[GUIDE] Awesome pve/pvp dps spec guide for 1.2!

Garricus

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this build good for pvp? farming medals? i'm currently using this but can't do anything if i'm up against a mara or sentinel

23/0/18

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGMRbd0dZZcMcRsMz.1

That is almost identical to the build I was talking about last page, here is what I was messing with.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhrRbd0zZMZcMcRsMz.1

You want the extra AOE damage for Death Field with this build.

The build you are using and that I just linked, will not get your top heals or damage for the warzone, but you should easily get your 4 medals, and be a great asset to your team. IMO this build is great for playing with a premade group or even rated warzones, cause your focus won't be on trying to get the highest damage or highest healing. Instead you will be spot healing yourself and others when healing is needed, but it also allows you to help kill the ball carrier or someone attacking you in a 1 vs 1 if needed. You should almost never die in this spec against another sorc if they are not specced the same way.

This is a utility build, only negative to it, is you won't get a lot of MVP votes cause you won't be top damage or heals. I love having instant whirlwind. Sorry for the lengthy reply.

P.S. I can usually do around 200k+ in healing and damage with this spec, or hit 300k/150k+ in either dps or heals.

Edited by Garricus

Really I cried when I saw the change on the Wrath talent. Sorcerer is gonna be the worse dps class in this game from now on. I don't understand why the nerf the hyrbid sorcerers while a Warrior for example still can crit on me for 6.3k with Smash(!!!) and I have full BM gear. That's really sad.

I like to play Mages/Sorcerers in all mmo's. I don't like to play other class. They will screw my whole gameplay so I will quit the game if this change officially is gonna happen at 1.2.

But SERIOUSLY???? Wrath-> without Chain Lighting is the biggest nerf of the class!

GRGrgrrrrrRRRrr..

I have already cancel my subscription explaining that is for this reason and I'm not gonna pay again if this nightmare becomes truth.

you won't be missed

That is almost identical to the build I was talking about last page, here is what I was messing with.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhrRbd0zZMZcMcRsMz.1

You want the extra AOE damage for Death Field with this build.

The build you are using and that I just linked, will not get your top heals or damage for the warzone, but you should easily get your 4 medals, and be a great asset to your team. IMO this build is great for playing with a premade group or even rated warzones, cause your focus won't be on trying to get the highest damage or highest healing. Instead you will be spot healing yourself and others when healing is needed, but it also allows you to help kill the ball carrier or someone attacking you in a 1 vs 1 if needed. You should almost never die in this spec against another sorc if they are not specced the same way.

This is a utility build, only negative to it, is you won't get a lot of MVP votes cause you won't be top damage or heals. I love having instant whirlwind. Sorry for the lengthy reply.

P.S. I can usually do around 200k+ in healing and damage with this spec, or hit 300k/150k+ in either dps or heals.

With this build what would you classify yourself for a PVE group? A healer or DPS?

With this build what would you classify yourself for a PVE group? A healer or DPS?

Honestly, you wouldn't do enough damage for pvp, and would miss out on AOE heals. The build you are referring to, is not meant for pve. Just a high utility PvP build, allowing you to heal when needed or dps when needed.

I have been on vacation for few days and will not be home for another few days(1yr anni apparently means I don't get to play meh games !!). Anyway 30pt light/11pt mad. Skill dist pretty obvious in light, the 11th point in madness tree going to DF or double dip madness. If someone can please test these out and maybe even sim I would love you long time. Would think pwr/ala mods would trump pwr/srg or crt/srg mods (atm can't rem if pwr/ala mods actually exist) for this build.

I have been on vacation for few days and will not be home for another few days(1yr anni apparently means I don't get to play meh games !!). Anyway 30pt light/11pt mad. Skill dist pretty obvious in light, the 11th point in madness tree going to DF or double dip madness. If someone can please test these out and maybe even sim I would love you long time. Would think pwr/ala mods would trump pwr/srg or crt/srg mods (atm can't rem if pwr/ala mods actually exist) for this build.

Why would you go 30 points in lightning and 11 in madness? If you decide to go more lightning then madness, you will want to go 23L 18M. You always want wrath whenever you go into madness, it's to good to pass up. Reverberating Force, Conduction, and Polarity shift are just not worth the points.

Try this build out, I think you will like it, it is very effect right now.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZcszMdRrhZcMcRsMz.1

Once 1.2 comes out, I will figure out the new best build and write a guide for it, it will include combat log data.

The theory is based around my dislike of TB.. the cast time the damage and crit mechanic.

11 in madness to get DF. My thinking is aff cast, instant cast DF, LS spam till CL rinse repeat. TB basically wastes any crit capping and consumes a reckless charge if I am not carefull. It works in my mind but I am away from my comp ><

Ahh,

What can I say this has really helped me, have copy and pasted everything on the first page and put it into a word document just so I have it at all times. I have also printed it out so when 1.2 hits I am ready. Very Happy with this guide and very impressed.

Regards,

xFadeProGaming

First lets clear up something Wrath procc cannot be used with chain Lighting. The only way to get instant CL now is by lighting barrage which then either a) force storm can procc that or b) LS spam. In the end it does not a easy procc to begin with.

The theory is based around my dislike of TB.. the cast time the damage and crit mechanic.

11 in madness to get DF. My thinking is aff cast, instant cast DF, LS spam till CL rinse repeat. TB basically wastes any crit capping and consumes a reckless charge if I am not carefull. It works in my mind but I am away from my comp ><

Well you have the rotation down for the build I linked you, there was no need to go that far up in the lightning tree for what you want. Keep in mind this build is only good until 1.2

I'm still working out some stuff, but if you want to try something try

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZccZcrcRsMkrc.1

I was testing the damage against my guild mercs, we both are full rakata gear and I was about = damage in a 2 min fight on the raid boss training dummy. Also with this build, I wasn't having to worry about force as it was regenerating quickly. This isn't the final build for my guide, cause I haven't tested out the others, but this seems to be doing well. You will need to use Lightning Strike for wrath procs when Crushing Darkness is down.

Affliction, Force Lightning until Wrath, Death Field, Crushing Darkness, Force Lightning until Wrath, Lightning Strike, rinse repeat.

I'm still working out some stuff, but if you want to try something try

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZccZcrcRsMkrc.1

I was testing the damage against my guild mercs, we both are full rakata gear and I was about = damage in a 2 min fight on the raid boss training dummy. Also with this build, I wasn't having to worry about force as it was regenerating quickly. This isn't the final build for my guide, cause I haven't tested out the others, but this seems to be doing well. You will need to use Lightning Strike for wrath procs when Crushing Darkness is down.

Affliction, Force Lightning until Wrath, Death Field, Crushing Darkness, Force Lightning until Wrath, Lightning Strike, rinse repeat.

I think you should up the time of the test to 4 mins. If you do I think you will find that the traditional 12/28 is going to be superior for a few reasons.

1. You can still double dip lightning barrage.

2. Your not wasting 2 pts in healing.

3. You have much greater force efficiency with subversion because your now casting lightning strike all the time with wrath.

I feel no difference really. I mean, TK Throw/Chain Lighting nerf is somewhat a big deal, mainly because I used it in my main burst rotation but, I never really used it before I used Mind Crush/Crushing Darkness anyways. Spamming that ability to get damage numbers is silly anyways because you're totally useless as a DPS if people aren't dying. All I did was drop TK Wave/Chain Lighting and subbed in Disturbance/Lighting strike in its place. The damage is kinda OK, if you compare it to TK Wave/Chain Lighting of course, but, as a clothy, anything that's instant is golden to me, so the 1.5k-2k damage is nice, after my Mind Crush is on cool down.

So basically, this is the spec that I run right now. I have all my CC, which means that I don't die, which means that 99.9% of the time, I'm doing top damage just like before the update. Of course, I'm not someone who just does damage, I do everything necessary to win a game. Here are some SS from yesterday.

Voidstar, solo que.

Hutt Ball, quing with two other DPS.

Voidstar, quing with two other DPS.

Hutt Ball, solo que.

I am currently reworking my sorcerer, I am not an uber char or even high equiped but I would like to stay as dps and be able to do my dailies.

Which is my best companion to use?

What build best suits as a support to the companion?

Iam a bit new to this game so be patient with me.

I keep reading "instant chain lightning" while using this build.

But what talent gives you that?

Is it not the "lightning storm" talent that gives u a chance for instant chain lightning?

Would love for someone to explain all that!

After last fixes I noticed a couple of things in WZs which wanted to verify by others' experience.

Force lightning double-dip seems not to work for me atm.Is it so or is it something that has to do with latency problems?

The second thing that bothered me is that Death Field seems to crit a lot less times than before 1.2 and being constantly under reductions which I didn t see before the patch(death field is ofc internal dmg)

Has any1 experienced anything similar?

Edited by Darkallex

Force lightning double-dip seems not to work for me atm.Is it so or is it something that has to do with latency problems?

Yes, lag will reduce the number of double dips. Also you have to hit your keybind within the queueing window. I think the default is set to 0.5s, mine is set to 1 second to make it easy to hit FL twice.

I've been playing around with this spec in PVP and it's a lot of fun. I also do decent to great damage with it too! best i've done with it is 450k in huttball(might be able to do more in the more "crowded" WZs)and I have amazing utility. I never go OoF, hell I can be downright reckless with my force and i won't get below 75%.

The points in Exsanguinate and Subversion can be switched back and forth, and you can play around between Dark Mending and Haunting presence. I mainly have the 3 points into Chain Shock simply to help with quick spike damage when someone is low on health and I need to do more damage than one tick of FL(and don't want to waste a proc either). two of those points could be spent into Parasitism if u want residual healing i suppose.

Tell me what you think ^^

Edited by Saiken

Hi guys I updated my guide on the first page, lots of new and useful information there.

I forgot to add my gear, so I will work on that tomorrow. There are plenty of builds, but through a few hours of testing them, I found 1/12/28 the best for pve, and good for pvp dps. Obviously a more lightning build would be good for pvp survivability, if you guys would like me to add that spec and a mini guide to it I can.

So withing the next couple days I will add:

Warzone screenshots

Gear and stat update

Combat Log Parses

Also you guys can use Torparse.com to link back combat log information, lets see who can beat my 6m DPS with this spec :D Must use an operation target dummy for 6 mins. I only used self buffs, and rakata stim, along with rakata relic and adrenal.

Have you tried going 31 madness for PVP? Admittedly it'd be nice to have better force regen and DPS sustainability, but I'm finding CT to be a great tool for keeping those pesky marauders at bay. Plus I don't have to say anything in pug WZs when someone whitebars the ball carrier before a flame pit. CT has become invaluable in that regard.