Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

I've never done the Nadia romance because my consular is female, but I'm often been confused why people don't seem to think someone in their early 20s couldn't be naive or enthusiastically optimistic like Nadia.

It's just the way multiple people called her "girl" and "Little Nadia" and how her father was always "No listen here young lady." And also the contrast with the Consular male voice who sounds like a 50 year old man on benzos. She just replaced one daddy with another. :rak_05:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aric Jorgan - age 30 lol no. He acts way older.

M1-4X - 15 million credits(production cost) Funny

Doc - age 28 again, no way. He seems much older. Maybe it's the Dad Goatee

Kaliyo Djannis - age 29(unconfirmed) She'll be 29 forever

Malavai Quinn - age 37 :(

Talos Drellik - age 27 he sounds 60

Risha - age 21 She's supposed to be younger than Nadia? Are you kidding me?

It's just the way multiple people called her "girl" and "Little Nadia" and how her father was always "No listen here young lady." And also the contrast with the Consular male voice who sounds like a 50 year old man on benzos. She just replaced one daddy with another. :rak_05:

Well, it's not exactly uncommon for older people to refer to younger people like that, even if they are both adults. THis may be especially true for a parent, who presumably has a natural tendency to be overprotective. But yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the male consular voice.

Edited by OldVengeance

Some of these ages are so wrong. Considering the changes since beta, I believe these were the original ones, but some were changed later on.

Talos Drellik is the perfect example. This was his original portrait:

http://files.spieletipps.de/cont_img/f9/db/ec/f9dbec_4f05b7c4dd9f1_ciA2NDIDZmJfMDdkZg==.png

He is so much younger here, so 27 would be appropriate in this case. I wish they kept this version of him. :(

Quinn - 37 seems too much, but he is definitely over 30.

Pierce - 29 is too young, he's probably at least 35.

Gault - 54 :eek: I don't know how long Devaronians live, but this seems way too much.

Mako, Risha, Tharan - too young

I've never done the Nadia romance because my consular is female, but I'm often been confused why people don't seem to think someone in their early 20s couldn't be naive or enthusiastically optimistic like Nadia.

They certainly can be. That aside I don't see what the fuss is about when it comes to age. If said toon is 18, said toon is an adult no matter how naive or silly they may seem. And Nadia isn't even 18 but 22 so why all the fuss?

That said, I could never get into Torian and how my BH talks to him as if he's a kid. But then I have a bias against men younger than myself when it comes to Romance and I guess also in fiction.:rak_03:

I found this:

Thanks for posting this! What book is it exactly? I'd like to take look at it.:)

Edited by Eshvara

I remember that now, which is probably why I thought she was so young.

They certainly can be. That aside I don't see what the fuss is about when it comes to age. If said toon is 18, said toon is an adult no matter how naive or silly they may seem. And Nadia isn't even 18 but 22 so why all the fuss?

That said, I could never get into Torian and how my BH talks to him as if he's a kid. But then I have a bias against men younger than myself when it comes to Romance and I guess also in fiction.:rak_03:

Thanks for posting this! What book is it exactly? I'd like to take look at it.:)

It think it is the "Old Republic Encyclopedia". But don´t ask me where you can find the book. I reaaly don´t know

Corso. By the gods, Corso.

My smuggler is only on Tatooine so far, but I have fallen in love with the arc.

He gave me a blaster named "Sparkles."

Need I say more?

Corso IS freaking adorable. I really, really liked him- he was perfect for my smuggler. And if you recruited Bowdaar in KOTFE after romancing Coros, both the Fem!Smuggler and Bowdaar say the cutest things about him.

I have to say, I really don't have a favorite because I ended up completely enjoying all the romances, even Felix Iresso's. I honestly didn't think I'd like Felix's romance, but after going through it a second time (the first time I did it was when the game first came out), I found it surprisingly sweet. He's a really good guy, and understands that his love of the Consular takes second place when it comes to both of their jobs. The first time I went through it, I though the Consular as a character was boring, and Felix didn't interest me much. But now, after really thinking it through, I like them a lot. So I list them because I actually think they're a great, mature couple.

I guess if I HAD to pick a Number 1 favorite of all time, it would be Andronikus and the fem!Quizzie. I play a Gray/Lightsided SI, so sometimes what she does clashes with what Andronikus likes (i.e. approval), but I like how he is around her. He starts off respecting her but not wanting anything serious, to still respecting her but slowly over time wanting more with her until he proposes- which I'm sure given his character, he would never have done before he met the Inquisitor. When he actually brings up the subject of having a family, he doesn't balk away at the notion of having kids with her, which is something I would never have expected before. I think the reason why I really liked this is because the SI never really pushes him to make the relationship more serious- she doesn't ever really 'chase after' him. Most of the time when you see a one-sided relationship like this, the person more invested in the relationship is always trying to prove themselves to the less invested one to get them more interested. But in this case, its when the SI steps back and lets Andronikus have his space and his freedom without pushing, and Andronikus starts to come around all on his own, which I found very refreshing. Note: I'm remembering this from my own playthrough, so I could have missed a few options where the SI comes off as more controlling, but I played her as being pretty calm about the whole thing.

But like I said, I truly ended up liking all the romances for the Fem!Heroes. I think they all play out well, and I thought they were all sweet. Now, I'm not everyone, and I play pretty much all Gray/Lightsided characters, so my experience could be a lot different than others. But I genuinely find myself wanting romantic reunions with all of them. I haven't been able to play through Quinn's yet... I'm saving up to getting a new computer, and all I have right now is a laptop that's only good for surfing the internet and writing, but I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT: I also LOVED Doc, for kind of the same reason why I loved Andronikus. The romance is similar in a lot of ways- they both start out wanting nothing serious, only to completely change their minds and end up wanting marriage and a family, and if you turn down their proposals they seem pretty devastated. The main difference between the two is that the JK can call Doc out on his view of the relationship (if you want her to)- she's breaking a very serious vow to be with him, and questions if it's worth it if he just wants to have fun. But neither of them push the guys into deepening the relationship, the JK just questions the true depth and value of the relationship without deeper emotions. Doc is the one left with the option of choosing where to go next. I really liked that.

Edited by Yermog

It's not really a fuss, just a reason the Nadia romance is not a favorite for some and feels too dark side for someone who might not want to play it that way.

When I imagine the ideal ls Jedi romance, I imagine two knights or masters who meet and fight together and fall in love secretly and passionately. Or maybe they were young padawans together on Tython, struggling with their feelings like the couple in the game. The student /teacher thing is more Sith territory and for that reason, both jedi romances weren't good for my ls or even sort of ds jedi and were a disappointment.

Now that I think about it, to me, all the force class VAs (male and female) sound and act the character as more mature that what you'd assume for a person coming out of training, and even being accelerated through training. Maybe that's why the youthful female companions feel so young, even though on paper they're supposed to be around the same age. And it probably doesn't register to people who play the stories as a younger person, but to 33 year old me I guess it's more noticeable.

I truly ended up liking all the romances for the Fem!Heroes. I think they all play out well, and I thought they were all sweet. Now, I'm not everyone, and I play pretty much all Gray/Lightsided characters, so my experience could be a lot different than others. But I genuinely find myself wanting romantic reunions with all of them. I haven't been able to play through Quinn's yet... I'm saving up to getting a new computer, and all I have right now is a laptop that's only good for surfing the internet and writing, but I'm looking forward to it.

Agree with everything you said! Like you, all my female characters so far are gray or lightsided, so maybe our experience would be different if we played dark. Even allowing that, I genuinely like all the class romances for our female player characters. They have different tempos but each one is sweet in its own way.

Definitely would have like SWTOR romannce better if it wasn't just lip service, kissing while standing up and bend on the knee proposals....

I remember there's one Imperial Agent scene where you can sleep with a fat guy in Nar Shadda and my IA was on the bed with the guy next to her. Way more physical intimacy than actual romances isn't it?

I don't think I would want it to be more then just a kiss or a hug. Not that I am a prude but I play for the story and the lore not the romance. Even though I did do some of the romance stuff and I do like it. I would stop playing if we all the sudden saw our toons naked etc. I cringe at some of the costumes that are in the game, I am very glad you guys don't do the color thing and make the clothes skin tone colors.

Cringe because , a jedi knight should not be wearing a slave outfit nor should some of your companions.

Should the Romances actually mean something, yes should it be more then a few comments here and there sure. But I don't think it should be the main focus in the overall story. I wish you could do more convos other then the main handfull that are done by the time chapter 3 is done.

Definitely would have like SWTOR romannce better if it wasn't just lip service, kissing while standing up and bend on the knee proposals....

I remember there's one Imperial Agent scene where you can sleep with a fat guy in Nar Shadda and my IA was on the bed with the guy next to her. Way more physical intimacy than actual romances isn't it?

Yeah I agree, and you're right that scene with the random fat guy got more attention than the actual romance scenes. There are even some scenes in some class stories and in KotFE where your character wakes up in bed but they could have had the love interest sleeping next to them.

Yeah, there have been a few instances where the LI could have been there and it would have fit the story without showing anything graphic. Like the nightmare before Nathema.

I don't know that I would *want* anything graphic and I don't play for the romances, but I would still love more interaction and side quests with the LIs.

I'd like the romances to be more physical too, like in ME and how shephard is just ready to mount Kaidan.:rak_03: But maybe that's just out of the The for Teen category.:p It would also be nice if we could have a repeat of romance scenes like in DAI. You can always go back for a kiss with Cullen , Bull, or Black wall. Even though it's just the same repeat, it's still nice!

I think I o my did it for about 2-4 times but still.:rak_03: They should make an effort to make romance feel more romantic!!

I wouldn't mind seeing the montages of the dates. Not the black screen we get. I wanted to see the dinner that the smuggler had with the guy on aldernan. I wanted to see the ceremony that Vector took the agent to. It doesn't have to be interactive but like a cut scene.

I wouldn't mind seeing the montages of the dates. Not the black screen we get. I wanted to see the dinner that the smuggler had with the guy on aldernan. I wanted to see the ceremony that Vector took the agent to. It doesn't have to be interactive but like a cut scene.

I'd like this a lot, too. And I wish they'd actually let the new companions have actual weddings or side quests together, with choices to make. Or at the very least, a fun cut scene that is something better than the "Oh, you want to get married? Here's the ship droid!" or fade-to-blacks that are in the class stories.

To me romance is about sincere emotion not sex

To me it would include both as well as non-sexual physical intimacy such as just sitting closer to each other than friends or acquaintances would, a hand on an arm or shoulder, a hand squeeze, physically holding their partner back if they lash out at someone, etc...Also just little moments that real people would have such as times where everyone is sitting and talking, the love interest could come sit next to the PC and give them one of the two drinks they were carrying or just show them doing things together like in the scenes where there is an emergency and everyone goes on alert, instead of the PC doing random whatever stuff they could be hanging out with the LI even if it's just work related such as fixing something with Koth or planning with Theron and so on. I think there were missed opportunities there and I don't think having the LI sleeping in the bed next to the PC would have been very difficult in the scenes where the PC is already sleeping but alone. The scene where they wake up and Lana is just creeping in their bedroom while they sleep stood out to me. It should have been the LI instead.

Are you feeling like swtor has what you see as romance?

Yes in just about all the romances. Vector/Agent, Vette/Warrior, Kira/JK, even JC/Iresso, FemSmuggler/Corso, Elara/Trooper, Aric/Trooper, focus on genuine feelings growing between individuals, not let's hit the sack!

I would have loved that too <3 also the random things non love interest companions do by themselves that they tell you about but aren't quests. I wish those were quests or cutscenes. I want to go find Auselio Gann with Talos or talk to LS sith with LS Jaessa and so on. I love the companion quests that we do get but I wish all the companions had them <3 (I understand why not for budgetary reasons but damnit I want)

To me it would include both as well as non-sexual physical intimacy such as just sitting closer to each other than friends or acquaintances would, a hand on an arm or shoulder, a hand squeeze, physically holding their partner back if they lash out at someone, etc...Also just little moments that real people would have such as times where everyone is sitting and talking, the love interest could come sit next to the PC and give them one of the two drinks they were carrying or just show them doing things together like in the scenes where there is an emergency and everyone goes on alert, instead of the PC doing random whatever stuff they could be hanging out with the LI even if it's just work related such as fixing something with Koth or planning with Theron and so on. I think there were missed opportunities there and I don't think having the LI sleeping in the bed next to the PC would have been very difficult in the scenes where the PC is already sleeping but alone. The scene where they wake up and Lana is just creeping in their bedroom while they sleep stood out to me. It should have been the LI instead.

ITA. Small things like that would really add to the scenes a lot. That one scene on Iokath in KOTET where you can click on everyone and your LI has a nice little exchange with you - that was great, and that could be expanded too.

But where is the scene with Lana in the room with you? She's actually my LI so that would work, LOL.

Yes in just about all the romances. Vector/Agent, Vette/Warrior, Kira/JK, even JC/Iresso, FemSmuggler/Corso, Elara/Trooper, Aric/Trooper, focus on genuine feelings growing between individuals, not let's hit the sack!

I guess I don't agree, not with all of them anyway. I do remember a lot of sack hitting with Corso however, I think it was twice in 1 cut scene even. But having sex can be romantic too, like with cullen in DAI.

Either way more affection isn't a bad thing, whether that's more sexual or just sweet words or a smooch. Which is what swtor does have a lot of. If that's all you feel like there needs to be, then that's great for you and others alike!

:)

I liked it in ME where you can get carried away actually having some physical contact and what not.

I know this is still a T for Teen game, but the "kiss" in vanilla at least is so bland in swtor and it's basically the same for everyone.

I fully agree!

Edited by Eshvara