The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

WoW vs. TOR: Comparing game launches

Maloreon

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you are lying outright. Everyone I know remembers the endless forum posts, loot-lag, server lag, crashes, instability, whining in game, etc. It was so in your face you could not avoid it. Maybe you never viewed the forums and played 6 months after release on a small server? Otherwise you are either lying or a Blizzard fanboy. Fact.

You probably dont know that many people :/

I played on Shattered Hand-EU from the start in WoW and I'll agree that the first 2 weeks were almost completely unplayable due to constant servercrashes etc.(Players on our server did cause it themselves tho when they decided to gather up 7 full groups of alliance to raid the crossroads.)

However aside from one particular occasion when the servers were down 3 days straight, the complaints from our community was almost nonexistant, people werent overjoyed but as far as I can tell there was only afew forum posts about it and once the servers came back up again there were pretty much no lag anymore and we only had 2 or 3 more server crashes until TBC came out, at wich point I quit so after that I can't really speak for or against it.

However, and this is my point: The communities back in 2005-2006 were dealing with a fairly new concept, MMOs suddenly seemed to sprout everywhere and still, no other MMO experienced the same strain on the servers as blizzards WoW. Now afew years has gone by and suddenly everyone expects a magical fix that will let everyone play the very second the game becomes availible, with no issues at all. The communities has gotten worse, they whine more, theres more elitists. Interesting enough most of the whining posts are written by the very same scourge that pester the WoW forums, eventually noone takes them seriously and people look for other places to discuss properly.

Also, typing "fact" does not make it a fact.

On kinda the same note, but a tad different, I went to my local Gamestop to pay off my CE for SWTOR, and the employee actually told me how much of a wow ripoff this game is, and how much better wow was, I told him I never really played it much but I have friends that played it, but he continued, so I asked him what did he not like about the beta, which he replied he never played it at all.

now if blizzard aren't some ingenious mofo's to be able to hook a person on a game like crack so much that he wont even look at anything else and then risk losing his job by harassing customers.

wow (pun intended)

This isnt' the first time he's done this, I'm considering complaining but I don't' really care to much about gamestop, I buy almost everything online, they just happen to be 2 blocks from my house.

Hey I'll just say it, I don't care if it is wow with a reskin with lightsabers added (sup darnell) I like this game, I don't like wow. <---- tru story.

lol, at some people here. First I had to wait a full month for a copy of WoW after release, because it was sold out. Then after a month I had to wait at least daily for half an hour or some days 3/4 hours to get in the game (the waiting lasted months). And if it wasn't bad enough the servers crashed randomly, I couldn't finish quests because they were bugged and more. Still then was then and WoW was a nice game. Now is now and game-developers have learned that they need to find better ways to launch MMO's

I honestly don't understand what people are so upset about. It's 7 days prior to release. The pre-order bonus said you could get in UP TO 5 days early. Nothing was guaranteed. Nothing was promised. To what exactly do they think they're entitled? I've seen people go as far as demanding compensation. Please, be serious, people.

Look, if you took off work today expecting to get in 7 days early, be mad at yourself. BW/EA didn't tell you to do that. They didn't tell you to expect you'd get in today either. They said UP TO 5 days early. If you don't get in by 12/20, then be mad.

Edited by Xerolyfe

my friends will be getting the game in 3 or so days, its gonna be great waiting at level 50 for them, and not experiencing the content with them.

Do what I'm doing, level an alt until your friends get online, make a bit of creds and experience something different while you wait. People seem to forget that the game isn't a race to high level. I don't see the point in rushing the content it just takes a lot of fun out of the game personally.

no one could have predicted that warcraft would be that popular, Bioware knew for years that they would need server capacity for millions of people. This is just ********.

If you look at current server populations, there is not one single complaint about it, so just what do you mean?

are you saying you want over population and queues and crashes?

Or are you thinking that you somehow are entitled to be thie first person to be invited?

I've got something to sell you, it's not a bridge, It's something I'm going to call communism in which we all get the exact same thing, its gonna catch on, trust me...

If you look at current server populations, there is not one single complaint about it, so just what do you mean?

are you saying you want over population and queues and crashes?

Or are you thinking that you somehow are entitled to be thie first person to be invited?

I've got something to sell you, it's not a bridge, It's something I'm going to call communism in which we all get the exact same thing, its gonna catch on, trust me...

We pre ordered the game for early access, thats what we bought with the pre order. That was the entire selling point. The way they rolled it out is complete ********.

You are *********** crazy or a troll.

:confused:

I played back then, and had a beta account. I don't remember any of that...

I remember a little complaining here and there. But nothing of this magnitude

Rose tinted glasses... I played in WoW beta as well, and beta was relatively fine, however launch was dreadful with insane lag and server queues.

We pre ordered the game for early access, thats what we bought with the pre order. That was the entire selling point. The way they rolled it out is complete ********.

You are *********** crazy or a troll.

I paid $150 for the CE, and I'm going to my brothers paramedics graduation on the 20th and I'm gonna have a blast.

see you whenever...

peace out.

"Uh there wasn't that much of complaints when WoW was released nor' in beta."

Hahahahah are you serious? Dude the forums and in game were non-stop whining about the constant lag-fests, server crashes, downtime, and bugs. I actually played back then, I'd know. And yes, that stuff continued for MONTHS afterward. You didn't play back then if you don't remember that - it was endless whining. One of the worst launches in history.

Hes right. There was TONS of QQ'n when wow was released, but once the game got passed launch and everyone was playing, they all forgave and forgot. Wich is exactly what will happen here.

i played beta and i was wow's launch there wasnt anything of it tbh .

there were problems and crashes but nothing not even close to what you describe . It was quite polished and smooth . and it was in 2004 not 2011 btw .

The whining on wow forums was always there but its a common thing :)

Do what I'm doing, level an alt until your friends get online, make a bit of creds and experience something different while you wait. People seem to forget that the game isn't a race to high level. I don't see the point in rushing the content it just takes a lot of fun out of the game personally.

I agree. I thought starwars was about storytelling and adventure, not a race to max lv, skipping quests to get to the single raid at endgame, Im expecting to complete every quest available in each zone prior to proceeding to the next one, I did this in beta also and expecting to see the bugs on some quests fixed.

I honestly don't understand what people are so upset about. It's 7 days prior to release. The pre-order bonus said you could get in UP TO 5 days early. Nothing was guaranteed. Nothing was promised. To what exactly do they think they're entitled? I've seen people go as far as demanding compensation. Please, be serious, people.

Look, if you took off work today expecting to get in 7 days early, be mad at yourself. BW/EA didn't tell you to do that. They didn't tell you to expect you'd get in today either. They said UP TO 5 days early. If you don't get in by 12/20, then be mad.

You know that kid that throws a tantrum at another kids birthday party because he didn't get presents? Yeah a lot of that going on.