Let's talk about the Galactic Trade Network

Divinati

9. GTN should save your last search upon window close.

10. Companions returning from missions auto-close your GTN, mail, and vendor windows, causing you to lose your work. Should automatically go to "Pending" when those windows are open.

These two are really the same thing but are truly annoying. Especially since it takes so long to setup a search.

The companion who returns from a mission should never close your GTN window. When a companion crafts something it just ends up in your inventory, it doesn't interrupt your GTN session. But let's say, for some reason, it has to interrupt the session. When you re-open the GTN it should not reset all the drop down boxes. It should remember what you were doing last. At least until you log out.

Sometimes I wonder if these developers ever actually play their own game. Don't they get annoyed by these same issues?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with everything the OP mention, the GTN needs to be overhauld, its a little sad to be honest.

Still love the game though, problems and all.

This kinda sums it up.

Hey Bioware, anything to say? I know you are all busy, but if you get a chance mention this sometime. You all have proven to me that you are listening to the community.

Keep up the great work!

<3 the Trooper.

snip

Sometimes I wonder if these developers ever actually play their own game. Don't they get annoyed by these same issues?

I've wondered that too. Maybe they've only played this one and not been exposed to the way things are supposed to work? I can't think of any other explanation. Every play session has me asking myself that exact question at least a couple of times. And what were the beta people saying for the last couple of years?

I absolutely agree with the OP 100% on all points. The trade network UI is awful, period. I seriously don't even have the option to search for an item by name? Or have no option to narrow down what armor slot I want to buy (helm, pants etc.)? Terrible. WoW and Eve Online had fantastic auction houses; this on the other hand feels like something developed by someone that had never heard of an auction house before. Anyone defending the current AH UI has either never played another mmo before, is a child (in age or mind) or both.

• 1 month later...
I agree with the TP's post 100%. All of those things would make the Trade Network so much better. The main point being able to search without having to limit your search with categories. Bioware, anytime want you get around to those changes, that would be great...sooner the better, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed as well. its functional, but creates frustration.. Any player who has played many mmo's knows that eventually even the little things start to eat at you.. Something as important as this shouldnt be part of the problem that leads to walking away in the end...

My Current frustration is that i just cant FIND items to buy.. I need better gear, Im old, my fingers dont work well.. (I was fourteen when Luke bullseyed his Womp rat) I have less fingers now than I did then... so without GOOD gear, I die repeatedly.. I am not looking for any flames about how YOU made it with no problems.. I am sure you did.. GREAT, I am proud of you.. I cant do it.. My point is.. are people not crafting because its such a pain to deal with?

I have crafted in several games, and this one is by far the... messiest?? It feels so.. unfinished..

the list of craftable items is horrendous.. especially if you craft a lot of items... Then, after figuring that out, you get to spend an hour looking at, or selling stuff on the GTN, typing in your prices while your companion kicks you out, the afk macro tries to boot you from the game.. THEN, You buy two pieces of ORANGE jedi Consular gear for kira, because she is a Consular Shadow.. right??? wrong.... (Yah, i did)

Even standing in one spot crafting and sending companions on missions will get you the "disconnecting due to inactivity" bar.. really? I'm RIGHT here!!!!

• 2 months later...
Who cares about the trade network? There aren't enough people online to use it anyway...

I hardly use the GTN any longer because there is so little for sale on our server.

But yes, I do agree with the OP regarding the issues with the GTN as i USED to use it when more items were actually for sale...

Who cares about the trade network? There aren't enough people online to use it anyway...

Sadly this is true.

GTN posts are like beating a dead horse. Doesn't matter what you do to the GTN, it won't magically make people re-sub and boost the economy again.

• 1 month later...

I bet it's been mentioned before, but...2 days is not nearly enough, especially since I have to go back to base every damned time. Try maybe...a month? A week, in a pinch?

Well, the item limit is pretty silly, too. I'd like it to simply be removed, but I suppose that just doubling it is fine.