So, i have 34 skills, how do i fit them onto a 24 skillslot ui?

darthjerro

I know everyone here will tell me " put the skills on your left and right toolbars " but with them all the way over there, sometimes i forget i have them or just not bother using them.

Left and right toolbars are for things like quest items on use, 30 min ports, rez, buffs etc, not for putting actual skills that i use every 5 seconds on ( for me anyway ).

The left one is useless anyway as i use that for my companions hotkeys ( it takes up the whole bar )

Most my skills are keybound, but there are just too many skills to keybind and i find myself clicking a few.

Seriously though, with so many skills @ medkits etc ( i think i have around 34 i want on my middle bar atm ) you would think the original ui would hold more then 24 slots wouldnt you???

or atleast a option to have a 3rd slot bar in the middle or something, anything.....

24?

There are 48 quickslots in the game.

And you shouldnt need to keybind every single skill no matter your class.

EDIT: if them being on the left and right makes you forget them, you have other issues.

Put the lesser used skills on the left and right and the ones in your rotation at the bottom.

You shouldnt be using more than 24 skills regularly on any class.

Edited by Durzaka

24?

There are 48 quickslots in the game.

And you shouldnt need to keybind every single skill no matter your class.

I dont think you understood what i meant. the left and right Skillslots ( theres 24 more there, then my companion takes 1 over, so technically theres only 12 ) are no good to me as i only use the bottom middle quickslots for skills.....

24?

You shouldnt be using more than 24 skills regularly on any class.

I take it you dont own a tank ?

And i suppose thats the difference of being a good player and a great player.

Edit. Just counted them, i use 22 skills while running a flashpoint, not to mention buffs and medpack.

Edited by darthjerro

I edited my post, and yes i have played a tank, but i primarily dps.

You used 22 skills in a flashpoint, you shouldnt need to keybind buffs because you shouldnt be using them often enough to keybind them.

And if you need to use medpacs then your healing is an issue, that isnt BioWares fault.

They provide 48 quickslots, use them. if you forget you have a medpac because its on the side slot, how is that their fault?

EDIT: about companion, it doesnt need to be extended all the time (at east it shouldnt, but with the bug resetting skills its needed, but its not there in flash points) and im not entirely sure, but can you use keybinds on that bar if the companion bar is over it?

Edited by Durzaka

You used 22 skills in a flashpoint, you shouldnt need to keybind buffs because you shouldnt be using them often enough to keybind them.

And if you need to use medpacs then your healing is an issue, that isnt BioWares fault.

They provide 48 quickslots, use them. if you forget you have a medpac because its on the side slot, how is that their fault?

Nothings their fault, they just made a very " limited " ui is all.

But they are making a new one so i guess in the end, it doesnt really matter.

Nothings their fault, they just made a very " limited " ui is all.

But they are making a new one so i guess in the end, it doesnt really matter.

Hardly, the quickslots are all there, its a personal fault if you cant remember because something is maybe 6 inches to the left or right.

I played WoW (PvP and raided, although no hardcore progression) with the default UI and keybindings for 6 years. Not healing, that would have been awful.

haha, not to worry mate, recount is coming soon also and i cant wait...This is coming from a tanks perspective also btw.

I mostly liked how organized i had everything..

I'm alittle OCD..

Not to mention the text on everything was readable.

Seriously, bioware, fix the text issue..

Edited by acheros

EDIT: about companion, it doesnt need to be extended all the time (at east it shouldnt, but with the bug resetting skills its needed, but its not there in flash points) and im not entirely sure, but can you use keybinds on that bar if the companion bar is over it?

Dude, the OP's point is that the UI is horse****, which it is. Every bad thing has a workaround, but that doesn't make that thing any less bad.

I miss my old WoW ui..

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o329/ninjawarrioranito/WoWScrnShot_100410_230006.jpg

BTW, if you look at recount, i'm kyris <.<

/e-peen flex.

Blerg! That screenie gave me horrible flashbacks of EvE Online - just say to no MMOSSGs - Massively Multiplayer Online Spreadsheet Games.

Seriously though, have you considered trimming your rotation? You say you used 22 skills, but how often did you use them? As an example, my Assassin has all his Stealth buttons on the bottom half of the right quickbar - most of them only get clicked once at the beginning of a fight, so constant observation is unnecessary.

Troll...dont feed the troll!

I miss my old WoW ui..

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o329/ninjawarrioranito/WoWScrnShot_100410_230006.jpg

BTW, if you look at recount, i'm kyris <.<

/e-peen flex.

This post makes me glad there is no UI customization. May as well be playing a text adventure game with all that clutter on that UI.

Not to mention the fact that Blizz has to design raid content with keeping in mind people using BS add-ons that make fights much easier.

I'd rather not Bioware allow addons at all.

Edited by iResist

Blerg! That screenie gave me horrible flashbacks of EvE Online - just say to no MMOSSGs - Massively Multiplayer Online Spreadsheet Games.

Seriously though, have you considered trimming your rotation? You say you used 22 skills, but how often did you use them? As an example, my Assassin has all his Stealth buttons on the bottom half of the right quickbar - most of them only get clicked once at the beginning of a fight, so constant observation is unnecessary.

Here are the list of skills I use...every single fight:

Storm

Harpoon

Taunt

Pulse Cannon

Ion Pulse

Gut

Stockstrike

Sticky Bomb

Hammer Shot

High Energy Blast

Cryo Grenade

AE Stun (Cant remember name)

Meditate skill (whatever its called)

Skills I use that I use at least every 2-3 fights and almost every fight in FPs

Shield

Adrenaline

Unstun skill (Whatever its called for Troopers lol)

Recharge and Reload

Skill that gives me an ammo free hit (cant remember name either lol)

Medpacs (If needed)

Relic

Relic

Mortar Shot

So that comes to a total of: 13 skills I use every single fight and 9 more that I use very often... for a total of 22 skills that are used on a constant basis...

having to use 13 skills every single fight is completely crazy and then using 22 on most fights is even worse..

Skills should be merged together so there is less of them...And this isnt even close to the complete list of all the skills I have that I use on a lesser basis...I have skills that I have taken off my bars completely because I only use them "occasionally"

This UI is killing me...I haven't seen a UI this bad since...Since EQ1's original UI...

Edited by Trevalon

No. Companion bar overrides. :(

Had an in-depth description of what my keybindings were but I clicked the wrong button and it got erased =(

To make it short - whatever your mainbar's keybindings are, just map the bottom-center bar the same way but with either a shift+, ctrl+, or alt+ modifier (dunno if the last two are options but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they are). That is 24 right there at the bottom of your screen. Go to your settings and move the companion toolbar to the left or right side and you can have all 22 of your skills with your companion's on-screen...although you shouldn't need your companion in a flashpoint or raid, can't use him/her in a warzone, and it's doubtful you'll need all those skills for open world PvP. As far as I know, this is the best option you have until they change the UI or allow add-ons.

If I had the right mouse what I would do is map the modifier keys to mouse buttons I don't use. I'm pretty sure you can use ctrl and alt for keybindings but if I'm wrong then just ignore this section. Ctrl is a pain for me to reach with my pinky while simultaneously reaching for any other key so in LOTRO I mapped it to an empty mouse button. It was awkward at first but if I had stuck with the game I'm sure I would have gotten used to it. It's an idea...

For the most part I categorize my abilities so if I know what kind of ability I want to use I would just switch to that particular panel to access the ability I want. Sometimes there are odd abilities that don't have a specific category so I just remember where I put those abilities. If I could hide individual panels and make them reveal on key-press (those that played LOTRO probably know what I'm talking about) I would litereally only have one skillbar showing at a time. That's just me. I know my dad likes to have his skills visible.

Hopefully that is helpful or gives you some ideas. No the UI is not perfect but it works well enough to allow people to play the game. Maybe it won't let some people play the way they like but those people will just have to wait.

This post makes me glad there is no UI customization. May as well be playing a text adventure game with all that clutter on that UI.

Not to mention the fact that Blizz has to design raid content with keeping in mind people using BS add-ons that make fights much easier.

I'd rather not Bioware allow addons at all.

Is that where your imagination stops? Have you even seen other custom UIs? They will blow any mmo's UI away. Don't base your stuff on one picture.