Best looking Blaster Rifles

Kilokov

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently came across this Blaster Rifle model.

Has anyone found a moddable version of this?

Yesterday while helping a buddy in Taris I picked up another one of these.

Damn this rifle looks good. Not too long, with a magazine sticking out the side, a scope on top and just an overall "solid" look to it. I actually equipped it and used it while on Taris with my buddy.

Why, oh why, is there no orange version of this rifle????

REJOICE!!!!

Torhead just added a 3D model viewer to their weapons section. We can finally preview weapons!

Just navigate to http:\\http://www.torhead.com, search for a weapon and to the right of the weapon's name you should see a "View in 3D" link.

Here is a view of our very first moddable rifle:

http://www.torhead.com/item/1drvMka/republic-command-carbine#modelviewer

Enjoy.

REJOICE!!!!

Torhead just added a 3D model viewer to their weapons section. We can finally preview weapons!

Just navigate to http:\\http://www.torhead.com, search for a weapon and to the right of the weapon's name you should see a "View in 3D" link.

Here is a view of our very first moddable rifle:

http://www.torhead.com/item/1drvMka/republic-command-carbine#modelviewer

Enjoy.

Beautiful!

I think I've finally found a Blaster Rifle that I really really like.

Story time! :D

(Links below are to the Torhead model viewer. You can use your mouse to rotate and zoom in/out.)

Like all Vanguards, I started out with the Republic Command Carbine. It was nice, but I never really like it.

Used it for a level or two and then did Esseles and won the Electro Charge Rifle. Like the Carbine before it, it was OK but I never really like it.

That stayed with me until I got the C-303 Assault Rifle from doing Enemies of the Republic. This was the first gun I really liked: black, solid looking and 3 barrels! :)

When I hit Tatooine, I picked up the E-313 Heavy Repeating Disruptor from the Speciality Vendor. I really liked the huge assault rifle look that it brought. Not to mention: 3 scopes! :)

However, the E-313 just felt out of place in close quarters combat where we Vanguards spend so much of our time. By the time I hit Quesh I was back to using the C-303.

Then I hit Hoth, and discovered the Area quest Unethical Experiments (note: not repeatable) and picked the E-113 Rancor-X Disruptor as a quest reward (the other option was the N-500 Heavy Blaster Rifle).

I really liked the look of the E-113 (not too big, with a stock, and just a good look to it) and I used it until I hit 50.

At that time, I finally equipped the M-500 Nova Disintegrator that I had picked up from the GTN in my late 20's. It was just like the C-303, but with a stock and longer barrels: 3 of them. :)

So there I was, really happy with my M-500 blowing stuff up, when I went to help a friend finish off the Heroic quests on Voss. I ended up with a new batch of Voss Commendations and ended up at the Commendations Equipment Vendor. I picked up the A-52 Rancor-X Carbine on a whim (I'd noticed the model on the Imps in Corellia).

What can I say? The M-500 is now sitting in my cargo hold along with all the other rifles I picked up along the way. The A-52 is my new love. ;)

Does anyone know where you can get the Massive Battle Blaster? I'm going for a blue/black/silver color scheme for my trooper and right now I have the A-52 Rancor-X Carbine which is orange and white... it clashes pretty hard with my armor.

So yeah, anyone know where one can get the Massive Battle Blaster? Much appreciated.

EDIT: Also, is the Massive Battle Blaster a normal orange moddable weapon?

Edited by NiklasWB

Does anyone know where you can get the Massive Battle Blaster? I'm going for a blue/black/silver color scheme for my trooper and right now I have the A-52 Rancor-X Carbine which is orange and white... it clashes pretty hard with my armor.

So yeah, anyone know where one can get the Massive Battle Blaster? Much appreciated.

EDIT: Also, is the Massive Battle Blaster a normal orange moddable weapon?

It's a "blue". Torhead will occassionally screw up.

Unfortunately, Republic player's can only get this model in the orange/white of the A-52 or the pink/red of the Red Reaper Assault Rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Armstech are now able to make two new rifles: the Custom-built Blaster Rifle (level 20) and the Elegant Modified Blaster Rifle (level 50).

Unfortunately, the Torhead model-viewer is displaying the incorrect model for these rifles. The model-viewer appears to base its preview on the icon being used. For some reason Bioware decided to use a non-representative icon for these 2 new rifles making it look like the rifles were uglier (tastes may vary :)) than they really are.

Thankfully, some players have uploaded screenshots of what the rifles really look like and you can see them in the screenshots section of the links above.

If you want to play around with the model in the model-viewer, here are some links that should help:

- Custom-built Blaster Rifle

- Elegant Modified Blaster Rifle.

(You can use your mouse to rotate and zoom in on the model.)

Hope that helps anyone that was wondering what those rifles actually looked like or were avoiding them because the icon appeared to show something totally different.

Just found this on the market, and I think it deserves a mention:

S-311 Fusion Saboteur

It's BoE, so I'd guess that it's a random world drop - probably from the Belsavis Heroic Daily areas.

Especially cool in that it looks almost exactly like the rifles that a lot of the Republic forces use.

I saved 3 of those babies and hopefully once my twink reaches 50 i can make on of those for my vanquard (main)

Edited by Husofanten

I discovered this thread only today (I know, silly me) and I absolutely love it :D

One question though, is there a way (perhaps using torheads model viewer) to arrange all the rifles by their in-game model? Meaning when someone says they like E-111 Stealth-X Saboteur, they can see right away all the other rifles that share it's model, such as Electro Charge Rifle and D-211 Particle Beam Saboteur

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be cool to have a complete web-friendly visual database of all the moddable rifles in game. Any tips on where should I begin if I were to undertake such a colossal endeavor? (no promises, though, I get distracted easily :p)