iifetap

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone shocked?

All the data from the pre-launch guild phase was showing that for those guilds playing on PvP servers, Imperial guilds were outnumbering Republic by about a 2.5-to-1 ratio. Imperials players were outnumbering Republic (again, PvP servers only) by about a 65-to-35 ratio.

In other words, every PvP server in the game is essentially going to see Imperials outnumbering Republic by (conservatively) a 2-to-1 margin. How you will see any sort of balanced open world PvP under these circumstances is hard to see.

I was actually expecting everyone wanting to be a Jedi Knight, guess I was wrong?

Heh, did you really think the Republic would outnumber Empire? Empire has bounty hunters, snipers, lightning, force choke, etc. They even have demon looking races. Republic has humans of various colors, jedi, and rocks.

Heh, did you really think the Republic would outnumber Empire? Empire has bounty hunters, snipers, lightning, force choke, etc. They even have demon looking races. Republic has humans of various colors, jedi, and rocks.

Rebels heavily outnumbered imperials in SWG, so I guess I kinda did think that would be the case here.. But then again, that game was sand box and any race could be any class on any side..

Is anyone shocked?

All the data from the pre-launch guild phase was showing that for those guilds playing on PvP servers, Imperial guilds were outnumbering Republic by about a 2.5-to-1 ratio. Imperials players were outnumbering Republic (again, PvP servers only) by about a 65-to-35 ratio.

In other words, every PvP server in the game is essentially going to see Imperials outnumbering Republic by (conservatively) a 2-to-1 margin. How you will see any sort of balanced open world PvP under these circumstances is hard to see.

It will be balanced because Open World PVP is instanced, no? Perhaps wait times won't be balanced but gameplay should be. Or am I misunderstanding how that works.

I was actually expecting everyone wanting to be a Jedi Knight, guess I was wrong?

PvP players gravitate to the darker, more powerful stereotypes. Most MMOs see imbalance when the factions are aligned to good/evil or light/dark.

simple math

kids and ppl with lady parts tend to flock to the good side

well adults and ppl that are borderline sociopaths tend to flock to the bad side

Sound reasoning, save I'm not certain what "ppl" are. I'm, also, not certain why transgendered individuals would have particular interest in the Sith (or people that steal lady parts).

Edited by gospelwut

It will be balanced because Open World PVP is instanced, no? Perhaps wait times won't be balanced but gameplay should be. Or am I misunderstanding how that works.

that is what i was thinking too, meaning that it would only impact battleground queue times

Warhammer online suffered because the RvR allowed for constant zergfest, 4:1 odds were common and it was probably worse since 4:1 was the highest imbalance the game could measure--it could have easily been 8:1 but the meter wouldn't know the diff

Over on the PvP forums they are saying there is a huge imbalance of the sides, anyone in-game able to shed a little light on this?

This is why I wasn't too happy to see the Old Republic follow the two factions mold that seems compulsory in MMOs nowadays. It ALWAYS ends in an imbalance and then they start to change game mechanisms, classes or whatnot to fix this unfixable problem.

Which sucks for people who don't give a damn about pvp.

Is anyone shocked?

Fake ratios by a guy who doesn't understand ratios are whole numbers, at the lowest common denominator. 5:2, 13:7...pretty sure they are made up anyway.

Over on the PvP forums they are saying there is a huge imbalance of the sides, anyone in-game able to shed a little light on this?

how can anyone gauge that? they only let in 100k today from what i understand... the game hasent even launched yet, i would wait untill the 20th before clamering for server balance.