[GUIDE] Awesome pve/pvp dps spec guide for 1.2!

Garricus

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spec i currently run is for cheap WZ/ilum grinding.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbsMMdRZcMfRsMkr.1

Lightning storm and lightning spire mean that the walls of AOE being thrown around the republic base can be turned from a mild annoyance to a sharp burst of LS and insta-CL.

Fishing for kills on overconfident pubs is very satisfying.

Now that I have Battlemaster though, I'll probably switch points out of Lightning storm and electric bindings and into creeping death, as I'll tend to be in a premade for warzones.

The points in parasitism could probably be spent somewhere else... but none of the other 2 pointers really impress me. Might go into Corrupted flesh, as some of those damn bleeds can really pack a punch.

Is there any reason that in your rotation I should not use affliction before starting the rotation and again where it states you should? Would give you a little bit more extra dps no?

No it wouldn't affliction would only give more dps after deathfield is placed for a 20% damage increase by deathmark.

No it wouldn't affliction would only give more dps after deathfield is placed for a 20% damage increase by deathmark.

affliction is good to cast first. deathfield as a 15 second cd and between the affliction ticks and crushing darkness you'll use them all up even without the initial tick from affliction. casting affliction first not only gets your highest damage per move attack up, it also lets you proc half cast force lightning as soon as possible

I have a question regarding the original build.

Is Affliction that big of a piece of the damage puzzle that a 15% damage increase to Affliction through Force Horrors is more useful than putitng those 2 points into Seeping Darkness and getting an overall 2% bump in crit chance for ALL spells?

0/13/28 is great for raiding, just not the ideal spec for pvp

edit: Sorry I looked back at my comment and it seemed derogatory.

You should really try a 25/16 build for pve raiding, you will see an increase in damage and almost unlimited force. The main issues with 13/28 is the force management against higher health bosses. (HM OPs can have bosses with up to 2mil HP)

If you do a constant madness rotation maximizing DPS you will quickly go OOF. With lightning skills you will see an increase in overall consistent damage while never falling under 80% force. This allows you to bubble healers, help offheal in critical moments, able to blow cooldowns without worrying about going OOF if a boss needs to be burned during a certain stage, ect. ect.

Edited by cupofwater