Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

We Hate Huttball

AnimalAl

There are many reasons you and all lovers of Hutt ball are wrong. And while I have no problem with people wanting to play hutt ball I myself dont want to it ruins the whole atmosphere for me has no place in the star wars universe, I just wish if you really want to play hutt ball make it separate from the rest so subscription holders have a choice.

We want the Hutts Assistance, in order to get some extra Cred for the War effort we have to participate in their blood sports, Sounds pretty damn Hutt to me

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated huttball on my scoundrel, but I freaking love it as a KC shadow. It's the only warzone where I am useful until I get more gear. (Being a fresh 50 is rather unfair, even if I planned ahead and already had my WH double bladed saber and recruit gear ready for when I hit 50.)

No matter how geared a person is, nor how experienced, if you pull their *** into the fire they die just like everyone else.

Honestly, I'd prefer to just play hutball. Voidstar sucks, civil war is an easy win but boring. Republic never loses, ever. Novarre coast is just annoying, especially since people still have not figured out how the damn terminals work.

So yeah, hutball only please.

Honestly, I'd prefer to just play hutball. Voidstar sucks, civil war is an easy win but boring. Republic never loses, ever. Novarre coast is just annoying, especially since people still have not figured out how the damn terminals work.

So yeah, hutball only please.

I could live w/ this. I love Huttball on every class so far, even the Sniper. : )

Usually the people that hate huttball are the ones that have no clue how to play it. It is actually a ton o fun. There is a huttball guide around here on the pvp forums that gives some great tips.

I LOVE HUTTBALL!

On behalf of no one in particular, I would request that you developers find some way for us to screen the PvP warzones so that we can opt OUT of Huttball. Hate it. HAAAATTTEEE it. :mad: Take a page from Rift, let us pick what PvP warzones we want to play.

Well ya know what they say about opinions cause I love Huttball. I love it cause its different and not your normal type BG....:cool:

Edited by Macabrae

I like Huttball. But it definitely sucks when you have clueless baddies on your team...which makes Huttball extremely frustrating. More so than other maps. On the bright side though, getting rolled takes the least amount of time, so at least the pain doesn't last as long. :)

However, I do like the idea of a warzone checklist so that we can select which ones we do/don't want to queue for. Personally, I'd never like to see Voidstar again.

Edited by TheronFett

we dont hate huttball. but i wouldn't protest against a feature that lets us pick a warzone. but if that does happen I think it would create pre-made team compositions that would dominate that warzone. which would suck for anyone pug put into that warzone against them

we dont hate huttball. but i wouldn't protest against a feature that lets us pick a warzone. but if that does happen I think it would create pre-made team compositions that would dominate that warzone. which would suck for anyone pug put into that warzone against them

There are quite a few times I have easy wins against premades that seem to be clearly designed for Huttball except the map wasn't Huttball. It wouldn't be fair to avoid the risk of having a certain Huttball (or any other map specific) team without having to put up with the risk you might get steamrolled when not on the map you're designed for.

I'm actually a huge fan of the Huttball WZ. It's one of my favorites. However, when I'm PUGging it up, I hate to see this WZ appear on my screen. A WZ queue filter is long overdue in this regard. Love playing Huttball with my Guildies. Despise playing Huttball with PUGs.

I'm actually a huge fan of the Huttball WZ. It's one of my favorites. However, when I'm PUGging it up, I hate to see this WZ appear on my screen. A WZ queue filter is long overdue in this regard. Love playing Huttball with my Guildies. Despise playing Huttball with PUGs.

Honestly a bad PUG in Huttball would still be pretty bad everywhere else. I like Huttball even on bad teams because you've control on earning your medals or even ending the game quickly even when badly outclassed, while in the other 3 WZs you usually do not. For example if you're thoroughly outclassed in Alderaan but the enemy decide to play safe the game will always end in a 300-0 and you can't speed that up. In Huttball you can actively create situations to lose faster once you get your 8 medals.

Just as an FYI, Huttball is by far the single most popular warzone (it received more #1 votes than all other maps combined in my ranking thread). If we allow people to specifically choose which warzone they want to queue for you are going to see even more Huttball matches and even less of the others (meaning you people who hate Huttball may not even be able to find games or at least will have to wait over an hour for a queue to pop). Edited by Darth_Philar

I hate Huttball AND think it is probably the best WZ there is.

I think it is the best because it requires the most strategy, and teamwork.

I hate it because I am a Marauder. We suck as ball carriers, with the exception of the final push to score, i.e. force leap and UR. Our best utility is sweet to rush up to mid at the start, but that's the only time we can really count on Predation. So basically our most useful skill in Huttball is our most useful skill everywhere else, killing people. We are mid-fielders. Keeping people away from mid is important, I'm not discounting that, the problem is there is another class who is really only good for guarding mid, snipers. They just sit there up above you sniping you all day, you can't jump up to them, you run six blocks to get and someone that's 10ft above you, and then they knock you into the pit, and keep shooting you till you run out of range.

Makes me wanna pull my hair out. Not saying it is "unfair", just hugely annoying.

Honestly a bad PUG in Huttball would still be pretty bad everywhere else. I like Huttball even on bad teams because you've control on earning your medals or even ending the game quickly even when badly outclassed, while in the other 3 WZs you usually do not. For example if you're thoroughly outclassed in Alderaan but the enemy decide to play safe the game will always end in a 300-0 and you can't speed that up. In Huttball you can actively create situations to lose faster once you get your 8 medals.

Please don't "actively create situations to lose faster once you get your 8 medals" without first clearing it with the rest of your team.

Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.