a ribbon for nothing approach. Stop crying and wanting it easy you get companions seriously ppl use the damn companions.

^Summation: My objective opinion is more valid than your objective opinion :o

News flash: This is a game. I personally don't want to be immersed, I just want to play a game and have some fun. Waiting 30 minutes then traveling for 15 minutes is not fun, it's tedium. If there is a LFG tool and you don't like it you don't have to use it.

I have limited playtime(read job and wife) and I want to spend my time playing instead of preparing to play.

Edited to not offend the OP

Edited by TenebriousDeep

Those of us with limited playtime(read jobs and wives/gfs) want to spend our time playing instead of preparing to play.

As the Original Poster, I would like to point out that I am married and have 2 children. One is 3 years old, the other is 1 year old. Just because I am married and have children does not mean that I want to log on and be able to instant queue for a cross-realm dungeon, only to get people who do not socialize, ninja, or are rude.

For those posting, please post your own personal feelings, not the assumed opinions or feelings of others.

Thanks.

this is stupid. all you casual gamers who want everything easy are already *********** this game up. if you want WoW go back to WoW. dont bring that **** over here.

It's just as "easy" to walk so that's a stupid assumption, for most it's an issue of time. If someone has one hour to play, they don't want to spent 15 minutes yelling in chat and 45 minutes of it walking across a landscape they have walked across a hundred times before.

Edited by Bad-Mojo

As the Original Poster, I would like to point out that I am married and have 2 children. One is 3 years old, the other is 1 year old. Just because I am married and have children does not mean that I want to log on and be able to instant queue for a cross-realm dungeon, only to get people who do not socialize, ninja, or are rude.

For those posting, please post your own personal feelings, not the assumed opinions or feelings of others.

Thanks.

Sounds to me like your problem with a LFG tool has nothing to do with the LFG tool and everything to do with jerks on the Internet. I will agree that cross-server groups can diminish the server community but I think they should still be a last resort option to prevent extreme (15+ minute) queues for end-game flashpoints.

Sure, it does involve that. It also involves, like you said diminishing the community, because when you group up with a random person and someone you won't meet again, they are less likely to be nice, and more likely to be rude because they will never see you again.

Many times they are less patient, after they die one time, they leave. This has been my personal experience. The mentality is to get in, get the loot, and get out. If anyone slows them down, leave and re queue.

If you are with people that you found on your server, they are more likely to chat, be nice, and stick through a few deaths because there is server pride, community recognition, and they know that it's just as simple to go to the nearest city chat and blast their name if they are rude.

If you get into a LFD group with a rude player, then you go to their server and blast their name, it does no good and only makes you look like an idiot. That's why cross server LFD systems do not work. They promote bad behavior and take away from server communities.

Did you seriously tell people they don't need groups to do flashpoints and operations because they have companions?

Have you even played this game?

In the comparison to WoW I think that the LFG finder thing ruined the game in a sense.... Cant believe how many people couldn't even find their way from a graveyard to the instance entrance 20 seconds away...... I hope that they don't implament anything like this in TOR.

In the comparison to WoW I think that the LFG finder thing ruined the game in a sense.... Cant believe how many people couldn't even find their way from a graveyard to the instance entrance 20 seconds away...... I hope that they don't implament anything like this in TOR.

Have you even found where all the instances are in SWTOR yet? I bet you haven't, or you wouldn't be worried about that.

I would support an LFG tool as long as it is server only. My experience was that a cross-server dungeon finder made people care less since there wasn't a consequence if someone wasn't nice in a party. When people played only with people on the same server the word 'reputation' had a meaning. With a cross-server LFG tool it's just "who cares if I leave/ninja I'll never gonna meet those people again anyway".

Before the cross-server LFG system I tended to know a lot of people on my server because I grouped with people on my server. When the cross-server LFG tool hit I got surrounded by strangers with whom I was never able to meet again even if I wanted to since there wasn't a way to /friend them even if they were nice.

Not using the LFG tool was not really an option since most people used it around me. We mostly sticked to guild runs with my guildies as PuGging was most of the time horrible via the Dungeon Finder.

I do not wish to argue over this, these are just my two cents.

THIS. Big time.

Building a server community is what Bioware should look at doing...not just having a bunch of faceless players you don't know come together to fight and loot stuff. The only way is by getting people on the same server to group together...making friends and facilitating that functionality.

the day they will add LFD it will be the day zero..after this day begin the countdown until the explosion and community is dead...I played 6+ years wow. Back then I had a full friend list and also a notepad in my desk to add more names as the friend list was full...I knew everyone in my server from both sides..every player had its own reputation. even now I can sit down and write 100 character names I remember from my first vanilla server...

after a while, the moment I was logged in, I had plenty of whispers from people to go and do some activities, either dungeons or pvp or group quests, e.t.c. And everytime I was needed something I just opened my friend list and start to ask people I knew...If you were a good guy (a nice person not necessary a good player) you always found something to do with group of people...

I understand that for some people it was a nightmare and LFG tool came to their relief. They try to tell that there wasn't any community back there and that the game was awful and they were waiting hours to form a group, but I know why they feel that way and they know too..they just don't want to admit it.

Now I don't even remember a name of my last group in lfg. People have became like npc standing next to you and barely say something at all...character names have been replaced by numbers (6700 gs, 30k dps, 380ilvl, e.t.c.)

I have quited wow and have a lot of hope for swtor, please don't leave it to destroy. I clearly understand that as-holes also pay the monthly subscription and they need a tool to survive through the randomness and anonymity, but if you love the game you created just try to avoid it..A server Based only lfg maybe it would work, but even then I like it to be after a long long time.

the day they will add LFD it will be the day zero..after this day begin the countdown until the explosion and community is dead...I played 6+ years wow. Back then I had a full friend list and also a notepad in my desk to add more names as the friend list was full...I knew everyone in my server from both sides..every player had its own reputation. even now I can sit down and write 100 character names I remember from my first vanilla server...

after a while, the moment I was logged in, I had plenty of whispers from people to go and do some activities, either dungeons or pvp or group quests, e.t.c. And everytime I was needed something I just opened my friend list and start to ask people I knew...If you were a good guy (a nice person not necessary a good player) you always found something to do with group of people...

I understand that for some people it was a nightmare and LFG tool came to their relief. They try to tell that there wasn't any community back there and that the game was awful and they were waiting hours to form a group, but I know why they feel that way and they know too..they just don't want to admit it.

Now I don't even remember a name of my last group in lfg. People have became like npc standing next to you and barely say something at all...character names have been replaced by numbers (6700 gs, 30k dps, 380ilvl, e.t.c.)

I have quited wow and have a lot of hope for swtor, please don't leave it to destroy. I clearly understand that as-holes also pay the monthly subscription and they need a tool to survive through the randomness and anonymity, but if you love the game you created just try to avoid it..A server Based only lfg maybe it would work, but even then I like it to be after a long long time.

So if other people have trouble finding a group, it's because they're bad people, but if you have trouble finding a group it's because the game is bad. Nice double standard you got going there.

Your story is fishy from the start anyway. You say you knew everyone on both sides and their reputations. Studies show the human brain can't keep the details of more than about 150 people straight, but you claim to have done it with 10,000...

Riiiiight. Sure you did.

Edited by Caelrie

So if other people have trouble finding a group, it's because they're bad people, but if you have trouble finding a group it's because the game is bad. Nice double standard you got going there.

Your story is fishy from the start anyway. You say you knew everyone on both sides and their reputations. Studies show the human brain can't keep the details of more than about 150 people straight, but you claim to have done it with 10,000...

Riiiiight. Sure you did.

where exactly did I said that if I cannot find a group the game is bad??really..and of course when I say I knew them all, I mean I knew a lot!of course I cannot know 10000 people..thats obvious!what you prove about this?did you really expected to write an actual number so to ask the scientists if I can know so many people or not?

or did I ever said that I had all of them in my brain??I said I had a full Friend list and a notepad in my desk to keep names of people!did you ever read the post?

Edited by Ampalaea