Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

ITA. Small things like that would really add to the scenes a lot. That one scene on Iokath in KOTET where you can click on everyone and your LI has a nice little exchange with you - that was great, and that could be expanded too.

But where is the scene with Lana in the room with you? She's actually my LI so that would work, LOL.

After you get the holocron that can hurt Valkorion and you wake up from a nightmare and Lana is chillin' in your room while you sleep. A normal thing for a LI to do but really weird and creepy for a coworker.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you get the holocron that can hurt Valkorion and you wake up from a nightmare and Lana is chillin' in your room while you sleep. A normal thing for a LI to do but really weird and creepy for a coworker.

So incredibly creepy. And it's not even the only time we wake up to find Lana watching us. :(

Edited by Estelindis

So incredibly creepy. And it's not even the only time we wake up to find Lana watching us. :(

Seriously, I feel like she spends half her time watching us sleep or "rooster" blocking us.

Edited by Nefla

Huh. Somewhere in Ch 8 or 9 I guess?

As a LI that's absolutely sweet, but if not, YEAH, that would disturb me quite a bit. Maybe they're all taking turns guarding the Outlander at night?

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Huh. Somewhere in Ch 8 or 9 I guess?

As a LI that's absolutely sweet, but if not, YEAH, that would disturb me quite a bit. Maybe they're all taking turns guarding the Outlander at night?

She's also the one hovering over us, watching us sleep on IoKath. Almost as if she already has her face hovering over yours before you wake up. It really would have been sweet to have the character's love interest there when they sleep but for whatever reason they decided it had to be Lana all the time. I feel like the devs just assumed everyone would LOVE Lana as much as they do (like what happened with Liara and Leliana) and didn't even think of the fact that people would want their love interest there instead and that an acquaintance creeping on you while you sleep is not cute but creepy. I also feels she kind of gets a pass as a female character, people don't see it as that weird. Imagine if instead of Lana it was Koth always hovering over you and watching you sleep, always butting in when you had a tender moment or kiss with your love interest saying "can we focus?" or "we need to go" or whatever and can't give you a minute but instead seems to be trying to c*ck block you. People would make a much bigger deal of it.

She's also the one hovering over us, watching us sleep on IoKath. Almost as if she already has her face hovering over yours before you wake up. It really would have been sweet to have the character's love interest there when they sleep but for whatever reason they decided it had to be Lana all the time. I feel like the devs just assumed everyone would LOVE Lana as much as they do (like what happened with Liara and Leliana) and didn't even think of the fact that people would want their love interest there instead and that an acquaintance creeping on you while you sleep is not cute but creepy. I also feels she kind of gets a pass as a female character, people don't see it as that weird. Imagine if instead of Lana it was Koth always hovering over you and watching you sleep, always butting in when you had a tender moment or kiss with your love interest saying "can we focus?" or "we need to go" or whatever and can't give you a minute but instead seems to be trying to c*ck block you. People would make a much bigger deal of it.

Oh yeah, I do love Lana and my characters romance her, but it seems like they coded it from the POV of a player who takes that path and forgot the other possibilities. Theron's also in the room in Iokath, and if you're romancing him, for instance, it would make far more sense that he's hovering over you. Etc.

They could have added a lot more interaction and small moments with the LIs in general, as we've discussed; it's weird that the game has these romances, but then the player barely get to do anything with them.

I will say that if you romance Lana, Koth can be a bit of a whiny jealous b****h toward your player, and shuts down at least one kiss you are about to have - and that Lana also shuts *you* down with a few "this isn't the time or place" type lectures when you're trying to flirt with her, too...

Oh yeah, I do love Lana and my characters romance her, but it seems like they coded it from the POV of a player who takes that path and forgot the other possibilities. Theron's also in the room in Iokath, and if you're romancing him, for instance, it would make far more sense that he's hovering over you. Etc.

Yeah or Major Malara Quirne, since it was their big return patch. :rolleyes: They were too busy plotting with Supreme Empress Darth Commander Malcina I guess.

Some of that with Lana is a little odd, but I got the impression that those scenes where the Outlander wakes up and is greeted by Lana isn't supposed to be in a private bedroom. Maybe the Outlander is just taking naps in a public area?

They're sleeping in a bed though. If the devs wanted to make it normal seeming they could have made it where the outlander fell asleep at a desk but nope, sleeping in a bed (and not a bunkbed in a barracks or something) and Lana's just there creepin' lol

Those creepy moments are where I started not liking Lana and few times I feel she always but in wherever you are. Think even when you go off to somewhere though now that I think of it few times she isn't with you but most times you are with her.

Man those days I wanted Akaavi as she is my favorite for my male smuggler. Did have a head cannon that he gotten the tow HKs and T7 try to find her since to him Theron and Lana seem to have forgotten.

Poor Lana, she means well, LOL. I actually thought the opposite, that I wish there would be more interaction with her as a LI. But if you have a different LI or none at all, it's too bad they don't have different options so you could choose to hang more with them.

One of the interesting things about KOTFE/KOTET is that it forces you to use different companions - I would never have voluntarily used Senya or Kaliyo for a mission but I ended up being stuck with them for those chapters. Lana's only really with you for a few chapters, and AFAIK if you don't romance her there are a few times when a different character shows up, like the Asylum fight.

But I totally get that everyone has strong opinions about companions/LIs, and being forced to be around one that you don't like makes a person feel a bit stabby. I hated Quinn, and whenever he wanted to talk to me during the SW story I hated it.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I guess it's the office power nap bed or something? :rolleyes:

Lana had the Outlander's room on the Gravestone bug-bombed so he couldn't sleep there and had to sleep in a bed placed in the living room so she could have easy access to creepily stare at him at all hours :p

I would be more creeped out by Koth, only because I would think he was having thoughts about the emperor. Though by lokath not sure why he would be over your bed.

Lana I think just basically cares about you and maybe she considers you a close friend/sister. Though it would be nice to change it up between her and Theron.

I would be more creeped out by Koth, only because I would think he was having thoughts about the emperor. .

lol that is a creepy thought.

"Oh yes Koth!"

"Oh Valky!"

"Wait, what?"

"What?"

"You called me Valky"

"What?"

"What?"

"What."

I would be more creeped out by Koth, only because I would think he was having thoughts about the emperor. Though by lokath not sure why he would be over your bed.

Lana I think just basically cares about you and maybe she considers you a close friend/sister. Though it would be nice to change it up between her and Theron.

I agree with this, I think she just cares, even if she's not your LI. And if she is, well, we all know she frets and worries endlessly about the player if she's romancing them, so that explains it...

Oh yeah,. though. KOth or Senya would be way creepier. Koth the Valkorion fanboy and Senya who seems to think you can summon Valky on cue...I always have the feeling Senya wants that scene from 'Ghost' to happen.

Wait, wut O_o that was a real thing? When did that happen?

If you insist that Arcann needs to die when you're on Voss, Senya duels Lana and then attacks you, saying that at least she can kill Valkorion (she doesn't seem to get that there's, um, a divide there between Valky and you...).

After the fight when she's dying, she's still demanding to talk to Valky...and he shows up and sings with her while the player, Lana and Theron all awkwardly look on. No joke.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero