My ssd died today while playing swtor because of many crashings.

_Zefire_

I never understand somehow people come up with the correlation between software and hardware failure. It's like saying your engine failed because you plugged in your ipod

There is no way your SSD died from crashing. The crashing was more likely caused by your failing or faulty SSD in the first place. BSOD may damage your operating system or programs ON the SSD, but by no means do failures in the operating system endanger your hardware.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again bioware.Yesterday i had 4 crashes while i was playing.Today while i pressed quit the game crashed again i saw a blue screen and my ssd died.I sent it back to the store.

So this is the game u were creating so many f years.My ssd died because of the continuous crashes of your game.

I never had a problem with crashes in any game since i bought the ssd and now with your brilliant crashing game we can burn everything we like.Thanks again

I want my money back

Solution don't buy a junk SSD.

Lol @ game crashing fried my ssd

hahahahahahahahaha

My computer:

i-7 3.26 Water Cooled and Overclocked to 5.0ghz

24 Gigs of DDR3

2x ATI 6970's Overclocked (4gb Vram)

SSD

I have not "crashed" one time, even after having the game running for 10 hours.

Edited by Sandybeaver

hahahahahahahahaha

My computer:

24 Gigs of DDR3

SSD

Dear god, I hope your computer is not the start of Skynet. :eek:

Thanks again bioware.Yesterday i had 4 crashes while i was playing.Today while i pressed quit the game crashed again i saw a blue screen and my ssd died.I sent it back to the store.

So this is the game u were creating so many f years.My ssd died because of the continuous crashes of your game.

I never had a problem with crashes in any game since i bought the ssd and now with your brilliant crashing game we can burn everything we like.Thanks again

I want my money back

So you had a faulty ssd that crashes your computer and you cry here to bioware. You don't get anything, go buy another hard drive and quit please. No crashes here.

Or the game crashed because of a poor ssd.

win!

people think that they have uber hardware and in truth they are mixing ram modules of different voltage, cheap low end hard disks, super duper sli graphic cards with a ****** power supply... the list goes on and on... and then they come here and blame bioware for their ****** cheap lowend hardware? LMAO!

hahahahahahahahaha

My computer:

24 Gigs of DDR3

SSD

and we should care about your speccs, why?

how much exactly did all that cost?

what do yo udo with it? did you cure cancer? no, you're playing GAMES. not only that, but games that aren't even able to use 50% of all that hardware properly.

my system has 12g ddr3 and i am running a lot of VM machines for developing and still have too much ram... 24gigs on a computer obviously made for gaming (judging from the the 2 gpu)? either your lying to brag or you like to throw out money for nothing.

having extra hardware "just because you can" is a waste of money and stupid most of the time. what are you running win 7 64bit? a few games and a pirated ms office? you would be fine with 8gb

Edited by zandadoum

I want my money back

/face palm

/fail

consumer ssd technology is far from mature. it is known for short lifespans and critical failures.

that's why i facepalm that people often buy them entirely to boot tehir OS from. aside from that fact win7 takes less than 30s to boot from a decent sata 2 hdd.

Oh wow, it's like it's really 2006 in here. You should seriously keep up to date with what's going on around you. Consumer SSDs are well beyond mature by this point, just admit that your only problem with them is that you can't afford one.

Intel and Samsung especially are famous for their SSDs with less than 1% 3 year failure rate and 1.5 million hour MTBF, lasting significantly longer than any ancient spinning disk tech.

My ssd is ocz vertex 2 series 180 gb i have it 4 months now and i didn't have any problem with other games nor crashings.After i played swtor crashes began to happen and on the fifth one my ssd dies.Thats how a game ruins your hardware.

Yea! Oh wait no. Software does not damage your hardware. I have had zero crashes thus far. The game runs well and I have a mid-range to high end system. Up to date, but not blow-you-away stunning either. Check your parts compatibility and also be aware who you buy your parts from. That specific ssd has horrible reviews and multiple reviews I have read said that (surprise surprise) between 3-5 months, they have been getting BSOD's and the drive has failed. Going to go out on a limb and say that they don't ALL play SWTOR so I think the real issue is the failure to research the upgrade parts you purchase for your personal computer. If you paid full price for that thing... well i hope you are rich. Also, for gaming, ssd's provide only an incremental increase in performance. You are talking, in literal terms, maybe shaving one or two seconds off of your load screens in game. You over paid (assuming you paid full price) 400$ for maybe a 5-6% increase in gaming? Don't blame BioWare for your ignorance.

Yea! Oh wait no. Software does not damage your hardware. I have had zero crashes thus far. The game runs well and I have a mid-range to high end system. Up to date, but not blow-you-away stunning either. Check your parts compatibility and also be aware who you buy your parts from. That specific ssd has horrible reviews and multiple reviews I have read said that (surprise surprise) between 3-5 months, they have been getting BSOD's and the drive has failed. Going to go out on a limb and say that they don't ALL play SWTOR so I think the real issue is the failure to research the upgrade parts you purchase for your personal computer. If you paid full price for that thing... well i hope you are rich. Also, for gaming, ssd's provide only an incremental increase in performance. You are talking, in literal terms, maybe shaving one or two seconds off of your load screens in game. You over paid (assuming you paid full price) 400$ for maybe a 5-6% increase in gaming? Don't blame BioWare for your ignorance.

Just went on Newegg to read some reviews about that SSD. People are complaining about their drive dying after less then a week. Do yourself a favor and buy a Crucial or an Intel instead.

I never understand somehow people come up with the correlation between software and hardware failure. It's like saying your engine failed because you plugged in your ipod.

I hear ya, I hate that double my speed commercial for this very reason. Some out there in the industry decide to spread false rumors just to get your money. If you're not familiar with the commercial the guy is talking about using the site to clean up your PC from virus & malware infections which can result in permanent damage to your PC...which is completely false. Most times a reformat will clear the problems & zero-fill could be used also to ensure it's wiped clean (not sure if that used for SSD too but just saying there's always a way to clean up the drives from software issues).

Sorry a bit off topic but still related to software can't cause hardware failures.

Edited by Romia

I want my money back

Your SSD did NOT die due the game client crashing. Please have a basic understanding of how computers work before you make such ridiculous statements. :rolleyes: