[GUIDE] Awesome pve/pvp dps spec guide for 1.2!

Garricus

So I finally hit 50 yesterday, and changed my Spec to the one the OP put up, with 1 extra point in lightening vs Madness, just to a personal preference I have, I wont post it because I'm sure plenty of people will QQ/Pew Pew

Anyway the spec if 99% what the OP listed, and I noticed a big diff, and my gear isnt even good right now.

To put it in perspective, My Base Damage is only 580.

My Crit is only 24%, and my Crit Multiplier is only 58%, and Khem can no longer hold aggro while I quest.

I did Huttball for the very first time (which is pure chaos your first attemtp) and then many times after. I was 1-3 in damage every match, when beaten only by Operatives and not by much.

Sadly thought Im only doing like 150K - 250K per match of Huttball, but Im sure it will increase when my Gear & Modifications catches up to my level.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of you guys tried 7/16/18? One point into lighting effusion could solve the force problem during intense fights. The 10% increased aoe damage and 3% cri rate worth the lost of dot damage in team fights. With this spec i did 660k damage in voidstar.

Have any of you guys tried 7/16/18? One point into lighting effusion could solve the force problem during intense fights. The 10% increased aoe damage and 3% cri rate worth the lost of dot damage in team fights. With this spec i did 660k damage in voidstar.

Yep, I ran this spec in beta for quite some time. It's fairly solid all around, but I found that it lacks the single target punch of 0/13/28 or the bursty-ness of 0/23/18. All comes down to personal preference really, as I'm sure the dps variance is less than 5% between any of the various hybrids. Wrath, Chain Lightning and Lightning Barrage are a great foundation, from there you can tailor the rest of the build to your tastes.

Doesn't compare to my 500k+ damage as 0/13/28 in void star.

Without the rakata adrenal yet, it's quite comparable sister...esp if you have a Merc teammate like mine. There's only so much dmg a target can withstand betwen us hun. And anything over 350k simply says "I was left alone this entire match, and the other team is dumb" =)

'Twas a nice troll however sister, so I'll proceed to be baited some more and say that you STILL lack the burst, utility, and survivability vs multiple melees as stated.

The burst of 23/18 is seen in how it strings together double insta lightning strikes with double insta chain lightning, along with death field still (admittedly weaker, but still insta and on the move). What's more, with death field as part of your rotation, that means it isn't going to be up to re-pop cleansing and vanishing sins/ops/shadows/scouns.

Sorry...but madness can't string burst like that at all, and it happens at least 3 times a match, which is 3 more people burst into oblivion vice standing and spamming dots at them more, as the invariably life saving heal hits them anyways.

Edited by DarthDerpDerp

Do you recommend this for a level 26 and maybe higher? Will it be good enough if I start building it? And how is your healing with this?

Around 25 is where the spec starts to get really good. When you have death field, madness and wrath it flows really well. You basically fire off death field on CD, then spam force lightning to get wrath procs which you use on crushing darkness instacasts and lightning strike instacasts.

One thing i am curious about forked lighting is when you hit a group of people with chain lighting, will the 2nd lighting be chain lighing with 30% damage or just single lighting. Because when i was 0/23/18 i usually see 2 numbers jumped from 3-4 people when i use chain lighting.

Keep in mind forked lighting only has a 30% chance to proc, so please stop talking like it happens every single time you cast CL. This is to everyone posting in here. In fact if your post doesn't pertain to my build, 13L 28M then please don't post at all, if you want to talk about your build, make another thread.

Again very nice guide, thx.

Any reason you dont start your rotation with affliction?

Affliction if you crit (+30% chance to crit with creeping death) give you one FL at double speed eatch 10sec. In my opinion we need it as soon as possible in a fight for max DPS.

Edited by armaguedon

1) yes it does, and if you don't agree then the smugglers/shadows you are facing are laughably bad. Trz on my server would absolutely churn this specs butter. 3 second reactive stun on a broken barrier is an absolute godsend vs. stealth stunlock openers. I've run your spec, and there's no 'I'm captain lone wolf' about it. You get eaten by semi coordinated combinations of melee. (i.e. 2 melees running together). Also, the best part of the barrier is that it's aoe.

2) aoe root overload has caused the extra 5 seconds needed to prevent 3+ people turning the corner in void star to allow the bomb plant/bridge cross countless times...while still having your 2 cc's on top for cc breakers.

3) back to melee, without the extra cc, frankly, you aren't fighting melee that are worth a lick.

4) AOE ROOT INTO FIRE IN HUTTBALL is just epic lulz.

Sooo much more utility survivability in 23L/18M. But yes. Yours can do deeps. With worse gear (only 5 champ pieces) I guess I'll have to settle for my 425k void stars. =/

-Blight (Ajunta Pall)

+23

And you forget to precise the 20sec colddown of force speed using this spec. How it's possible to play without that? :D

So yes survivability is FAR better than a 13L/28M.

If you are doing some maths, you see a very small difference in DPS vs single or multi targets between eatch spec. Around + or - 5% of difference depending of the number of targets.

Edited by armaguedon

i have a question about the Madness talent Parasitism. My first tought about this talent was, Nice selfhealing! but the more i read about sorcerer pvp builds, the less i see about this talent.

so my question is, why do you think Parasitism is not a worthy pickup and other talents like opressing force? 10 sec cd and a 3 target whirlwind that does not work with player enemies, against self-healing which keep you up and running in tense battles.

im intrested in trying this build out, currently doing a 3/7/31 build that works good in PvP. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZf00MZcMfRsMkrfz.1

would be a big favor if u compared theese 2 builds and tell me why yours better or not.

Ps. note that im not being rude about your build. i find it very intresting and just wonder how to increase my potential as a good PvP sorcerer and find my way closer to unlimited power / "palpatine quote"

thanks

Edited by MadTestie

i have a question about the Madness talent Parasitism. My first tought about this talent was, Nice selfhealing! but the more i read about sorcerer pvp builds, the less i see about this talent.

so my question is, why do you think Parasitism is not a worthy pickup and other talents like opressing force? 10 sec cd and a 3 target whirlwind that does not work with player enemies, against self-healing which keep you up and running in tense battles.

im intrested in trying this build out, currently doing a 3/7/31 build that works good in PvP. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZf00MZcMfRsMkrfz.1

would be a big favor if u compared theese 2 builds and tell me why yours better or not.

Ps. note that im not being rude about your build. i find it very intresting and just wonder how to increase my potential as a good PvP sorcerer and find my way closer to unlimited power / "palpatine quote"

thanks

Parasitism is such a small amount, you will hardly notice the amount being heal. A lot of people won't get it because of the small amount it heals you for.

Parasitism is such a small amount, you will hardly notice the amount being heal. A lot of people won't get it because of the small amount it heals you for.

thanks for fast reply! i will try your build today, looks good!

Extra credtis to you for the good information and explantions regarding spells and talents, gave me a whole new insight of the Sorcerer´s potential!

cheers!

I feel the three matrix shards relic (something like 49 WP/endurance) is better than a click relic due to the passive. However, once you get the epic PvP relics, those are better (but that may take a while to get two).

I have two now. That's why I'm wondering which ones I should get before I buy something.

I am using the 0/13/28 spec. I am doing massive dmg in pvp. havent tried in pve. but i run outta force pretty fast. is this normal? am i doing something wrong?

with sith efficacy and spamming force lightning you shouldnt have too many problems; however if youre spamming death field and chain lightning on every CD, then yes, it's normal.

Yeah i am spamming CL and deathfield all day long. Are there any force problems in pve? Hows sustainability?

EDIT: also, when gearing toward crit and surge, is it better for dps, to replace purple 56 mods with purple 51 crit/surge ones?

Edited by McWallBucks

What's the most damage you've done with this? You said you'd update it to see if you could hit 700k just going after pure damage and that was over 2 weeks ago.

I said after I hit valor rank 60, but leading a guild and doing a lot of pve stuff, I haven't been able to hit valor 60, im currently 59. With this new patch, I don't see 700k as a possibility anymore.