Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree. With a world wide roll-out of an application, you need local or at least regional support/maintenance organizations.

It's a little worrying that BW/EA hasn't given this more attention, EU is a huge market.

Hang in there / R

This has been the first valid thread making a complaint (of sorts) that I have read. It is 8.38 in England right now and I find myself available to log on, or at least be considered for it if my number came up. I have worked nights and I know BioWare has a few bucks in the bank, so a night shift crew in the States (presuming there isn't a viable European hub) would not be impossible to imagine.

However, I think the real reason is that BioWare do not want to get ahead of themselves. they know the numbers they want to unload onto the servers each day (and we are still part of a stress test, which I am perfectly happy with) and this is an easy way to apply the brakes.

Whatever the reason, I can live with it, mainly because there isn't an alternative. I always used to think I was an impatient sort, but it turns out I'm Buddhist Mink material compared to what I've seen on multiple wailing threads here. :)

I support this thread.

Hopefully major maintenance won't be something like 08.00 EST to 13:00 EST which then for EU starts at 13.00 GMT then ends at 19.00 GMT. Worse for +1 and so on the further east you go.

Edited by Fireci

Finally, a reasonable thread.

OP makes a good point, it seems rather strange that we have to wait until 3 pm for the next wave. Perhaps it would have been better to handle US and EU invites separately - though that would have led to massive QQing over Europeans getting in earlier than Americans simply because there have been less pre-orders from the old continent.

Finally, a reasonable thread. .

thank you :)

OP makes a good point, it seems rather strange that we have to wait until 3 pm for the next wave. Perhaps it would have been better to handle US and EU invites separately - though that would have led to massive QQing over Europeans getting in earlier than Americans simply because there have been less pre-orders from the old continent.

That's why i said: "now that launch is here " I completly understand why the first wave had to be on the same time.

Yet it is day two now. I will not complain if some US citizen gets in while I sleep! And although gamers are a fickle bunch, i doubt most would mind that another part of the world gets service during their office times....

Edited by KakitaHoshi

Denmark here...and we support OP 100%.....it's 9:48 here...and all is quiet at Bioware !!! :mad:

but then again...im a September pree-order guy, so i have to waite till the weekend anywhooo !!

Edited by Qui-Zan

Do you really believe this? :p

I have no idea which market is bigger. I do know two things though: Europeans favor the PC over consoles, americans favor consoles over the PC and RPG's are in general a bigger thing in Europe than in the US. However the numbers get confusing because Europe has more languages. So I do not know if they sell more in the entire European region than in the US, but it would not surprise me. The numbers usually count per country instead of VS vs EU which makes it look like the american market is much larger.

Again, only guess work on my part.

Nobody is saying europeans don't get their waves, but that the waves are based around US work hours. Big difference.

Ohh sorry then i read this from first post wrong OR ?

However, what i do not understand is that why, now that launch is here, Bioware Europe is held back by US office times.

The European Servers are almost empty. Who is on there, has moved on from the starting areas. Bioware Europe staff is clocking in as I write.

Why isn't Bioware Europe getting it's next share of invites? Why are they held back?