21/2/18 - Carolina Parakeet

chainsawsamurai

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.. can anyone explain the rotation or priority of abilities? I'm switching to this build from a 31 point AP build and I'm having a lot of trouble with heat management.

use vent heat offensively and be aware of when your rail shots are free. you might have to rapid shot a bit more than youre used to.

Edited by Umpire

I am looking at switching to a version of this build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RMGrd0doZ0MZfhbbdh.1

However I had questions. Currently I am the off-tank for my guild, and thanks to the current setup of Ops, there really isn't a need for an off-tank. I don't want to go full on DPS because I still want to be able to run HM FP's. I think the listed build will work fairly well for off-tanking while still allow me to DPS (with a cylinder change obviously). I am wondering how many people who run a 21/2/18 also use it to be a tank in HM's.

if we ever get a player ambassador to represent a class, i'll be the first to nominate chainsawsamurai for PTs. MMO forums in general are full of people claiming l33tness for their build but can only back it up by flaming those who question it. it is refreshing to have someone who knows both their own class and other classes well enough to present logical arguments (especially in the current state where we can't present numerical/statistical analysis because we can't gather the raw data this requires)

hats off to you, sir

Edited by signoredems

I am looking at switching to a version of this build http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RMGrd0doZ0MZfhbbdh.1

However I had questions. Currently I am the off-tank for my guild, and thanks to the current setup of Ops, there really isn't a need for an off-tank. I don't want to go full on DPS because I still want to be able to run HM FP's. I think the listed build will work fairly well for off-tanking while still allow me to DPS (with a cylinder change obviously). I am wondering how many people who run a 21/2/18 also use it to be a tank in HM's.

i have absolutely no problem running HM fps in this pvp spec, i only respec for ops.

Edited by Umpire

i have absolutely no problem running HM fps in this pvp spec, i only respec for ops.

So I should be okay then, good to know. The version I linked should be a decent tank/offtank/pve dps set.

Which gear set are people using for this, Eliminator or Combat Tech?

my eventual plan is to run the supercommando set (4pc is you do 5% more damage when gaurding someone) with the surge DPS mods/enhancements. that'll take a minute so for now i'm just rocking supercommando gear and loving my 20k health pool.

edit: for pve use the supercommando if you're tanking anything.

Edited by Umpire

my eventual plan is to run the supercommando set (4pc is you do 5% more damage when gaurding someone) with the surge DPS mods/enhancements. that'll take a minute so for now i'm just rocking supercommando gear and loving my 20k health pool.

edit: for pve use the supercommando if you're tanking anything.

I have a 4pc Supercommando already, which I would obviously use for tanking, but I was wondering more on the DPS side. The main reason I am even respecing is because we need 1 less real tank and need the DPS on HM and Nightmare Ops (I was off-tank)

If anyone read what I posted a second ago. Please void because I am stupid. On a side note, has everyone switched over to IF or are there still people out there who enjoy CP over the IF build? Edited by manpepper

it really depends if you want to be a more defensive tank or a more offensive tank. ive personally never tested the 2 piece combat tech bonus. but from what everyone says it is actually bugged and screws our carbonize cc.

if the 2 piece wasn't bugged id probably be using the ironfist spec. because it is bugged, im using the cp spec and my goal is to get the 4 piece eliminator set.

but basically what you're looking at is the following:

ironfist gives:

4% increased damage reduction

melee dot

quicker interrupt cooldown

harder hitting rocket punch

and grapple on a shorter cooldown

cp gives:

more rail shot damage via the rocket punch / flame burst procs

harder hitting rail shots

better heat management

arguable a better dot (it's ranged and lasts longer)

3% more endurance (even though minor in the grand scheme of things)

when you factor in that you'll likely get more rail shot procs than rocket punch procs cp ends up being more damage than ironfist in the long run. however, ironfist does have better survivability and other utility.

Just had some questions regarding this spec. I read the whole thread but need some clarification.

-Is eliminator set the best pvp set?

-Do I want to use a generator or shield for pvp?

-when running HM and ops is this a viable dps spec? Or should I respec pyro for dps?

-what is the best pve set for dps?

-is supercommando the set to use for tanking?

Thanks

I'm a little confused on what's the best way to get periodic damage on the target so I can Rail Shot them

I know Incendiary Missile and Rocket Punch(via Ion Overload) apply periodic damage, but when I tested the build at 48 I would hear the Prototype Particle Accelerator proc but RS was not usable sometimes.

was I doing something wrong?

Just had some questions regarding this spec. I read the whole thread but need some clarification.

-when running HM and ops is this a viable dps spec? Or should I respec pyro for dps?

Thanks

I play this build in dps stance (I believe most people play it in Ion cannister, but I think they're silly and eventually the rest of the community will catch up to how awesome this spec is in combustable) so I can only answer those questions with regards to how I play but:

Yes, I use eliminator for the set bonus and I buy medic pieces with the extra gear tokens for crit/surge mods to put into the eliminator pieces.

Yes use a shield generator

This spec is viable for dps, but I would definitely recommend pyro. Without a damage meter it's harder to say.

-- No idea :(

-- No idea, but i think so

Thanks

This is viable for DPS yes. It is a great spec imo for OP's if you are the off tank. When I am dpsing I use the combustible shell, when I need to off tank I switch shells.

Yes Supercommando is the tanking set.

With the recent change in acquiring gear I might have to pick up the supercommando set and try this spec out.

I've been switching between 31 AP and 31 Pyro, bored of pyro so switch to AP for some different graphical hits but generally its so sub par its hard to stay there. I can pick up the shield and other gear pretty swiftly with the new increase of commendations in the bags.

Cool, was running a similar spec on my mercenary, at least the "pyro" side (and going up their heal tree). This works so much better as a Vanguard though. Ion cell seems downright overpowered! DOT, snare AND damage reduction, Guard, +60% armor?! YES PLEASE! Edited by salamanderx