**PLEASE** Allow 8 Man Premade Groups!

Aceho

*EDIT* I see where this is going, so let me be very specific, I would like to see the implimentation of 8 man PvP groups on PVP SERVERS. I can see why PvE and RP servers would not want this. However, on PvP servers, we signed up for non-stop PvP with the company of our guildmates. *EDIT*

The point of an MMO is to be able to play with other people. The point of a guild is to be able to play with other people you actually WANT to play with.

The Guild Creation system is wonderful, so far. We can gather together everyone, give them ranks and such and speak to them in guild chat... but if we want to play with them, we have to leave people out. I have a guild of 75 people, who would love to PvP together in battlegrounds... but its very very difficult to do so.

Yes, we can make 4 man groups for the battlegrounds... but then we get stuck with 4 level 14 noobs going against a full group of 50's... needless to say, the 'bolster' system leaves alot to be desired.

Now, we were able to get a full group of 8 into a battleground a few times, usually late at night, queing at the same exact time and adding a whole lot of luck... AND ITS BEEN FANTASTIC!!!

I can understand why we have 4 man groups for questing... but we NEED to have 8 man groups for pvp! I want to play with MY GUYS!!

I'm sure others have posted about this before and I'm sorry if its repetitive, but I couldn't find a particular post to reply to. Do you agree with this assesment?

Edited by Aceho

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face some facts.

1) They didnt want a LFG system cause they want people to talk / interact in the game

2)You do so and interact with people , you make new friends and you want to play with them

3)You need to tell friend x "sorry you cant join cause friend y is playing with us" - which is ********

4) what is stopping people from talking to others and asking them , hey you want to play together and go for wins?

Realy , playing with friends should be supported and none by people that dont care about playing together and then come to the forums and ***** about how they get destroyed by playing solo

I created my guild on the TOR site the day they allowed it. We entered the game with 40+ people and are up to 75. We chose a PvP server, so we may PvP together.

Then we discover we really cant play together, unless we roll with tiny groups of 4.

I'm only asking for 8... heck, I REALLY would like groups of 12, 16 or 20!!

People who disagree, should not be playing an MMO, they should be playing *Insert Single Player game Name Here*

I completely agree with this. Currently, we will have anywhere between 3-6 or more 4 man groups queuing up for Warzones so that we can hopefully play together. I feel like the current Warzone system promotes PUGs (which is the exact opposite of what needs to happen if Bioware claims to care about PvP and Guilds so much) both based on a maximum group size of 4 allowed to queue, and the fact that groups break on entering a Warzone, requiring everyone to not select re-queue, but reform the group and queue up again.

I created my guild on the TOR site the day they allowed it. We entered the game with 40+ people and are up to 75. We chose a PvP server, so we may PvP together.

Then we discover we really cant play together, unless we roll with tiny groups of 4.

People who disagree, should not be playing an MMO, they should be playing *Insert Single Player game Name Here*

I know how you feel. We started with around 75 and are quickly approaching 150 now... Vent is a mess because we have 'Warzone #x' channels... it's an eyesore.

That would be fine if they force 4-8-man to only be matched against other organized teams (you may be waiting a while).

BW seems to care about casual players (based on much of this games design) and teams rolling pugs makes the battlegrounds not fun to play for pugs. It's impossible to win with your average pug (2-3x level 10 players and the other half who don't know their *** from their elbow) against crack team of L50 valor grinders who are probably talking on vent.

Edited by Crankyhobo

I know how you feel. We started with around 75 and are quickly approaching 150 now... Vent is a mess because we have 'Warzone #x' channels... it's an eyesore.

we are in the same boat. Its annoying to constantly have to move everyone to different channels.

That would be fine if they force 8-man to only be matched against other 8-man (you may be waiting a while).

BW seems to care about casual players (based on much of this games design) and teams rolling pugs makes the battlegrounds not fun to play for pugs. It's impossible to win with your average pug (2-3x level 10 players and the other half who don't know their *** from their elbow) against crack team of L50 valor grinders who are probably talking on vent.

Then give me the power, as a guild leader, to coordinate with other (even sith) guild leaders to do ORGANZIED PvP.

I disagree with you, though. So far my guild is only rolling with 4 level 50's, two of which dont even pvp much. Our hardcore pvp group is in the 35-40 range. I have no problem going up against an entire group of 50's as long as I can pvp with my guys.

Why don't you just join a guild? Competition is team-based in nature.

I own a guild, actually.

Competition is NOT, by nature, team based. There's no correlation. The concept of "Competition" can either be between one entity or multiple entities. Flawed statement is flawed.

That said... yes, warzone's are team based in nature. However, allowing 8 man premades to roll PuG's just proves how godawful LOL you are at PvP. I pity your guild for being so bad.

Really, it's not your fault though. They just need to pair premades against premades, problem solved. Then again, you'll probably hate it when you find out how bad you are on an even playing field... lawls...

The point of an MMO is to be able to play with other people. The point of a guild is to be able to play with other people you actually WANT to play with.

The Guild Creation system is wonderful, so far. We can gather together everyone, give them ranks and such and speak to them in guild chat... but if we want to play with them, we have to leave people out. I have a guild of 75 people, who would love to PvP together in battlegrounds... but its very very difficult to do so.

Yes, we can make 4 man groups for the battlegrounds... but then we get stuck with 4 level 14 noobs going against a full group of 50's... needless to say, the 'bolster' system leaves alot to be desired.

Now, we were able to get a full group of 8 into a battleground a few times, usually late at night, queing at the same exact time and adding a whole lot of luck... AND ITS BEEN FANTASTIC!!!

I can understand why we have 4 man groups for questing... but we NEED to have 8 man groups for pvp! I want to play with MY GUYS!!

I'm sure others have posted about this before and I'm sorry if its repetitive, but I couldn't find a particular post to reply to. Do you agree with this assesment?

Nope. 8 man premades = new players or PUGs being farmed repeatedly by 8-man premades. This isn't even debatable. PUGs beating premade groups is extremely, extremely rare.

So, in the spirit of fair and equitable compromise (i.e. both sides getting something SORT OF like what they want), you get to play with 3 guildmates at a time...still YOUR GUYS...and PUGs only have to face a premade of 4 instead of a premade of 8, which gives them a fighting chance.

Why isn't that fair?

Bioware have already said they are going to add in Rated War Zones (which would be up to 8 man groups btw).

Those that think the 8 man premades would be in the same que as PUGs, you are wrong. They would share their own que with other premades because of course, PUGs would get even more steamrolled then they do now.

People who disagree are paying 15 bucks a month just like you, so Bioware compromised and gave both sides- the "I wanna play with friends" and "I just wanna queue up when I feel like it" sides -a bit of what they wanted.

You CAN play with friends. You just can't farm PUGs.

You CAN win games in PUGs. You will still face premades, just not overpoweringly so.

That's compromise, and it's 100% fair to both sides.

The same people complaining about premade groups are also the same people who will play for another month or two and that's it. It's an MMO not Skyrim. If that's the case we should call TOR a kinda MMO. Edited by DJFISH

for all of you who think anyone who wants to run in a group with 8 of their guild-mates only wishes to farm pugs and not to just have fun and enjoy the game with friends , I feel bad for you. Not everyone is out to farm warzones and grind gear for the hell of it. some people just like playing as a group, and not relying on people who won't listen.