Bioware, why are you buffing the most OP class in next patch?

xhaiquan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell?

Buffing the most op class????

Assassin

Dark Charge: Healing received through Dark Charge has been increased, scales properly at higher levels, and can only be triggered once every 4.5 seconds.

Overcharge Saber: Now allows Dark Charge to trigger once every 3 seconds.

Wither: Damage has been increased by 15% and it now slows the movement speed of all affected targets.

insane!

You are an idiot if you are seriously calling Assassins op. Assassins are NOT op, at all. You crybabies already had the sorc nerfed before the game even got launched, stop crying and learn to play, seriously. Nerfing is never the answer. Class balancing when needed, but never nerfing.

You do know that the 23/0/18 spec uses dark charge most of the time aswell right? that spec is more than capable of putting out massive damage, couple that even semi viable self healing and you could have yourself a very formidable foe.

Unless you're solely talking about wither. In which case you're correct, but thats not the best part about these fixes.

massive dmg?

sin dmg is quite low compared to other classes... half tank with death field is nice, but its hardly op... look at the dmg hunters/troop do (in heavy armor), or the burst of operative/smugglers... compared to that a 23/0/18 does quite poor dmg

also the OP was complaining about whiter too that have nothing to do with an hybrid build

Edited by Zilod

massive dmg?

sin dmg is quite low compared to other classes... half tank with death field is nice, but its hardly op... look at the dmg hunters/troop do (in heavy armor), or the burst of operative/smugglers... compared to that a 23/0/18 does quite poor dmg

also the OP was complaining about whiter too that have nothing to do with an hybrid build

I was talking about "half tank" with death field first of all. Thats typically what people mean when they say 23/0/18.

Secondly, I never claimed it was OP, EVER! I'm not 12. I don't even claim other classes are "OP."

Third, it can put out massive overall damage if used properly, especially when said Sin has a pocket healer paying even 1/3 of their attention to it. Numbers don't lie. I don't know how you can even begin to think a spec that relies heavily on AoE damage is not capable of doing good damage. Couple that with the fact that the spec can pick and choose it's encounters basically at it's own descretion and the overwhelming majority of the SWTOR community doesn't view Sins as a high priority PvP target and voila. Massive damage!

Fourthly, I never once tried to compare it's burst to an operative or smuggler because you can't. Apples and oranges. As a matter of fact, when discussing the specs damage capabilities I never once mentioned burst at all.

Lastly, I acknowledged the wither buff and said it had nothing to do with my post. L2Comprehend?

I'm not going to try anymore to convince you of things I know for a fact yet you refuse to acknowledge.

Edited by Cowflab

any class that can stealth and 1-hit kill is op

I'd like to know which assassin your talking about and from which game...

Im totally assuming your playing assassins creed now

Fail exaggeration is fail

Ill bet you play an operative

Does anyone want some coffee? Its got a real good taste, from columbia. Personally I'm having one right now while reading this piece of OP crap.

No thanks man im too busy pwning people with this OP class called Sith Assassins. They should rename em Sith Civilian and just give em a camera since they have such uber DPS!

/wrist

No thanks man im too busy pwning people with this OP class called Sith Assassins. They should rename em Sith Civilian and just give em a camera since they have such uber DPS!

/wrist

Now thats some good sarcasm there.

+1 awwww yeaahhhh

What the hell?

Assassin

Dark Charge: Healing received through Dark Charge has been increased, scales properly at higher levels, and can only be triggered once every 4.5 seconds.

Wither: Damage has been increased by 15% and it now slows the movement speed of all affected targets.

insane!

Go back to wow and troll along with the others there. Bye bye.

So true, yesterday i used my maul on a republic trooper, didnt even have to debuff him or anything and BAM,..down went his 900 hit points!

Sure i'm a lvl 36 in a lvl 15 area, but that NPC never knew what hit him! hah!

You would think when I mind trapped his buddy and he started writhing around in pain holding his head that the trooper would start to look around for the reason why his coworkers got a migraine all of the sudden, huh?

You would think when I mind trapped his buddy and he started writhing around in pain holding his head that the trooper would start to look around for the reason why his coworkers got a migraine all of the sudden, huh?

Yea but you can't expect republics to be very smart, if they were smart they would have chosen to become Sith Inquisitor Assassins aswell because we are so OP.

They're just OP in huttball. Thats about it. Once they come out with more warzones instead of huttball then they'll suddenly not be quite so overpowered.

Huttball is by far the worst designed of all warzones that pretty much whatever team has more knockbacks wins.

I don't think it's more knockback wins. The games that we have been destroyed in and we've had no hope of winning have been playing against classes with force leap. They just leap to enemies and it doesn't matter how much you knock back, their leap is way to far and the CD for a leap is way too short (i think it was 5 or 10 seconds?!?)

Anyway, the forceleap definitely makes HB feel 'broken' but I'm not going to QQ that they change it, just adapt and realize that you can't camp the endzone when there are leapers on the other team.

What the hell?

Assassin

insane!

I believe those are all tanking skills. It further proves you have no clue what you are talking about. The Dark Charge heal was complete crap in beta, it didn't do anything. I think it was proc'ing for like 12 health at 20. I haven't played it since, but honestly, those changes look like they need to happen.

any class that can stealth and 1-hit kill is op

Assasination means killing an important person with a unexpected hit.We are called assasin so we should be able to stealth and one hit rest of the classes but we cant.Therefore we are underpowered. :D