Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

totally agree with OP... im on my shifted days off today and yesterday i didnt expect to play but the way bioware are doing it means i might not get any headstart as i ordered late... this is infuriating as i paid the same as everybody else.... i want my money back....

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Denmark here...and we support OP 100%.....it's 9:48 here...and all is quiet at Bioware !!! :mad:

but then again...im a September pree-order guy, så i have to waite till the weekend anywhooo !!

Euuhmm. I redeemed on the 21 of September, a week before they announced the release date. I expect to be playing long before the weekend arrives... :cool:

Denmark here...and we support OP 100%.....it's 9:48 here...and all is quiet at Bioware !!! :mad:

but then again...im a September pree-order guy, så i have to waite till the weekend anywhooo !!

You been wacthing to much of The Julekalender, speaking all danish/english like that :p

Euuhmm. I redeemed on the 21 of September, a week before they announced the release date. I expect to be playing long before the weekend arrives... :cool:

Aye, would be pretty damn fail if they don't have July, August, September and October in before the weekend. I am also hoping for November (preordered at the end of November) and December before the weekend, and I expect it, but I can't know for sure lol.

Awwww... Europe.. Where history comes from... =P

I agree with OP slug of course..

Time difference is a big deal, maintenance and server downtime should be based on timezones.. and so should support..

Good morning my fellow Europeans.. Well, it's not really morning, it's more like second breakfast.. =P

a good point their it seams crazy to do it that way and even if they wanted to limit amount of players geting on in each wave it would be easy to do so. all they needed to do was transfer the eu preorder id's to the eu office with how many was to get involved in each wave.

now i saw in an earlyer post in this thread that 1, they were prob wanting to limit overall population and that 2, we were still part of a stress test.

well point 1 seams to me to be invallid (alltho admitadly i havent done mutch with servers) the us and the EU servers will moast likely be hoasted not only in different data centers but on diferent contenents so i dont see why this limit overall pop would be an issue if it would ican someone enlighten me as to reason why this would be the case.

now on to point 2 i have seen in may threads that the early acsess is NOT supposed to be part of a stress test

see this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=66561#edit66561

where Stephen Reid a Senior Online Community Manager states so in paragraph 2 of his post on page 109

sorry for the long post but i wanted to add my opinion and it just turned in to it

back to the wating game

I think the biggest problem with using EU times aswell is that bioware simply can't distinguish between US and EU player since both can play both servers.

I doubt that the percentage of Europeans deciding to roll on US servers is all that huge, but I may be mistaken.

Aye, would be pretty damn fail if they don't have July, August, September and October in before the weekend. I am also hoping for November (preordered at the end of November) and December before the weekend, and I expect it, but I can't know for sure lol.

Personally I think everyone will be in for the weekend. Last waves will be Saturday at the latest.

Of course it's speculation, but I believe it to be the case.

I honestly think they don't care about their Europeans costumers.

Don't get me wrong I know they like our money and they do have French/German servers.

But when I see them not bothering with separating the waves or having their maintenance during EU prime time I just feel disappointed.

Because well I expected them to organize it better.

The last beta weekend made me feel uncomfortable with their attitude, they launched one English EU server while they had like 40 US ones up.

Sadly I think it's a case of 'suck it up' you want to play the game you just need to accept that you are being a second rank costumer.

You pay more and they won't make anything a bit more convenient (yes with taxes they still over charge)

But well did you expected anything else?

Edit:

Oh and good morning!

Time for coffee.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

Awwww... Europe.. Where history comes from... =P

I agree with OP slug of course..

Time difference is a big deal, maintenance and server downtime should be based on timezones.. and so should support..

Good morning my fellow Europeans.. Well, it's not really morning, it's more like second breakfast.. =P

Ummm second breakfast, i'll have that first and 1st later :p

Still agree with OP, keep this thread alive. Rise Europeans, rise and be heard!

USA is the only region that counts, everywhere else can go get stuffed.

- Official Bioware policy

Look at the server listings and see who got the most servers,

During BETA the fools at Bioware thought Europe should get ONE English server and 4 - 5 French / German servers.

Then they expanded that English selection to: 3

Then they expanded that English selection to: 5

Pro-tip -

The UK alone has 60 Million people in it.

It takes a special kind if idiot to think ONE English server is going to service EUROPE but BW have demonstrated this stupidity enough times to make it clear they have no interest in considering Europe as anything less than a bonus to their PRIMARY playerbase which is the US.

+

everyone that is not German and French are playing on the English servers, Scandinavia/Benelux/Eastern Europe/Mediterranean

I agree with the OP.

It's 9.19 CET, most of Europe's wide awake staring at 'light servers' with no option to play. :(

That's the problem. Launch is there, server population is low, morning in Europe, but we can't play. Disappointing.

Edited by Aesaya