Freaking Champion Bags...

DarthViscious

So, this has happened to me 3 times ina row now. My first time pulling an item out of a champ bag was the main hand melee lightsaber, needless to say i was thrilled. After farming 3200 wz comms, and going through 3 bags with nothing, i finally get the crit on the fourth bag, and lo and behold, its another freaking main hand lightsaber that is pointless to me. After farming probably 4000+ wz comms and going through 5 or 6 champ bags, i finally get a crit on the last one, and of course its another mainhand lightsaber...

Come on BW... like *** is up with that ****. Is it that hard to implement something, where the game can figure out **** you've already unlocked so you dont waste your time like this. Ive chatted with numerous people that have had the same problem and are entirely frustrated by this bull ****. Huttball was fine and dandy the first few 100 times, but damn i cant even get a proper return for all the work ive put in playing that **** to death...

This seriously needs a fix and quick.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the multiple item is just poor design, at the very least you should have the ability to trade said item into half the worth in commendations that the item would have costed if you bought it.

bioware has alot of silly systems like this though.

Pve for example:

Normal Mode raids, has the most awesome loot system ever, the game makes in a internal roll that decides who in the raid that wins the roll, meaning you never get duplicates etc.

Hard Mode raids, same old rubbish loot system that every mmo has used since 199X.

They innovate something, and then they just turn it into a gimmick.

I got my first bag today, and it also contained the Master-Force Main Hand Lightsaber token! I was so happy I didn't know what to do with myself - I never thought I would get a purple glow on my saber (been saying since I started I want one, and then I get this lucky) and the upgrade was huge overall. I'm not a big pvp:er, I just had nothing to do so I decided to go for one of the bags, but after getting this I'm inclined to do more but I dread getting the same token again... :(

I opened 21 of those and didn't get anything so far.

I cancelled my subscription and wrote that this single reason is the reason I'm doing it.

Silly? yes.

But farm those freaking bags for days and get nothing and tell me I'm not right.

You act like you get nothing from the bags. You get tokens. Seriously, you "GIEFMESTUFFNOW" kids get old fast. I've gone through 25 or so bags. I've gotten a mainhand, pants, a belt and 7 (useless) relics.

The RNG gods favor you since you've gotten the best item numerous times. Lucky you.

Sooooo tired of reading all the crying going on.

Working as intended, just deal with it and accept it is not a instant gratification situation. It is called a grind for a reason. But, thankfully the more people that suck at patience will be gone and I will get to only play with good gamers and not childish kids.

I am looking forward to a hard grind that will take months and months if not years to complete.

Valor 54. Out of about 55-60 bags, I've gotten 4 Implants, 3 Relics, 2 Chests and 2 Belts. The rest comms. And of course I get the chest and belt after I buy the crappy versions with commendations.

It's stupid that my companion has as much PvP gear as I do.

it's stupider that I've seen a valor19 person with 5piece, boots, and MH weapon.

This RNG BS is putting off every good PvPer from the game. Already I want to cancel my sub unless something is done about this. Players should be rewarded for skill/time invested, not RNG. (Also, don't give me that "the more time you spend the more bags you get" BS. RNG still rules.)

Edited by GuyWithFace

I would love to see a way to cash in the unassembled gear for tokens or something.

Also, some people need to realize that the gear you get from these bags are a bonus...you are farming those bags for the lvl 51 purple gear that you buy with the tokens, not the pieces that drop from the bag. The champion gear is aimed at people closer to valor 60, who can open the battlemaster bags and get tokens for the champion gear.

Pretty much any champion pieces you get from the champion bags before valor 60 is a bit of a gift, really.

I would love to see a way to cash in the unassembled gear for tokens or something.

Also, some people need to realize that the gear you get from these bags are a bonus...you are farming those bags for the lvl 51 purple gear that you buy with the tokens, not the pieces that drop from the bag. The champion gear is aimed at people closer to valor 60, who can open the battlemaster bags and get tokens for the champion gear.

Pretty much any champion pieces you get from the champion bags before valor 60 is a bit of a gift, really.

Then call them "Centurion Bags", not "Champion Bags". I open a champion bag, I expect to get Champion gear.

It doesn't matter if it's considered a 'gift' or not. People who have lucky RNG can be fully Champion-geared within 20 bags, while people like me, who spend nearly all of their time in PvP, have nothing to show for it but the much-worse Centurion crap.

You act like you get nothing from the bags. You get tokens. Seriously, you "GIEFMESTUFFNOW" kids get old fast. I've gone through 25 or so bags. I've gotten a mainhand, pants, a belt and 7 (useless) relics.

The RNG gods favor you since you've gotten the best item numerous times. Lucky you.

I blame WoW for the new "gimee-what-I-want-noah!!!!!" generation of gamers :(

Come back when you go through 10+ bags with nothing but tokens. :)

At least you're getting some action.

On the other hand, friend of mine got his first few bags and yes, he has 3 awesome champ pieces.

Love random bs.

I opened 4 bags now, twice I got 3 commendations, and twice I got armor, a belt and gauntlets. Not complaining, but its a lot of work for gear that doesn't make me go "Wow". I guess it'll get better at valor 60, eh?

RNG works fine for PvE for most people and I think BioWare tried this same approach for PvP. You do PvE over and over again until you get your gear set and you are not guaranteed to not get duplicate piece due to RNG.

While it may work in PvE and most people are OK with the approach and are accustomed to it, for PvP it is against what people are accustomed to especially players coming from WoW.

In WoW at least, you PvP to get points, then you buy stuff YOU WANT for the points. Lower tier gear is easier to obtain than higher tier that requires certain rank.

The problem is the inability to trade those dupes for something else. There should be a vendor or a vendor option to either trade duplicate items for different set piece or convert them to Champion Commendations.

Currently my character and my companion have 5 pieces of gear both, and the dupes I still get I get gear for different spec for when BioWare implements dual-spec. It is still a waste in my opinion and I think we should have an option to trade dupe items for Champion Commendations.

Pretty simple really, let us trade a piece of armor for the amount of Champion Commendations it requires to buy that exact same piece. That way one can trade in 2 gloves or boots and get a robe, or something along those lines.

I know it's a gift, but these bags are a primary source of Champion Gear for many people at this point. Same can be said for Battlemaster gear. The grind is just too insane to get all the pieces for commendations and without these "lucky" drops from bags a lot of people would still be sitting with a single piece of armor or maybe a weapon and not full Champion sets.

How about being able to trade unassembled gear tokens into more Centurion/Champion tokens - say about 20?

Valor 54. Out of about 55-60 bags, I've gotten 4 Implants, 3 Relics, 2 Chests and 2 Belts. The rest comms. And of course I get the chest and belt after I buy the crappy versions with commendations.

It's stupid that my companion has as much PvP gear as I do.

it's stupider that I've seen a valor19 person with 5piece, boots, and MH weapon.

This RNG BS is putting off every good PvPer from the game. Already I want to cancel my sub unless something is done about this. Players should be rewarded for skill/time invested, not RNG. (Also, don't give me that "the more time you spend the more bags you get" BS. RNG still rules.)

I saw a Valor rank 13 the other day with full Champion gear, yes me jelly.

Edited by Manigma

How about being able to trade unassembled gear tokens into more Centurion/Champion tokens - say about 20?

I saw a Valor rank 13 the other day with full Champion gear, yes me jelly.

How is that possible? Assuming that he opened five bags and got five distinct pieces of Champion Gear, that would still be 1000 Merc and 1000 Warzone Commendations. Shouldn't that put you over 13?

You get 20 bags a week just from level 50 PvP dailies & weeklies - and once you hit valor 60, you start getting 16 battlemaster boxes with champion commendations in it a week (as well as 4 champion's bags).

Add in what you get from warzone + merc commendations, you should be getting more than one piece a week.

You guys are giving up after one day of farming... I've gotten probably 45 bags and maybe 10-12 champion tokens. You just gotta keep trucking away if you really want the champion pieces... The bag system is fine as is - it may even be too rewarding compared to the effort you have to go through to get columi pieces in PvE.

Using a luck system for things you are required to earn, is complete ********.

And I have been a hardcore defender of the game. This **** might actually get me to not re-sub though.

Expecting to be fully decked in the best gear available to you after the game has been out for 2 weeks is ridiculous. Start crying when it's patch time and you still aren't fully decked. This is an mmo-rpg, not a play it for two weeks and beat it then quit console game.