I unsubscribed, and here's why.

jzelol

Cool bro, don't look at facts, just assume that what you do is what everyone else does

It's amusing that you took that only around 2% of WoW characters killed Ragnaros to meaning that the majority of WoW players don't even have a toon at max level. Nice non-sequitur there, bud.

Edited by Dodia

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at end game u had 1 per zone, so that makes it 9 WZ's

Yeah, when I really thought about it I started to remember all of them. Since most of them had the same objectives it was pretty foggy.

I try to block out my Warhammer memories.

Edited by Jaku

I wanted to love this game, I quit WoW after playing SWTOR beta in July and, despite it being a buggy unpolished mess, I saw greatness in it, and honestly thought it could've been a game that could replace WoW at least to some degree. Before you QQ, I'm not going back to WoW, Blizzard has let WoW become a joke as well.

My face when many of the crippling bugs in July beta/beta weekends are still in the game, many aren't even covered by 1.0.1, or 2.

Yes I know it's Christmas & New Years - so why release a game during this period?

EA got greedy, and released an unfinished, unpolished, flawed game, ignoring many of the massive massive threads from beta to complain about certain aspects of the game which were inherently flawed.

Took us 20 minutes to get everyone into hard mode foundry, the game would only let people pick hard mode if they'd completed the associated call to arms quest - why can't we just select "hard mode" from the group menu?

Burned through every boss until the last one, which was so bugged he was unkillable, we decided to die and reset, upon doing so, the entire instance reset itself, rather than let us figure out how to get around this crippling bug.

Trade skills are broken, Cybertech cannot make any tanking mods, so there's another massive waste of time. I believe the same goes for many other professions being useless/waste of time.

PVP is fun, purely because I have 9% damage/reduction from my expertise (got lucky with the Champion's Bags), but I doubt being a level 15 being completely and utterly destroyed by my premade can be enjoyable. (http://i.imgur.com/tat6E.jpg - Republic got a grand total of 5 kills in this battle...)

This "free month" is free, because it's another beta test, one we've all had to pay for.

I am confident Bioware isn't to blame, but more so the publishers/investors who were forcing them to do the impossible and release something that was nowhere near completion.

ALL THIS SAID, I've thoroughly enjoyed the single player aspects of the game, levelling up with friends, group conversations were really fun. But, the unfortunate reality of this is that none of the choices matter squat... and then you realise it was all just a USP (unique selling point) to differentiate themselves in a market full of failed WoW clones.

I'll keep checking in on darth hater's website and such to see if Bioware actually gets things sorted in the coming months, but I refuse to subscribe to a game that clearly isn't an mmo yet.

TL;DR - Don't want to subscribe to a beta test the mmo portions of this game, which are unfinished, unpolished, buggy and broken at best. But, think the game has a strong basis upon which to improve, but, I'm not going to pay EA to do it, because they have millions of dollars. :V

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn. See you in a year bro

WOW wwas worse on launch. Fail logic is fail.

I honestly thought the Bioware Social Forums were bad. This forum honestly takes the cake with absolute worst community ever.

That was a different time, there is less and less tolerance (or excuses) these days for games being released in a half assed fashion. Saying a game released in 2004 when the mmo industry was still small and unpopular "had a worse launch" means nothing, especially when industry standards have risen with the times in the 8 years since wow and its rocky start.

Also, I believe I asked you your reasons for staying on this forum if you clearly are convinced of this games eventual termination? You never answered :rolleyes:

What better forum to express disinterest in than the very forums that related to said disinterest?

What you are saying is simple: if you are not happy with the game get out and shut up. This mentality permeates every level of new launches and does NOTHING to assist in game development. Someone creates a thread with problems (eloquently stated or not) and you would rather they never spoke at all.

That is the blueprint for an awful community.

It's amusing that you took that only around 2% of WoW characters killed Ragnaros to meaning that the majority of WoW players don't even have a toon at max level. Nice non-sequitur there, bud.

They aren't raiding. They aren't doing arena.

What are they doing?

They're leveling more characters.

That was a different time, there is less and less tolerance (or excuses) these days for games being released in a half assed fashion. Saying a game released in 2004 when the mmo industry was still small and unpopular "had a worse launch" means nothing, especially when industry standards have risen with the times in the 8 years since wow and its rocky start.

Again, I think you guys are micalibrated on what a bad launch looks like.

Darkfall

AOC

STO

THAT is what a bad launch looks like.

This is a fully functional and very fun game. A few bugs exist but not many (somewhat like Skyrim, actually).

Now, that said, they need to build on the PvP/end game content or people are going to ask themselves why they are paying $15/month. I agree with that.

But they have time. I will certainly say that this game is more interesting at launch than COH was.

By your apparent reaction I can tell that you clearly didn't read the post. Your posting as "This game will fail because of.." I simply pointed out to you that WoW should've failed in your eyes because of the exact same reasons.

It is a FAR different landscape in the MMO world now... you are comparing apples to oranges my friend... WoW only survived because nobody knew any better, or had a better MMO to go back to...

I've stated this several times on these boards over the last 2 weeks + beta... For an MMO to survive in the new MMO landscape that WoW has grown... you need to do 2 things

1) have something unique to your game(can be small... but has to impact the gameplay), swtor does, it has the SW genre... EA got LA to shutdown SWG(my personal opinion) so it's really the only SW MMO now(SWGEmu exists people, if you don't like this SW game, you could go play there :p)

2) do what the current MMOs do... AT MINIMUM YOU MUST DO IT THE SAME, or improve on what they do...

swtor fails horribly at #2, they don't have things that are "standard" to MMOs(yes... I'm saying standard even if WoW is the only one that does it :p WoW is the standard folks...) and the things they did take on from other MMOs... they don't do it as good...(e.g. wait times in queues... when you DC from the game, you get slapped with a queue, or BG queue not showing an "estimated" time, or chat systems that work :p haha)

Nothing much to do now but wait till the life support plug gets pulled ;)

Also, I believe I asked you your reasons for staying on this forum if you clearly are convinced of this games eventual termination? You never answered :rolleyes:

Why are you here, defending the game?

We all have our reasons. I think fanboys kill games by giving developers a false sense that they're doing things right. I object to it and think most games would be far better off if fans who only have a good opinion of a game were actually banned from the forums. I've seen it now in a dozen titles. The fanboys always rally to tell the so-called "haters" (who are usually just fans doing everything in their power to get the developer to fix what's about to kill their game) to go elsewhere when their beloved game is about to see a mass exodus. Those same fanboys are always singing a different tune a few months later when it finally sinks into their thick craniums why their beloved game is failing.

I want to unconditionally like TOR. But I can't. For clearly stated reason repeated by many on these forums. It's the fanboys who prefer to whistle through the graveyard and alienate anyone who doesn't love the game who are the biggest detriment to the game.

Edited by Mannic

it's actually the other way around. It's pretty normal these days for games to be released without all the content in them... and that's not mmo's, because they are supposed to get content later ;) and this game is fine at launch. there may not be a ton of end game content... but it will come... just like every other mmo. if people would just relax and not ruch through the game just to be the first capped player and whine about nothing to do in end game, it would be a better place (the forums) :p but that's me dreaming :p because, that's one thing that has rissen, the amount of whiners on forums... i remember a time... no, that's to sad to think about :cool:

Well maybe as a programmer, I am just more sympathetic, however, I think this game (for a new startup with a zillion lines of code and over a million users) is doing fantastic. Except for a few logout/logins to "reset" some small things, I have really had no trouble. and OMG there are way too many quests .. /lol

it's actually the other way around. It's pretty normal these days for games to be released without all the content in them... and that's not mmo's, because they are supposed to get content later ;) and this game is fine at launch. there may not be a ton of end game content... but it will come... just like every other mmo. if people would just relax and not ruch through the game just to be the first capped player and whine about nothing to do in end game, it would be a better place (the forums) :p but that's me dreaming :p because, that's one thing that has rissen, the amount of whiners on forums... i remember a time... no, that's to sad to think about :cool:

Only 10%ers rush to end game. BW isn't catering to them.

at end game u had 1 per zone, so that makes it 9 WZ's

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Scenario

There were 12 from tiers 1-3 alone at start and I know that because I played them all. I don't remember many of the tier 4 scenarios but there would have been around 4-5 as well.

It's pretty unbelievable that after all this time, BW released the game with only 3 warzones. How hard can it be?

If you think it is bad in WoW, just wait to see how bad that is in this game.

It's not bad at all, people can play the game as they please

The stories in this game are absolutely captivating

The money is funneling into one of the best ARPG dev's in the business, along with a notorious publisher who is responsible for bankrolling some of my favorite games, and the visionary George Lucas

What better forum to express disinterest in than the very forums that related to said disinterest?

What you are saying is simple: if you are not happy with the game get out and shut up. This mentality permeates every level of new launches and does NOTHING to assist in game development. Someone creates a thread with problems (eloquently stated or not) and you would rather they never spoke at all.

That is the blueprint for an awful community.

Incorrect. Someone created a thread expressing his opinions on why he is (Supposedly) Cancelling his Subcription.

Complaining and Constructive Criticism are two completely different things.

Second, if you truly would like to understand the response, then read several pages back - don't post if you know nothing of the current situation.

And finally, Forum communities make up for the smallest portion of a games player base in a whole MMO. Most of the "haters" are here complaining, not in the game having fun like the rest of us. (Or sitting in queue)

Edited by Elyons

We all have our reasons. I think fanboys kill games by giving developers a false sense that they're doing things right. I object to it and think most games would be far better off if fans who only have a good opinion of a game were actually banned from the forums. I've seen it now in a dozen titles. The fanboys always rally to tell the so-called "haters" (who are usually just fans doing everything in their power to get the developer to fix what's about to kill their game) to go elsewhere when their beloved game is about to see a mass exodus. Those same fanboys are always singing a different tune a few months later when it finally sinks into their thick craniums why their beloved game is failing.

Fair. Again, I think everyone here agrees that without more end game content/PvP content, people are going to ask themselves why they are paying $15/month.

Totally agree with that.

On the other hand: I really think people here have not played many MMO launches. From my experience, the vast majority of MMOs have limited features at launch with anemic end game content.

COH's PvP is still **** by the way, and that game is wildly successful.

My point is: the hyperbole of some of these posts detracts from their one good point (that more work needs to be done).

I agree about blind support for any game. Irritates me as well/

Those same fanboys are always singing a different tune a few months later when it finally sinks into their thick craniums why their beloved game is failing.

I want to like unconditionally like TOR. But I can't. For clearly stated reason repeated by many on these forums. It's the fanboys who prefer to whistle through the graveyard and alienate anyone who doesn't love the game who are the biggest detriment to the game.

Completely agree 100%.

I remember once when a bunch of fanboys defended Master of Orion 3 - they must have been in shock at how terrible it actually was. That's the worst game of all time. TOR won't be that bad, but it'll be up there with the biggest disappointments of all time.

Incorrect. Someone created a thread expressing his opinions on why he is (Supposedly) Cancelling his Subcription.

Complaining and Constructive Criticism are two completely different things.

Second, if you truly would like to understand the response, then read several pages back - don't post if you know nothing of the current situation.

And finally, Forum communities make up for the smallest portion of a games player base in a whole MMO. Most of the "haters" are here complaining, not in the game having fun like the rest of us. (Or sitting in queue

I've read this entire thread. To simply dismiss my opinion is akin to the idiocy you are marching against. A complaint isn't something you get to qualify based on your own personal opinion. You seem to forget that beneath all whining and trolling is a gem of an issue to be addressed.

Your inability to understand this core concept is not my concern nor something that I can remedy.

If you want me to list problems in this game that are making me lean in the same direction as the OP I can do so, but I doubt it would amount to much given how staunchly you seem to fight against labeling this game's issues through every page in this thread.

I want to unconditionally like TOR. But I can't. For clearly stated reason repeated by many on these forums. It's the fanboys who prefer to whistle through the graveyard and alienate anyone who doesn't love the game who are the biggest detriment to the game.

Ah, first - I happen to be stuck in a queue. (Only 30 to go)

Second, what you posted about I will unconditionally agree with. Fanboys will kill a game, players need to tell developers what they're doing wrong if anything is going to succeed.

What you just posted about was what we call "Constructive Criticism." Now please, you seem like a smart person. Tell me if defending a rage quit thread, plus propagating your opinion on how this game "WILL" fail is in any way constructive?

I honestly thought the Bioware Social Forums were bad. This forum honestly takes the cake with absolute worst community ever.

its this new age of fanboysm, gaming communities everywhere slowly converted until they were completely bias and unreasonable towards their beloved product, following eachother's lead to become part of the growing majority.

it kinda reminds me how hiphop was slowly overcome by hipsters, and how good movies were banished by plotless 3d flicks.

No the worst is still STO in my opinion. They had individuals vandalizing the games wiki site (with insults and threats directed at the devs and their families) and linking it to their forums. And the cause of the hate? A $10 dollar off sale a month after release.