Bounty Hunter facerolling

JcPizwink

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idiot, no 50s on our server. There's already something like 6:1 empire:republic now it's going to be ALL huttball ALL the time. By all the time of course I mean once every 2 hours.

Somehow this makes me feel even better about the changes. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

As someone said, there's not much to say without all the details of gear on each person and lvl and all that other crap, but I will say that if all were equal, there's no way for this to happen unless the other team was god awful.

It all depends on situation and who's doing what and where. For instance, in one WZ, as a decently geared BH ST, i've been able to outlast 5 rep's beating on me (with a good healer tied to me), but in another WZ I was 3-shotted by a smuggler. He was obviously fully decked out in champ gear, and I had no heals that time. Both instances happened to the same person (me) and yet both times someone could have jumped to completely different conclusions...

the lvl 50 brackets is going to kill warzones on my server. shadowtown btw. for lvl 50's i mean. there just aren't many 50's on the republic side. que times are gonna be tarded. and the imp side is pretty geared out already so it won't be competitive at all for pugs.

yes i know i can go with premade. but pick up groups are a major element to population and i tend to be a pugger.

gearing up imp side is ez mode and it's only going to get harder for republic side. if the warzones weren't so choked up with button lag and i actually had fun in them i would make another toon and lvl it up in warzones, so i could turn lvl 50 and buy a million pvp bags. and prolly get all tokens, but that's another issue. but it's a non point because the ability lag makes it not fun for me. when the matches are really out of balance i will just /faceroll and /lol until the match ends.

Ah the 2 button Merc PvP style of play, tracer missile after tracer missile etc... followed by a Heatseeker, then rinse and repeat. A Commando can do the same with Grav round and Demo Round.

This is all a see the majority of Merc's do.

You do realize the whole arsenal tree is based off of Tracer Missile spam right? It sets up Heat-Seeker and Rail Shot. They have to spam it to be effective.

so, this isn't a QQ so much as an honest question...

I consider myself pretty capable at PVP. I've been playing MMOs since DAoC and have always PVPd.

Today, I queued up for some PVP and came across a level 50 Bounty Hunter named Xurge. I had seen her before and, while hard to kill at level 50, it was manageable with a little back up.

Today, however, not only did she 3 shot me from full health (with my force shield up) but proceeded to take out THE ENTIRE REPUBLIC TEAM in quick succession. Ended the match with about triple the damage output as anyone else in the entire battleground.

Now I'm sure a lot of that is that he/she's a good player and knows her class. But ANYONE able to 3 shot people in PVP (including stuns thrown in for insult, I assume) and to chain those abilities to take out an entire team repeatedly is clearly a broken mechanic, yes?

She basically tore us apart while the other 6 imps just sorta jumped around and /danced.

So I guess my question is: is this a widespread issue? an exploit? bad balancing? Because if this is "intended" I'm clearly not oging to be partaking in PVP. No point. :confused:

Are you really calling BH/Commandos "faceroll" on a sage/sorc?

Oh the irony. At least they have to manage their resources while hitting a few buttons.

Ah the 2 button Merc PvP style of play, tracer missile after tracer missile etc... followed by a Heatseeker, then rinse and repeat. A Commando can do the same with Grav round and Demo Round.

I don't play a bh or a trooper, so I may be wrong on this, but if you only have 2 effective skills, then you are going to use the hell out of them.

Otherwise you are saying something that makes as much sense as "damn those ops.scoundrels for using stealth and high dps!!!"

Edited by Kelticfury

I think theres something wrong with bolster. Seems like 50s with gear are hitting far harder then 10% or less from expertise, and as I myself have leveled fighting the high teens and 20s players feels like a joke. Taking my 20 alt commando into a wz for instance I get around 1.2k charged bolt shots while every hit off a geared merc on me with tracer is 2.5k with a 6k+ burst in one gcd with tracer+heatseeker. Even his rocket punch was hitting for 2.6k.

1 less thing to do? You mean farming lowbies? Yeah after the bracket is in you will have to work for your wins against other 50s.

I feel so bad for you *sadface*

another idiot. Sigh THERE ARE NO 50s... Seriously there are about 30 lvl 50 players on republic side and 100 on imp side. THAT'S IT. too stupid to figure out math? that # of people can't support queues. pvp will be dead.

another idiot. Sigh THERE ARE NO 50s... Seriously there are about 30 lvl 50 players on republic side and 100 on imp side. THAT'S IT. too stupid to figure out math? that # of people can't support queues. pvp will be dead.

Don't you know math is hard Sio, it doesn't really matter we will just have to roll alts and own in lower level WZ's again like we did before we all had 50's and the crying started.

so, this isn't a QQ so much as an honest question...

I consider myself pretty capable at PVP. I've been playing MMOs since DAoC and have always PVPd.

Today, I queued up for some PVP and came across a level 50 Bounty Hunter named Xurge. I had seen her before and, while hard to kill at level 50, it was manageable with a little back up.

Today, however, not only did she 3 shot me from full health (with my force shield up) but proceeded to take out THE ENTIRE REPUBLIC TEAM in quick succession. Ended the match with about triple the damage output as anyone else in the entire battleground.

Now I'm sure a lot of that is that he/she's a good player and knows her class. But ANYONE able to 3 shot people in PVP (including stuns thrown in for insult, I assume) and to chain those abilities to take out an entire team repeatedly is clearly a broken mechanic, yes?

She basically tore us apart while the other 6 imps just sorta jumped around and /danced.

So I guess my question is: is this a widespread issue? an exploit? bad balancing? Because if this is "intended" I'm clearly not oging to be partaking in PVP. No point. :confused:

TLDR = "i cant interrupt the most immobile class in the game."

seriously dont be pathetic, i love stumbling upon mercenaries since they have to rely on a cast time spell in order for there instant casts to hit hard.

seriously dont be pathetic, i love stumbling upon mercenaries since they have to rely on a cast time spell in order for there instant casts to hit hard.

This.

I wouldn't call them the most immobile class but interrupt tracer missile, point, and then laugh at them.

Honestly, this post is meaningless unless we see the scoreboard, know the levels, know which WZ, and know how much expertise everyone had.

Actually, it isn't meaningless. The whole point is that it is a broken system. Ergo, under no circumstance whatsoever should this be possible in a WZ. In open world? Fine. In a WZ (mini-game)? Never.

Thats because you dont SEE us using the rainshot, buffs, explosive dart, shields, stuns and everything else we hit you with

Yes if your a lowbie, any class will own you...

My tracer hits GEARED players for ~1500 it hits lowbies for ~4000

Heatseeker is ~3k vs geared players and 5k vs lowbies

Railshot is 3.5k vs geared players and 4-5k vs lowbies.

Unload is 2-2.5k per tick vs geared players, 3-3.5k vs lowbies

add into all of this that geared 50's have about 40% more hitpoints and you can see why lowbies get steamrolled by lvl 50's, while 50vs50 is very dependant on class vs class

50vs50 ,competant player vs competant player, with all cooldowns being available , a Melee Marauder or Sentinel will own a BH/Trooper, as will assassins and ops/smugglers...their DPS is *much* higher than a BH/Troop once they get into melee range.

of course ops/smugglers faceroll everything while stim/buff/relic stackign is in play.. but thats another story :p