Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

I hope Bioware adresses the issues with timezones regarding servers, and im kinda sure they will. But i have understanding for the rolling invites, although its not a good thing that it affect a great deal of European players who might get an invite about the same time its time for sleep, but then again, even ig you get your invite today at bedtime, or in the middel of the night you still have 5 days early access.

Good post by OP.. +1

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn to pre-order earlier. All that needs said, you got plenty of warning before and on the 21st July.

dude its not a thread about pre ordering its the fact that the EU is 6-7 hrs ahead of the states but have to rely on the states timeings that this thread is about

Learn to pre-order earlier. All that needs said, you got plenty of warning before and on the 21st July.

/sarcasm on

If i had ordered earlier then 31 july Bioware Europe would have been open during European work hours?

If only I had known: I would not have spent a week looking for a 200$ CE, but ordered another digital edition online, just to have the service during european work hours.

Wich is what this thread is about.

/sarcasm off

Please react to this thread: not to the whine threads you have read elsewhere!

Well...iam home MONDAYS, TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS and sometimes WEDNESDAYS. I'm not invited yet, it really sucks. But what can i do? nothing and already half the invited are at work and can play 1 hour after they get home.

I'm from Sweden. They should send out invites for Europe aswell, at our timezones.

Edited by SweetZoid

I am german, and i do not see a problem yet. If you want for Bioware EU to handle these things in the morning as well, you are asking them to give you the content either in advance of the US or more than half a day later. Guess what it would be? Look at Blizzard for a hint.

So, for the EGA, i think its done right, at least from a timing perspective. Its not like we get our invites in the middle of the night or something. For content patches i would prefer this model, too. This way no continent would get content sooner than the other.

Now, server maintenance is another thing. That should be handled locally to keep it in the early hours of the day.

Edited by Wasimodo

Well...iam home MONDAYS, TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS and sometimes WEDNESDAYS. I'm not invited yet, it really sucks. But what can i do? nothing and already half the invited are at work and can play 1 hour after they get home.

I'm from Sweden. They should send out invites for Europe aswell, at our timezones.

The European market comprises 500 million people which dwarfs the USA's mere 350 million. AND TIME IS OWNED BY THE BRITISH. The prime meridian is ours we stole it from the French. So work to our rule and our time and get me my early access now!

OMG EU is one country now??? US gets to count South America and Canada then right? Then maybe we will deserve a cut in line like you think you should get based on population right?

Erm no but the EU is one market, one region and the game is being launched in it unlike the whole of the America's.

btw the EU population is about 480m, 731m is the European population.

I don't understand why they can't separate the EU from the US and let BW EU handle it.

If I am perfectly honest, Blizzard and Trion seem to respect their EU costumers more.

Even though there is some favoritism to be seen it isn't going so far as this.

It would make far more sense to divide them up.

OMG EU is one country now??? US gets to count South America and Canada then right? Then maybe we will deserve a cut in line like you think you should get based on population right?

Sure include Canada thats 34,681,000 more to that number. Still not the same numbers.

SA is not included in the pre-order faqs.

And EU is one market.

Edited by Kriiz

If they'd seperate EU and US the way Blizzard does, I'm sure it would reduce server stress aswell, and let people get EA much earlier, since you know europeans can only access european servers and vice versa. So in theory it would be much more organized.

+1 . Staggering should be separate for NA and Europe according to pre-order registration time. As such there should be invite waves during the day (US time ) for US and during the night (US time) for Europe.

ALSO don't freakin' forget all the player who are not in FRANCE or GERMANY or UK and who enjoy the ENGLISH VERSION of the GAME. 5 French servers + 5 French german servers should equal at least 15 English Servers for the whole rest of *********** europe

If they'd seperate EU and US the way Blizzard does, I'm sure it would reduce server stress aswell, and let people get EA much earlier, since you know europeans can only access european servers and vice versa. So in theory it would be much more organized.

Yeah, that would be horrible. People have friends outside of their country these days, you know. A little thing called the internet helps with that.

During BETA the fools at Bioware thought Europe should get ONE English server and 4 - 5 French / German servers.

It's the stupidity shown on these forums that is staggering, not the SWTOR EGA ;)

Sheridan, when they opened that single English EU server, they were doing stress test, wanting to see what happens when huge number of people hits small number of servers.

They did the stress test in order to test their servers, not to give you the free play time over a weekend.

Yeah, that would be horrible. People have friends outside of their country these days, you know. A little thing called the internet helps with that.

Sure, but the amount of Europeans wanting to play American servers is probably very small, and if they do, they could've bought the US edition.

Obviously all of this is moot now, but I'm just saying it could've been a good idea.

The European market comprises 500 million people which dwarfs the USA's mere 350 million. AND TIME IS OWNED BY THE BRITISH. The prime meridian is ours we stole it from the French. So work to our rule and our time and get me my early access now!

How did we steal it from the French.... we didn't even want it, they did (because they didn't like us, glad those day are behind us....:rolleyes:) but it was other nations that decided it should be Greenwich because politically, militarily, and economically it was basically the centre of the world at the time so made perfect sense.

As OP i ask the following:

Could we please keep this thread civil and on topic?

I think service for Europe is an important question, and this thread should be answered by Bioware. Not Closed because of flamewars.

Thanks

Your favorite Fat Slug ( thanks for my new nick :) )

As OP i ask the following:

Could we please keep this thread civil and on topic?

I think service for Europe is an important question, and this thread should be answered by Bioware. Not Closed because of flamewars.

Thanks

Your favorite Fat Slug ( thanks for my new nick :) )

It shall be your char's name too... Fat for first name and Slug for surname.

Fat Slug, now LOVE it! :p