Update 7.5 .... completely disappointed!

With the new event this game is becoming a servant or slave simulator.  First, we were ushered into the kitchen to cook and wait tables after that. Now they are going to force us out into the field.  Exactly what you would expect a hero that saved the galaxy to be doing - cooking, waiting tables, and planting crops for someone else...

The visual improvements just seemed to be adding fog or haziness.  Perhaps it will look better than the previews, but if the quality is the same as the preview, they should leave the visuals unchanged.    

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 2:12 PM, orichichan said:

Don't forget new customizations too. More hairstyles would be nice.

Bruh, they literally announced that on the stream

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 2

It's one of the few things you can guarantee in life that the swtor livestream will always be remarkably light on content & extremely disappointing.   Still exactly what I expected at least!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, onemoreround said:

It's one of the few things you can guarantee in life that the swtor livestream will always be remarkably light on content & extremely disappointing.   Still exactly what I expected at least!

SWTOR "livestream" as in pre-recorded right?

6 minutes ago, orichichan said:

So I need to see the other ones. :t_smile:

Hopefully on PTS.

2 minutes ago, BallisticKaine said:

SWTOR "livestream" as in pre-recorded right?

They acknowledge the chat sometimes, so I think it's live. If it was prerecorded, they would flow better as they change topics and personnel.

• Haha 1

Just now, Traceguy said:

They acknowledge the chat sometimes, so I think it's live. If it was prerecorded, they would flow better as they change topics and personnel.

And that pause and effect could be just that to make it seem like it was. But did they acknowledge chat specific or as a general response?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, denajii said:

Starting to feel like I'm the only one whose excited for the new things coming

Are you looking forward to SWTOR SIMS/Animal Crossing?

No real new content, ignoring the player base on aspects of the game.

Don't you feel cheated for being a subscriber and getting drip content that no one asked for?

Edited by BallisticKaine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, denajii said:

I am absolutely excited about what's coming so you're not alone. The Besalisk, Hutta's new appearance (that skybox is sooooo nice and the new atmosphere is gorgeous, it gives everything so much more depth), and the event (We'll get new plants decos, how could I not be excited XD). I don't have a big opinion on the story, I suppose we'll see for that part.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, AFadedMemory said:

When you realize that 1,000 year long subscriptions  isn't enough the cover 2 game developers being paid the US national average ($91,000). BS has more the 2 employees on this project. 

Don't get wrong, I think the farm event is literal garbage. but expecting "I'm a subscriber listen to me" to modify behavior you going to be disappoint. I bet it be different if the people who are buying the 14500 CC where to say I subscribe and buy x amount of the best deal package, I'm disappoint with the game and the purchase of cc on such and such date will be my last time spending money unless things change.

I think you're missing my point

My point is we are paying for story and game play in the Star Wars universe

I can play Stardew valley, fFarmville, or a host of other cozy games for free if i so chose

Also it is not that i am demanding they do everything i say, it's more like the value of the product for the price paid

5 minutes ago, denajii said:

Nah, I think the farm stuff looks neat. Way more interesting than yet another flashpoint I'll run once then never touch again, and I mean that sincerely. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DakhathKilrathi said:

Way more interesting than yet another flashpoint I'll run once then never touch again

They gave us Shrine of Silence, which I really love, and it was executed perfectly. But a lot of people hate it to the point where they filter it out or drop the group when it's picked.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

They gave us Shrine of Silence, which I really love, and it was executed perfectly. But a lot of people hate it to the point where they filter it out or drop the group when it's picked.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I thought Shrine of Silence was really well done. But in general I don't really bother with flashpoints as this point because there's just no reason to. And when I do, it's because I'm ticking off a weekly, so like everyone else I go for the shortest ones. 

• Like 1

I don't really care about the new stuff its fine some people will like it. The elephant in the room here is that they haven't ever promised or even said they are working on New Flash Points,New Ops, any class balancing or changes. I feel like those of that prefer a more hardcore type game play experience should be acknowledged and it is obvious that we aren't. I propose a boycott we can give them a time line to tell us if these things are being developed or going to be developed in future up dates or not. It isn't fair to just ignore the fact that we exist. But it seems if we don't actively get together and boycott or at least threaten to they are content to ignore us and never give us any piece of mind.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BallisticKaine said:

Don't you feel cheated for being a subscriber and getting drip content that no one asked for?

I don't feel cheated on things I'm actually looking forward to

I wouldn't feel cheated even if the livestream showed off updates toward pvp and gsf, modes that I won't touch anymore even with a 10ft pole, or a flashpoint/operation I'd enjoy 4 times at most before it became a chore to do

• Like 3

The most insulting part is that the devs were gigling like school kids with excitement for all that was announced...there is nothing of interest in it.  I'm happy with the way Hutta looks, the new gear is pretty plain, I'm not testing stuff on the PTS that is someone elses job and that Basilik droid pet was implied as a given back when we first hit Runik, I'm not giving up a kidney for it.

Really disappointed with the game update and the dev excitement for it.

• Haha 1

I mean maybe the idea of farming isn't exciting to you, but players complained a long time when we didn't get new events for a while. The last main event like this was 2 or 3 years with Feast of Prosperity. So, we get new events every now and then to freshen up things. New events are part of the new things players wanted. Not to mention this is an addition on event rotation. Right now, on spring we would only have the normal rotation of events, but with this new event we now have an extra event that adds more things to do when nightlife, feast and life day aren't active. It adds more things to do and options for players to choose what activities to engage with. 

We still get new planets, and I mean Kessan may not be a new planet, but the new area functions exactly like a new planet would, so I think we still get a fair bit of that. 

I think the issue with flashpoints is how many players engage with new ones. Majority of the players prefer just playing the vanilla flashpoints to grind XP, or when there's galactic season they prefer to run those.  Story players also are tired having to do a ton of flashpoints mandatory to progress the story. 

Operations also have the same issue, where people run specific ones and then newer ones are run much less. Not to mention that operations isn't as easy to group up with like flashpoints.

I think overall is just a rotation of things they can do; they can't deliver on every category for every update, so they tackle what people engage with the most and roate what to tackle each update. 

I always welcome more content and the fact we are getting more things and not just a story update is better. Not to mention we didn't have seasons before. Galactic seasons and pvp seasons have added a lot more things to get with nice earnable rewards, instead of only cartel market getting the stuff.

• Like 1

I expected nothing and was still disappointed.

So new Cartel Market item customizations...that should have been free to begin with, but hey...gotta nickel and dime where you can I guess.

Farming simulator-esque event/grind

I'll be back when this game actually drops MMORPG style and size content drops. I'll grab a snickers while I'm at it cause I know it will be awhile. Hell, still nothing on GSF.

***Word to the Devs*** If ya'll trying to passively say you do not care about growing the game beyond 10-20min drip feed story and cartel items then you are a doing a bang up job. So glad I canceled my sub. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This game is a shell of what it could be and even what it was. 
The game has just lost so much of what it already had in service of dumbing it down. 

Whats the point of new companions if they all do the same things? Before a new companion like HK or Treek had actual differences to the vanilla companions. 

Why would i care about a FP when the rewards are subpar? And i'm being generous about being subpar. Gear? Useless. Drops? A lousy deco, long gone are the days special mounts could drop from a fp.

Why would i want a new event when it adds nothing? I haven't done an event since nightlife event was released for the first time. Gree and Nightlife had actual qol rewards when released, now is just cosmetics that are ugly in comparison to what it's there on the CM.

This game has long ago stopped creating content as their main attraction to the game and it's all centered into some people opening their wallets to make their characters look "pretty" and creating treadmill seasons so those that open their wallet see there are people still playing. If what you care is about content and having fun with that content then this game is just not for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jyork said:

Why do you all never listen to the majority of people with what they want to see?  We want content like a new Flashpoint, a new Operation .... A NEW CLASS ... A NEW PLAYABLE RACE, A NEW PLANET!  A NEW WARZONE! ... Ranked PVP ... hell 24 man Operations .... anything but a FARM and pie making ... wth is that crap!

Yeah, I'm not renewing my sub for this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, BallisticKaine said:

No, because there are more important things in my life to get mad about than the content in a video game. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.