Shut that droid up!

celldoom

Ive wanted to destroy that droid since the moment i got it, and the voice jesus.

Recently made an republic alt, i didn't think it was possible but that droid is even MORE annoying than the imperial one...

And this is what i will do should they make a gungan :rolleyes:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DXNWY2dX7Wo/TFjf9JJVg5I/AAAAAAAADS0/sD3NQd_BbiI/s1600/Jar+Jar's+head.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have none of you ever seen the Star Wars movies? C3P0 is all about being annoying yet, invaluable in diplomacy situations and helping with the little things that most don't think about. That's what protocol droids do.

They threw in the C2N2 model in the spirit of the movies.

Yes, it's annoying at times but, C2N2 should not be removed. I think you trolls need to stop trying to rewrite the stories and leave the programming and game mechanics to the paid professionals.

I also find C2-N2 annoying, but, at the same time, I have to agree with Sgt_Sapper that he should not be removed or muted. C2-N2 contributes to the Star Wars feel of the game. Remember how irritated Han Solo always was at C-3PO ("Shut him up or shut him down!")? Now you know how he felt! :)

That being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to move C2-N2 a bit out of the way, so we don't have to hear him EVERY SINGLE TIME we board our ship.

I actually find him hilarious on the ship, and think he's just fine there. The thing that makes me want to disassemble him is his commentary when assigning him crew skills. Especially if it's a new crew skill and he's speaking at the start and finish of those 3-minute assignments.

I like the option of turning off voice responses by companions in totality. Hearing Theran comment EVERY FRIGGEN MISSILE FIRE in my Space combat missions, makes him almost as bad as my failed protocol droid.

On a similar note, C3PO had a + to diplomacy. C2, and whatever the equivalent for Imps have, has nothing! Useless bucket of bolts is useless!

My idea for this (forgive me if it's already been suggested) is that Bioware provide a utility that is able to record & alter our voices to sound like droids, & upload these to a central server where they are approved & made available for download into a custom SWTOR folder. This folder would contain custom droid greetings. We can then record & download others' greetings, & hear the droid say these. This will allow for a larger number of funny greetings, that will prevent us from becoming annoyed. Also we could create our own & bypass the Bioware utility, to allow for more "adult" greetings.

My idea for this (forgive me if it's already been suggested) is that Bioware provide a utility that is able to record & alter our voices to sound like droids, & upload these to a central server where they are approved & made available for download into a custom SWTOR folder. This folder would contain custom droid greetings. We can then record & download others' greetings, & hear the droid say these. This will allow for a larger number of funny greetings, that will prevent us from becoming annoyed. Also we could create our own & bypass the Bioware utility, to allow for more "adult" greetings.

"adult", with quotations and all, just gave a whole different meaning to this.

Okay, who's ready to pay $3 for a Sultry Droid Mod? :)

I actually find him hilarious on the ship, and think he's just fine there. The thing that makes me want to disassemble him is his commentary when assigning him crew skills. Especially if it's a new crew skill and he's speaking at the start and finish of those 3-minute assignments.

I haven't yet asked him perform any crew skills for me, so I haven't yet been affected by that particular annoyance.

All the other companions I've sent on crew missions say something at the time they're dispatched and then again at the time they return. Why do you find what C2-N2 says at these times more annoying than what any of the other companions say? Is it just his whiny voice?

Muting all of the companions would be nice. My 5 year old son started playing a smuggler and I got him set up with Corso. Two days later, he's running around the house repeating, "Now your dumb, ugly and dead!"

Mom was not pleased.

heres a thought to all you negative nancys out there on how annoying the droids voice is....

Are you going to pay for the voice talents time after BW removes him from the game?

hes part of the story BW put him there for a reason get over it....CTRL+S FTMFW stop crying.

I also find C2-N2 annoying, but, at the same time, I have to agree with Sgt_Sapper that he should not be removed or muted. C2-N2 contributes to the Star Wars feel of the game. Remember how irritated Han Solo always was at C-3PO ("Shut him up or shut him down!")? Now you know how he felt! :)

That being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to move C2-N2 a bit out of the way, so we don't have to hear him EVERY SINGLE TIME we board our ship.

But in the movies they actually could shut C-3PO up!!!! I want the option to shock him please, just a little bit, no permanent damage i swear /crossesfingers.

How does everybody not love the droid? He's a great caricature, an exploration, in a tongue-in-cheek manner, of ... forgive the quote, "human-cyborg relations." How ELSE would you have him? He provides great humor, irony, and a sense of perspective in a very RP non-immersion-crushing way. I just wish he had more phrases to say, that's the only thing I'd change about him.

"But, yeah, we need a way into our ship that bypasses his constant speeches. Put him somewhere less travelled, or give us "Customization" option for him like the rest of the companions get, only let us change his personality.

"Declaration: The ship is operating normally, meatbag." "

That would be awesome :D

Edited by dark-jehts

I cleaned the ship from stem to stern in your absence.. you can SMELL the difference.I cleaned the ship from stem to stern in your absence.. you can SMELL the difference.I cleaned the ship from stem to stern in your absence.. you can SMELL the difference.I cleaned the ship from stem to stern in your absence.. you can SMELL the difference. Edited by Aggathor