1 Day of Early Access... yay?

Jowy

if players who have PREORDERED get in 5 days after others who have PREORDERED, i will not be playing this game, and believe me , a hell of alot of other's wont be neither.

the staggered launch has already driven plenty of people away from the game, game launches are what makes and breaks mmorpg's, and this quiet frankly is a disaster.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the tweet could be interpreted in may ways, it could be a snarky response to being bombarded with stupidity. Now yes technically as long as we get one day of early access then BW has fulfilled their part of the bargain but I have a hard time believing they are truly going to stagger things out that far unless something seriously breaks. From the sounds of it the time gap could start spreading really fast but that of course is also an interpretation.

Its easy to give into the hysteria and expect the worst but give it at least until the 15th or 16th than by all means hit the panic button.

I don't think it's fair that we have to pay 5euros extra for just one day ( if we get in the last day indeed ), while others who pay the same amount get 5 days.

Why do people keep saying that they paid $5 more than what everyone is else is paying on release date. The price for standard is $59.99 you put a $5 deposit down to pre-order and you end up paying $54.99 on the remaining balance. Its like walking into a gamestop to preorder a game. They ask that you put $5 down to hold the game and they take it out off the final price. How do I know this? Cause Ive done it several times with games in the past and thats how it always worked. And not to mention I bought my game on origin and thats exactly what was taken out of my account, $59.99 not $64.99. Just sayin.

Edited by Thalen_Loire

Totally irrelevant analog. I'll tell you why, the person pre-orderred in September don't get to play until now. And one server can allow thousands of people in, not one player per server, in McDonalds case, it is one server one customer at a time.

When I go to McDonalds, I pay the same amount for my big mac as the guy 3 spaces in front of me in line, but he gets his burger first. *** McDonalds, y u no fair?!

this is WRONG i was charged the full amount on the day i bought since when do you not get charged until the 20th?

Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $74.99

Product Name: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order Fee
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $5.00

dont really care but ive read numerous posts oh you dont pay until the 20th i payed the day i ordered from origin in the full amount and i payed 5 dollars extra for a pre order code it did say discount 5 bucks but 84.99 came out of my account ive seen before frankly if i dont get 1 day at least or 1 minute it is false advertising and im sure they will refund that 5 bucks they scammed me right hahahah

SubTotal: $79.99
                                Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Tax: $5.00
                                Total: $84.99
                                Discount: $5.00

Where did you order from? I ordered from Origin and they only charged me $5.00 the day I pre-ordered. If you read the pre-order fact it states that you are charged the full amount at initial purchase but you should see that charge reversed within 24 hrs. In the end you are only charged $5 until the 20th.

However this could be different with other retailers.

I just wonder if everyone knows what "up to" means. I found this to be the perfect statement for what is offered. You took his post incorrectly. The quote reads "You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day" At Least is the key word. Be patient.

But what buggers me, is how they've told us that they are letting more people in than was planned, and that everyone would get atleast 5 days to play in early access, but then when the early access actually starts, they only let in a minimal amount of players (livestreams I've watched only show 5-20 people in a zone at a time!) and then throw this new tweet at our face, that those who got the pre-order in late will probably only get one day! It's pretty much a slap in the face. And that is my problem with it. It's insulting your customer base. These people who pre-ordered late paid just as much money as those who pre-ordered earlier. Yet, their welcome to the game is Stephen Reid slapping them in the face and laughing at them. Ha-ha-ha, should have pre-ordered earlier, suckers!

This is where you are wrong!

Bioware never said EVERYONE would get at least 5 days to play early. They said that depending how early your pre-ordered, you could GET UP TO 5 days of early access.

You should of pre-ordered earlier.

I pre-ordered from Amazon on July 21st and I got in today 1st Wave. Obviously I wanted the game more than you did.

Zones aint really empty.

I still dont belive why people will whine about this, this has been known since the first day of preordering, that this is how its going to be - There is enough people around to group up with, they will also add more and more people each day.

So dont you worry.

For people who ordered november / december, sucks - you should have ordered earlier if you wanted in before.

Game launches the 20th, be happy that its possible to play before that.

To be honest there are people that have preordered in November that are playing now, the 20th is next tuesday so I can wait. I really don't see what the fuss will correct but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth. They didn't have to make this game just as well as the other ones and movies. Come on People!!!!

if players who have PREORDERED get in 5 days after others who have PREORDERED, i will not be playing this game, and believe me , a hell of alot of other's wont be neither.

the staggered launch has already driven plenty of people away from the game, game launches are what makes and breaks mmorpg's, and this quiet frankly is a disaster.

This is not the launch. If you want to sign on at launch, you are more than welcomed to. BW never said that all will get 7 days play time. Actually they never said that any of us would. Stop throwing a nerd rage and just be patient. We are all in the same boat. And I nor you or anyone else is going to return or preorders because we didnt get in on the first or second day.

Why do people keep saying that they paid $5 more than what everyone is else is paying on release date. The price for standard is $59.99 you put a $5 deposit down to pre-order and you end up paying $54.99 on the remaining balance. Its like walking into a gamestop to preorder a game. They ask that you put $5 down to hold the game and they take it out off the final price. How do I know this? Cause Ive done it several times with games in the past and thats how it always worked. And not to mention I bought my game on origin and thats exactly what was taken out of my account, $59.99 not $64.99. Just sayin.

it costs 79,55023 dollars on origin for swedes

Just out of curiosity, where did you get that information from?

It would definitely be unfair if that was truly how it was promised to be done.

They never said how the stagger would work, so I used common sense (like the law would) and thought they would never actually abuse a system and spread out players across 5 actual days.

I never had a promise from BW for this thought, but it was a reasonable thought based on other releases I've been in. If you pre-order you get early access, not a day or 2 but the full early access in terms of days. As I've stated before they could have staggered it out by 24 hours to get everyone in and make the day mark even though technically a few people got in hours ahead.

Zones aint really empty.

I still dont belive why people will whine about this, this has been known since the first day of preordering, that this is how its going to be - There is enough people around to group up with, they will also add more and more people each day.

So dont you worry.

For people who ordered november / december, sucks - you should have ordered earlier if you wanted in before.

Game launches the 20th, be happy that its possible to play before that.

Thank you for the bread crumbs bioware

I am going to assume that since the EGA started early and 6 waves a day that everyone will be in on the 15th.

I have to agree, personally I think all of August will get in tomorrow, Sept and October on Thursday, and then most if not all of everyone else on Friday. They're not gonna continue adding people in to the last day. The early access is used to test out server stability and to get the kinks out for the main launch. Alot of MMO's that didn't do an early access had severe server issues and crashes, even the big ones like WoW that was completely down the first day of launch do to server issues caused by massive logins overloading the server. They are gonna want a few days at near full subscribers to make sure everything is good for launch day.

Early Access is like a Soft Open before the Grand Opening of the stores. It's a way to make sure everything goes smoothly for the launch. Unless something majorly bad happens to the servers, I would bet all preorders will be in in by Friday or Saturday.

Hey man,

I've been really stoked to play this game too, but whining to the devs or cancelling your pre order only hurts you. You're not entitled to anything in this life, just be glad a talented bunch of folks from around the world spent 5+ years crafting this work of art so that all of us can dive into an amazing world we all know and love.

Respectfully,

MiistaD:cool:

I know everyone keeps saying we will get free game time even if we preordered late. Well its not free, we paid 5$ which is 1/3 of a months subscription. That is not free, getting one or two days early is still costing me 5$ for those 2 days.

That 5$ comes out of the final cost; it's not "extra."

Please learn to read things you agree to in advance. It will save all this mess in the future.

After just one day of the early game play they have I believe half of the amount of servers as in WoW. For a first day start, that's pretty damn good. Would you rather they do what Rift did and have 3-5 hundred thousand people log in at once and cause the servers to crash. If I recall correctly people were not able to play for almost a week because of that. Yet somehow people go " WHY CAN'T YOU LET US ALL IN AT ONCE?A?!?!?!?!? ". Well, that's because they'd be letting in about 1-2 million people. That wouldn't be a problem at all lol