[GUIDE] Awesome pve/pvp dps spec guide for 1.2!

Garricus

lol i been playin a sorc for almost a year... death field isn't woth the point spent to pick it up.

Just because people do things for a long time doesn't mean they get any good at it. I frown on spending more than 18 points in madness (for PvP) but you seriously think an instacast aoe that does big damage and heals you isn't worth ONE talent point?

C'mon now.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess lightning isn't a viable pvp spec at all?

Yes it is, but currently there is a skill lag bug which makes your main attack take a long time to start doing the job its suppose to. For now Hybrid Madness/L is better.

Give it time

Just curious as to what the stat priority is. Willpower > Accuracy > Power > Crit > Alacrity > Surge?

I would say Willpower > Crit > Surge > Power > Accuracy > Alacrity.

The reason why Accuracy is low on the importance is I don't see a way to get 110% accuracy which would be needed for it to be effective in pvp. I stacked crit and surge on my toon last night and notice a big jump in damage. Pulling almost 6k crits with deathfield and chainlighting.

I'm trying to figure out a way to stack accuracy. I know a marauder that stacks it on my server, and he rips apart tanks like it is nothing.

I stacked crit and surge on my toon last night and notice a big jump in damage. Pulling almost 6k crits with deathfield and chainlighting.

Welcome to the club! I realized as soon as I finished my Champion gear that there just wasn't enough Surge on the pvp items, so I switched out my Earpiece and Implants with masterwork crafted ones and put Surge augments in them all.

Next step is to get extra pairs of the champ gloves and helm and pull those mods and enhancements out and swap out the ones in the rest of the set until I get my stats optimized.

Does it also work in PvE, or only PvP ?

I switched from a full lightning spec to this Hybrid Madness/DPS spec. Suddenly I could take down mobs like butter and Khem (and my friends playing tanks in flashpoints) couldn't seem to hold agrro anymore. So I'd say it's also great for PvE.

Garricus,

With regard to your links

Can you post a reakdown of the name of each piece, and what Mod, Enchance, Aug, and Armoring you have within them (unless you did and I missed it)

"PVP Stats:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...tellviaPVP.jpg

PVE Stats:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...tellviaPVE.jpg"

Im going to swap over to your spec the second I hit 50, just curious what kind of money Imma have to dish out for respec if anyone knows

In earlier posts it seemed you stated power was greater than Crit but now you seem to indicate you feel Crit and Surge are greater.

I'm lvl 47 and my damage is just shy of 400, but my crit is only 24 and multiplier is only 57%, so my gear has a long way to go, but knowing what you have at each slot would be nice.

Garricus,

Can you post a reakdown of the name of each piece, and what Mod, Enchance, Aug, and Armoring you have within them (unless you did and I missed it)

"PVP Stats:

PVE Stats:

Im going to swap over to your spec the second I hit 50, just curious what kind of money Imma have to dish out for respec if anyone knows

In earlier posts it seemed you stated power was greater than Crit but now you seem to indicate you feel Crit and Surge are greater.

I'm lvl 47 and my damage is just shy of 400, but my crit is only 24 and multiplier is only 57%, so my gear has a long way to go, but knowing what you have at each slot would be nice.

If u havent respeced b4 then it should be free otherwise it goes up accordingly, but i think the cost resets each week

Welcome to the club! I realized as soon as I finished my Champion gear that there just wasn't enough Surge on the pvp items, so I switched out my Earpiece and Implants with masterwork crafted ones and put Surge augments in them all.

Next step is to get extra pairs of the champ gloves and helm and pull those mods and enhancements out and swap out the ones in the rest of the set until I get my stats optimized.

Yea I've gotten so many extra pieces I was able to take out all the crit/surge pieces and put them in all my gear. Almost every piece is crit/surge. I also use rakata offhand and earpiece, and implant. Unfortunately with the new nerfs coming for Biochem, and pvp buffs, it will be almost impossible to get a 5k crit :(

Does it also work in PvE, or only PvP ?

Works very well in pve, I pull aggro from tank if I am not careful, and I finish my boss first in EV (4th boss encounter)

I switched from a full lightning spec to this Hybrid Madness/DPS spec. Suddenly I could take down mobs like butter and Khem (and my friends playing tanks in flashpoints) couldn't seem to hold agrro anymore. So I'd say it's also great for PvE.

Glad you like it. :D

Garricus,

"PVP Stats:

PVE Stats:

Yea sure, been busy getting the blackvulars unofficial server forums kickstarted, but when I find time I will post my new gear and stats, as well as each mod etc.

Yes power is strong, as there is no cap for it, but crit/surge seems to be aweosme for this build. I find that affliction crits more, giving me lightning barrage more frequently. My highest crit was from a death field doing 5.9k. I would recommend getting a power adrenal and relic, but as for mods and enhancements, I'd go crit/surge.

I've probably spent 300k pulling mods and such out and placing it in my pvp gear to maximize crit/surge.

If u havent respeced b4 then it should be free otherwise it goes up accordingly, but i think the cost resets each week

It's weird how the respec fees reset each week. I don't know if they respec on tuesday after servers restart or not. I was told 1 week from the last time you respec, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have respeced like 5 times in a week, because I go dps and healing often for pvp and raids, and costs cap at 99k.

Well guys, THANKS a lot! I will definetly go this way!

Little question to Garicus, did you apply any changes to your build, since "the first page of the thread" ?

And where can I change the points I have already spend in my SPEC, cause i put two points in Reserves, before reading this

23L/18M does not give you 30-50% more survivability. Half the time the extra 2 cc's won't affect the target cause they have a full resolve bar, or they have a gap closer. You gain maybe an extra 5s to live if someone is really going after you. I'd rather hit them hard and leave them with DOT's if I'm going to die.

1) yes it does, and if you don't agree then the smugglers/shadows you are facing are laughably bad. Trz on my server would absolutely churn this specs butter. 3 second reactive stun on a broken barrier is an absolute godsend vs. stealth stunlock openers. I've run your spec, and there's no 'I'm captain lone wolf' about it. You get eaten by semi coordinated combinations of melee. (i.e. 2 melees running together). Also, the best part of the barrier is that it's aoe.

2) aoe root overload has caused the extra 5 seconds needed to prevent 3+ people turning the corner in void star to allow the bomb plant/bridge cross countless times...while still having your 2 cc's on top for cc breakers.

3) back to melee, without the extra cc, frankly, you aren't fighting melee that are worth a lick.

4) AOE ROOT INTO FIRE IN HUTTBALL is just epic lulz.

Sooo much more utility survivability in 23L/18M. But yes. Yours can do deeps. With worse gear (only 5 champ pieces) I guess I'll have to settle for my 425k void stars. =/

-Blight (Ajunta Pall)

Edited by DarthDerpDerp

Just because people do things for a long time doesn't mean they get any good at it. I frown on spending more than 18 points in madness (for PvP) but you seriously think an instacast aoe that does big damage and heals you isn't worth ONE talent point?

C'mon now.

just fyi... i was the one in beta trying to tell all the other sorcerers how awesome the madness/lightning hybrid spec was while they were all no way dude thunder blast hits hard!!!11!!1! and i was like, i'll do about twice as much damage just with chain lightning spam for less than half the force cost while you sit there waiting for thundering blast to finish it's cd, plus i get instacast zero force cost crushing darkness. what now??

it's good to see the rest of you fall in line, tho :p

Sooo much more utility survivability in 23L/18M. But yes. Yours can do deeps. With worse gear (only 5 champ pieces) I guess I'll have to settle for my 425k void stars. =/

-Blight (Ajunta Pall)

Doesn't compare to my 500k+ damage as 0/13/28 in void star.