[GUIDE] Awesome pve/pvp dps spec guide for 1.2!

Garricus

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question upon proccing wrath in a early force lightning should i cancel that force lightning to cast chain lightning / crushing, or should i finish the force lightning cast?.

I try to always cancel and cast CL or CD when I get wrath up.

Hello!

This build is so awesome, even in PvE. Ive tried Madness, Lightning and Corruption. I'm soon at valor 60 and I've been raiding HMs.

As I said above, I've tried alot, but this build really gives me the most powerful DPS imop, both PvP and PvE. Hoping for a DPS meter so you really can test it :p.

Thanks for this awesome guide, thumbs up!

Yours,

Blix

Hi,

I just recently switched over from a 31 lightning spec to test out this build and I had a few questions on the build

1. When dealing with multiple mobs and one of them is CC do you just remove Deathfield and Chain Lightning from your rotation so you don't break CC when trying to single target burn? Just use Affliction, Force Lightning until Wrath Proc then Crush Darkness?

2. Coming from Lightning Spec I never had Force issues even when dealing with longer Nightmare Mode fights. I heard this build needs to be managed better in longer fights. What do you do to make sure you have constant supply of force while still pumping out DPS throughout fight.

3. What the best opener rotation? Force Lightning til Wrath Proc > Deathfield > Crush Darkness > Affliction.

or

Deathfield > Affliction > Force Lightning > Crush Darkness

Hi

Hi,

I just recently switched over from a 31 lightning spec to test out this build and I had a few questions on the build

1. When dealing with multiple mobs and one of them is CC do you just remove Deathfield and Chain Lightning from your rotation so you don't break CC when trying to single target burn? Just use Affliction, Force Lightning until Wrath Proc then Crush Darkness?

If the CCedMobs are not to close, i will still use deathfield on the rest. You just have to learn to place it right. CL is more of a problem. It does work quite well to cast it on the farmost mob from the CCed ones.

2. Coming from Lightning Spec I never had Force issues even when dealing with longer Nightmare Mode fights. I heard this build needs to be managed better in longer fights. What do you do to make sure you have constant supply of force while still pumping out DPS throughout fight.

In long boss fights you may run out of force when using CL on each Wrath proc. Just keep spaming FL instead of CL from time to time and your force should be fine. FL is already a great damage spell and it's force positive with 0/13/28.

3. What the best opener rotation? Force Lightning til Wrath Proc > Deathfield > Crush Darkness > Affliction.

or

Deathfield > Affliction > Force Lightning > Crush Darkness

I tend to use Affliction > FL till proc > Deathfield > CD.

There was a post earlier in this thread about low lvl pvp with this build and I'm starting to build towards this build I'm lvl 14 and was doing 130k dmg with about 40 k healing on average per game, I was using FL into a lightning strike into a shock and just repeated that process since Fl came off cd after LS and shock, if anyone got near me I would do the knockback into an electrocute and whirlwind and run away and bubbled, now granted I'm a veteran pvper and was a glad in wow for 5 seasons, but I think low level sorc can be done in pvp and I look forward to playing this build Edited by jbuschell

this kind of dmg in Void Star is only possible with 100% uptime. So I guess all the posted pics are full guild group.

With no guild group you'd probably sit around 100k-200k with that kind of gear

Actually this is incorrect. Those screenshots were either pug groups, and like 1 of them was with 2 guildies. With the game slowing down right now and people waiting for 1.2, I am only solo queuing, and still pulling high numbers. I always hit 300k, and usually am over 400k each game.

Even with non pvp gear, or only a few pieces, you should still hit 300k in any warzone. This includes a few deaths as well.

Unfortunately, this build and rotation is only really good for lvl 40+. At lvl 12 you lack skill tree points, and I often see low lvl sorcs no where near the 75k damage medal.

Just a comment on this. I´m already going for my 5th lvl 50 and decided to try a sorc this time. I knew this build since early January and decided to give it a try.

Why do you say it´s only good for lvl 40+? I´m currently at 20 and joining WZ´s pretty much solo (I know the difficulty level is not the same as 50 pvp) and I´m doing on a constant basis 260k+. Yesterday I did my max of 328k dmg with around 57k healing. Have a custom LS, 2 pieces of blue gear and purple braces but i dont even have implants yet, so yh , nothing too fancy gearwise.

I´m going down the madness tree first having got the Death Field just now.

It is a great build and I give all that but I would like to know the basis on the statements i quoted above.

thanks

Edited by Agenteusa

I'm using the spec and rotation specified in the OP but I'm never coming anywhere close to the damage posted. I occasionally break 200k but it's usually in the high 100k area. Have full champ stalker gear and the 3 red matrix cube. Is it because I didn't go biochem that I'm not getting these super high numbers? :confused:

I consistantly do well enough in PvP but I'd like to get over the hump as it were and put up some ridiculously high damage.

It is a great build and I give all that but I would like to know the basis on the statements i quoted above.

The big damage from this build comes from instant casting Chain Lightning off of a Wrath proc on top off a Deathfield. The soonest you can do this is level 38. Basically around 40+ is where the build's crazy synergies start to come together.

I hit 50 recently and tried this spec, love it so far. I was barely breaking 75K dmg as lightning. With this spec I can do both PvP and casual PVE just fine and both are more enjoyable atm. I doubt that I would stick to it if I was raiding to max dmg, but it's really es of the both worlds in this single spec stage.

Awesome guidelines for sorc beginners like myself, thanks OP.

I just trained wrath and tried it out in pvp, it's nice but is there a way to notice it more when it procs? Kinda hard (for me anyway) to look out for the small buff which looks kind of like static barriers icon whilst also looking at own health, enemy's health, enemy's cast bar (for interrupts), teammates health who are in trouble etc or does it just get easier to see it the more I use it. thnx

Well, I've been playing with this spec for the last few weeks. I'm only level 37 so it's not fully fleshed out yet, but I consistently do top damage in any PVP match I do. Plus, the PVE damage i can put out is just ridiculous. Awesomely fun build.