Every group is full of greedy ninja companion looters.

haluo

the *********** retarded is strong with this one

first time anyone one does this in a GRP OF MINE , i WILL HAVE HIM OR HER BOOTED, or I will leave myself, if you people want to be in grps where you are helping each other but at the same time screwing each other over, you deserve to be shafted, this is another thing I love about wow, honestly bioware copied all the things about wow i was tired of and didnt take any of the things that made the game great, so far SWTOR is just not very good. its missing standard features that are hard to play with out. You biobabies will bash me, but its the truth

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But...people say this doesn't happen if you have no LFD tool.....I'm confused.

No one other than Pro-LFD advocates have stated what you have said here.

I believe what you are trying to take out of context is that when the community is established the community will be able to enforce and mitigate the griefing to a major extent.

Which is not the same as saying that it is binary and only either exists or does not; there will always be arseholes.

The game will continually have people push against the community and ninja/grief, and eventually those players will reach a critical mass of ignore lists and not understand why no one answers their LFG messages in chat.

As such this games communities are very young and have not had the time to have guilds interconnect and the like. Give it some time, who knows each server may end up with different community policies about companion looting and that would actually be really cool.

If in an instance, you should ask "anyone mind if I need for companion?" before doing. Otherwise, if there is someone there who needs it and it is for their class, it usually means "Hey, I absolutely need this now and will put this on right away to better enhance my current performance"

This..

All of these problems would be solved with common courtesy, good manners and basic communication skills.

The three things that no Flashpoint or Operation will drop for you. :cool:

Edited by Trixsh

face fact, IT ISN'T YOUR GEAR understand that first and foremost, nothing in the the run BELONGS to you, if my companion, who I spend 99% of my play time with needs it. I WILL ROLL NEED, period.........

It isn't your toy, so do not cry about it

Yeah, this is a pain. It's bad enough it takes hours to find a group for Flashpoints and the fact that Ninja looters exist already, but now we have people need rolling for companion. It's ridiculous.

Everyone may as well need roll and say it's for their alt, or even their alt's companion and so on. In fact, just get rid of the greed roll as it no longer serves any purpose.

Edited by stephenjohnp

I don't get it. Where's the irony there? I won't regroup with people who throw loot fits, either. It's really irritating when it happens.

The irony is that you'll blacklist people who think drops should go to main characters first instead of companions and claim they are wasting YOUR time. :rolleyes:

Traffic goes BOTH ways in the street my friend.

Fact is everyone should roll need if it's an up for their main character, and GREED otherwise. If it's not an up for the main then all the greed rolls effectively become need rolls for everyone's companion.

Stop being greedy.

Edited by Thradar

the companion system is just dumb it has George Lucas written all over it,

Baulders Gate

Neverwinter Nights

Knights of the Old Republic (For all intents and purposes, this MMO's prequel)

Mass Effect

Dragon Age

Sure is George Lucas in here.

And this is why I love playing a trooper. 4 of my 5 companions wear the same armor with the same stat's I do.

I can just give them my hand-me-downs and never have to worry about feeling like a ******* for needed light armor for my companion when I myself can't wear it.

Edited by Redfeil

face fact, IT ISN'T YOUR GEAR understand that first and foremost, nothing in the the run BELONGS to you, if my companion, who I spend 99% of my play time with needs it. I WILL ROLL NEED, period.........

It isn't your toy, so do not cry about it

Fine, but the other players did spend their time helping you to down the boss that drops the loot. I don't know about you, but my time is pretty valuable. When you prioritize an AI companion over the actual humans who actually helped you get through the content, you are essentially saying that YOU are the only person whose time is of any value.....and that makes you a jerk.

You are selfish.

You are greedy.

I won't cause drama over it. But I will leave and let your companion tank or heal the rest of the instance, since they apparently contribute more to the group than I do in your mind, and I certainly won't be tanking or healing anything for you ever again.

Edited by belialle

The irony is that you'll blacklist people who think drops should go to main characters first instead of companions and claim they are wasting YOUR time. :rolleyes:

Traffic goes BOTH ways in the street my friend.

Fact is everyone should roll need if it's an up for their main character, and GREED otherwise. If it's not an up for the main then all the greed rolls effectively become need rolls for everyone's companion.

Stop being greedy.

How is it a "fact"?

Now I didn't read 11 pages on this subject so I don't know if someone else suggested this, but the fix is simple. All that need to be done is a Need for Companion roll, which will be under need and over greed.

You will still get those fools who can't grasp the need/greed concept but this should fix it for a majority of players (unless I am having too much faith in humanity on this one.)

your simple rules is meaningless, you don't make rules that others have to abide by, you don't decide how others must play this game

and when you decide that you need is higher than my need, you are deciding your time, and you, are more important than my time and me

if you need, roll need, if you lose move on with your life, it is a game

No one other than Pro-LFD advocates have stated what you have said here.

I believe what you are trying to take out of context is that when the community is established the community will be able to enforce and mitigate the griefing to a major extent.

Which is not the same as saying that it is binary and only either exists or does not; there will always be arseholes.

The game will continually have people push against the community and ninja/grief, and eventually those players will reach a critical mass of ignore lists and not understand why no one answers their LFG messages in chat.

As such this games communities are very young and have not had the time to have guilds interconnect and the like. Give it some time, who knows each server may end up with different community policies about companion looting and that would actually be really cool.

You need to face the fact that in todays mmo market that blacklisting will never work.

Server populations are so large today that you can never realistically meet everyone.

Now I didn't read 11 pages on this subject so I don't know if someone else suggested this, but the fix is simple. All that need to be done is a Need for Companion roll, which will be under need and over greed.

You will still get those fools who can't grasp the need/greed concept but this should fix it for a majority of players (unless I am having too much faith in humanity on this one.)

I think you have way too much faith in humanity.

That said, companions are just fine in basic green gear. Unless you are trying to solo Heroic 4 groups with just your companion in which case they need to up the difficulty because you shouldn't be able to do that at all, regardless of your gear level. For all other content a companion gets along just fine with basic green gear you get from questing. Hell I switched to using a different companion early 40's and using his still level 20ish stuff he gave me very little trouble, if any.

I would totally understand and agree with rolling need if companions started sucking bad without constant gear upgrades but that really is just not the case.

You know how to deal with ninja looters? don't group with them.

Also to those that roll need for a companion over a player that would use it, you are wrong and greedy greedy people! and nothing you say can justify that!

Main rolls need first, second is companion and third is alt. The end!

Edited by TheHirogen

I think you have way too much faith in humanity.

That said, companions are just fine in basic green gear. Unless you are trying to solo Heroic 4 groups with just your companion in which case they need to up the difficulty because you shouldn't be able to do that at all, regardless of your gear level. For all other content a companion gets along just fine with basic green gear you get from questing. Hell I switched to using a different companion early 40's and using his still level 20ish stuff he gave me very little trouble, if any.

I would totally understand and agree with rolling need if companions started sucking bad without constant gear upgrades but that really is just not the case.

I wonder which companion you used and what class you are using. There are some class that can solo heroic with low lv green gear (as in gear that is way under gear) on companion. Then there are class that depends on the companion life and using low lv gear means you are losing 2k armour as well as health which = time you can prolong to finish the added mobs.

All this will do is make running flashpoints and operations possible with friends/guildies only because as people have demonstrated the selfish people are going to Need what they want regardless.

So unless they change the loot rules, what will happen is eventually everyone will just need all the rolls on every roll and it will take you forever to gear up, people will get frustrated and quit.

So when the game fails, blame the people with the geared up companions.

You know how to deal with ninja looters? don't group with them.

Also to those that roll need for a companion over a player that would use it, you are wrong and greedy greedy people! and nothing you say can justify that!

Main rolls need first, second is companion and third is alt. The end!

And who are you to decide what you can roll need on?

I hope BW go back to basic round the robin looting method with BoE item only so people don't feel that they should entitle to a BoP loot drop more than the other in the group who just contribute as much. You said companion don't depnds on the gear to advance. Last time I check, My main can advance without the need of blue gear.

Bottom line: Don't assume anything and spend at least 2 min to discuss the loot rules beforehand. BW shouldn't hold your hand.

Edited by ryancwn

I wonder which companion you used and what class you are using. There are some class that can solo heroic with low lv green gear (as in gear that is way under gear) on companion. Then there are class that depends on the companion life and using low lv gear means you are losing 2k armour as well as health which = time you can prolong to finish the added mobs.

I'm a maurauder and started using Quinn in the 40ish range because of how squishy I am and the need for healing. Not the best geared character or best player but some 2+ I can solo with Quinn it really depends, it helps if its got droids I can cc.

I wasn't referring to the players gear but the companions gear in general. My point was that for solo content companions really don't need the best gear and Heroics were not put in to be soloed but rather as a reason for people to group together. They are supposed to require multiple players.

People just rolling need on freaking everything piss me off. I've rolled need on stuff for companions before, but I ALWAYS ask the group "Mind if I need for companion" and they're usually cool with it. It really isn't necessary to gear your companions the same way you gear yourself, at least not for me.

People who roll need in a 4 person group for companions is dumb IMO, your cpu companion who isn't contributing anything to our immediate group shouldn't get the same chance as me who's tanking for your ***. I don't mind you rolling on gear for your companion, so long as you ask everyone else if they're cool with it. That imo, is part of building a strong community. Not just sitting back "well, I don't care if you like it or not. Bottom line, I'm rolling on it" that's just a bad way to be. That'd almost be the real life equivalent to taking things out of my cart at the grocery store because there's none left on the shelves.

So to make my point shorter. I don't think anyone reals cares that you roll on stuff for your companions, just be considerate and make sure no one else wants them for themselves.