Thread on unsubbing purged?

29 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

If, for saying a number out of my head, 1-5% of suggestions were taken into account and all the complains people say daily about devs not listening to the community, maybe the forum is not the best course of action?
If i say i dislike something but keep buying it the people that make the product have no reason to change because i will still keep buying it. 
Whatever change happened in the past was more than likely not because of a forum posts, but people unsubing over it. This is a company that wants to earn money, money is what will drive their decisions not a few angry words in the forum

Let me repeat, this is the only option we have to communicate with them as a group - everything else, you're on your own. From recent memory, 50% unlock discount over Life Day, and then some combat style tree adjustments (specifically, sniper) were re-evaluated as a result of people speaking out in the forum. Doing what you said usually means people gave up hope things would ever change - people who're posting still have hope, for better or worse.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

Let me repeat, this is the only option we have to communicate with them as a group - everything else, you're on your own. From recent memory, 50% unlock discount over Life Day, and then some combat style tree adjustments (specifically, sniper) were re-evaluated as a result of people speaking out in the forum. Doing what you said usually means people gave up hope things would ever change - people who're posting still have hope, for better or worse.

The forum is used by a small percentage of an already small population. You can have all the hope in the world, but that is not how things actually change. Money speaks, company losing stock value speaks, company getting caught in a controversy and getting picked up by the media speaks and all of those create fast changes. 
If the forum communication worked the game wouldn't been in the same downward spiral it has been for years. It's like the phrase "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".
If you like the game or accept the state the game is or the way its going it's okay, if not some words and you still giving them money won't change a thing.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

Every "i hate the devs/game post" that is started on a Friday is a calculated operation, hoping to build enough mass over the weekend to matter, even if it is in reality just totally insignificant.

Who’s behind those operations? Which evil force is slandering Broadsword’s good name? Illuminati? Freemasons? Russian bots? Blizzard??

• Haha 1

Just now, Whykara said:

Who’s behind those operations? Which evil force is slandering Broadsword’s good name? Illuminati? Freemasons? Russian bots? Blizzard??

Duh, you forgot the obvios answer. Palpatine.
Somehow... Palpatine returned

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SoontirMorillo said:

I guess, it is more about starting a healthy discussion about a topic. A bunch of people coming together, saying they want to unsub with posts like e.g. "+1" numerous times, without giving any reasons on why, or suggestions on what can be done, is not initiating a discussion, let alone a healthy discussion. There was simply no point to that thread.

This isn't quiet true.  The reason was given, people were mad about conquest stealth nerfs, and the suggestion to what can be done was to just reverse it.  That said I couldn't care either way, and thought it was funny that this is what was breaking the camel's back for some people. Especially when the devs have a history of making dumb and pointless decisions that alienate the player time and time again, especially since the launch of 7.0 already nerfed conquest rewards & progression and these people stuck around through that.  Oh well.  The only thing that sucks for me, is that I have notifications that people replied, and I don't even know what they said anymore, cause the thread got deleted.  /shrug oh well life goes on.

6 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

The forum is used by a small percentage of an already small population.

Yeah, everyone knows that. Doesn't mean it should be disregarded. Otherwise why is it here the first place?

8 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

You can have all the hope in the world, but that is not how things actually change.

Yes, that's how things change. Not always, but often.

14 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

Money speaks, company losing stock value speaks, company getting caught in a controversy and getting picked up by the media speaks and all of those create fast changes. 
If the forum communication worked the game wouldn't been in the same downward spiral it has been for years. It's like the phrase "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".
If you like the game or accept the state the game is or the way its going it's okay, if not some words and you still giving them money won't change a thing.

Both work. In any relationship - and yes, business relationship with a game company is still a relationship - you start by talking. If talks fail, you try something else - withdrawing money for example. If that fails too, you may end the relationship. Some people bail at the first sign of trouble (which is what you're advocating for), and some try to work through it (sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't). Those who post their grievances on this forum are trying to work through it, for better or worse, and may follow up (or not) with more drastic measures later. You may disagree - that's your right.

12 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

Both work. In any relationship - and yes, business relationship with a game company is still a relationship - you start by talking. If talks fail, you try something else - withdrawing money for example. If that fails too, you may end the relationship. Some people bail at the first sign of trouble (which is what you're advocating for), and some try to work through it (sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't). Those who post their grievances on this forum are trying to work through it, for better or worse, and may follow up (or not) with more drastic measures later. You may disagree - that's your right.

The game has been on a downward spiral since it opened, this is not recent issue and people baling out at the "first sign of trouble". I personally do not care about conquest at all, because i never did it. The game for years showed they did not listen to their customers, suggestions fell on deaf years, people getting tired of being not heard/silenced/forgotten. People have gone through with what you are going through now "holding out hope", did you know where did that got them to? Nowhere.
Maybe you have been happy till now with the conquest changes, well millions of people were unhappy for years and thats why they all quit. What is left is the people that were still okay with how things were going.

Edited by xxSHOONYxx
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

The game has been on a downward spiral since it opened, this is not recent issue and people baling out at the "first sign of trouble". I personally do not care about conquest at all, because i never did it. The game for years showed they did not listen to their customers, suggestions fell on deaf years, people getting tired of being not heard/silenced/forgotten. People have gone through with what you are going through now "holding out hope", did you know where did that got them to? Nowhere.
Maybe you have been happy till now with the conquest changes, well millions of people were unhappy for years and thats why they all quit. What is left is the people that were still okay with how things were going.

Lots of assumptions and lots of doom and gloom. Not sure what you're trying to achieve considering you're still here yourself. Which incidentally means, you still have hope yourself, or you'd be gone by now.

Most of us have been here long enough to know the state of the game - where it's been, and what it's become. So, if you think you're providing new information, think again.

And yes, many were still OK, even if relatively so, until this patch dropped and broke things on so many levels, the biggest of which being people not being able to login for a week after the patch release.

Edited by VegaMist
Typos
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tantala said:

There was quite a long thread concerning people who said they were going to unsub.

Am I going blind or has it been purged?

You do realise that just discussing actions taken by them is also against the TOS 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eabevella said:

Just look at how Larian Studio and how BroadSword treat their paying customers.

Communication is kinda a joke here.

I don't know Larian Studio very well. But how exactly does Larian Studio treat their paying customers differently, when the latest live content patch introduced a game breaking bug? How do they communicate it and how long does it usually take them to fix it, so that everyone can play the new content?

Maybe you can provide the answers, so that i have a better understanding on how i can compare these two studios.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

7 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

You do realise that just discussing actions taken by them is also against the TOS 🤦‍♀️

Technically asking a question is not discussion ...

18 minutes ago, Tantala said:

Technically asking a question is not discussion ...

Technically everything they write in their ToS is binding. It does not matter if the very definition of a word or a context is perceived different in the public.

In Germany we have the DB. Deutsche Bundesbahn. Trains. In their terms of service it is stated that every train with a delay less than 10 minutes is considered to be "on time". It is, what it is.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

35 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

In Germany we have the DB. Deutsche Bundesbahn. Trains. In their terms of service it is stated that every train with a delay less than 10 minutes is considered to be "on time". It is, what it is.

And in Japan, they apologize if a train is late by seconds - different cultures.

READ THIS:
On getting criticism – Raph's Website (raphkoster.com)

For devs and players. Old but Gold.

Everyone who dislikes your work is right.
You have to dig to get the gold.

People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

and another important quote out of that blog:

If you agree with the criticism, say “thank you.” If you disagree, say “fair enough,” and “thank you.”

Edited by fabsus
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

I don't know Larian Studio very well. But how exactly does Larian Studio treat their paying customers differently, when the latest live content patch introduced a game breaking bug? How do they communicate it and how long does it usually take them to fix it, so that everyone can play the new content?

Maybe you can provide the answers, so that i have a better understanding on how i can compare these two studios.

They added the option to change appearance when it's demanded.

They also added a new mechanism so that you can more easily manage the gears and inventories of all your inactive companions (you can only take 3 with you as a group, and before this you can only access the gear and inventory window in your active group, it's a pain in the *** if you switch your companions often), a huge QoL thing people demanded.

They made a new Honor Mode. It's not just a simple "one save only" mode with nothing new. it's essentially a new NiM mode, all bosses are given new special abilities that fit their profiles.

There is also a new Custom mode for players to adjust some of the in game difficulties/settings.

They added an epilogue party scene after the original end scene because the original end scene is honestly lackluster and people were rightfully angry about it. Now players can have interaction with their companions at the party and see the consequences and aftermath of their choices throughout the game. It's very well made and well received.

They made a new cutscene to give a certain companion a better ending because a lot of people were angry about the lack of proper ending for that companion before the epilogue party was added. Tbf I think they need to rework the companion's whole quest but I understand that won't happen unless there's a definite version a year or 2 later.

They made a companion who can be only obtained by making the "evil" choice at the critical moment in act1 accessible by people who make the "good" choice. It is a highly demanded option because the evil route lock people out of a lot of BiS gears and contents in act 2/3 that are tied to the NPCs you lost due to the evil choice, a lot of players simply won't/can't do it.

Yes, the companion is buggy and has new bugs after every hotfixe where the devs tried to fix her, but she's never meant to be a companion for the good route to begin with, and the players understand adding a new mechanic (basically a loophole) to code her into a "good" route will break things in unexpected ways, so most people don't take it as a personal attack.

Those big changes with new features comes from Patches, BG3 has 6 Patches since Aug/2023.

Hotfix comes in between Patches for emergency fix usually the actual game breaking types, or dialogue bugs that affect companions since it's a major selling point of the game.

Larian put out a new hotfix on 3/18 to fix a couple dialogue bug the above mentioned companion has after the last hotfix (released on 3/8 so 10 days ago) and they owned it and explained that they f up when trying to fix her other dialogue tree issue. It's honest more a meme now because of course she refused to be fixed lol

They removed the number meter in character creation (0-100 for the slider of make-up, freckles, age etc.) in the recent patch and people hated it (people write down the number of their character creating meters to create the same character to try all the AU story they want to see), so they reversed it back in the next hotfix.

They also buffed up a boss in a companion's final personal quest so that said boss lives up to his reputation. He used to be a meme because people laughed and complained about how they were disappointed by how weak he was, but now he is very scary to an unprepared party in high difficulty. He basically got stronger in every patch it's amusing to see. Once he got too strong after a major patch and had to be hotfixed fast lol

Most of the romance tag issues in vanilla game were fixed. And some of the dialogue options that confused people (I just want to see a cool magic trick, I don't know it means magic trick in the pants) were changed so people can read the scene more clear. A certain companion being "gay" for no reason used to be such a meme.

I've never met any game breaking bug with my 100+ mods installed (those do break the game especially between major patches) during my 1000+ hours of game play through all the Patches since Jul/2023. There are some I do know that's not introduced by mods because Larian usually admits it when it's a vanilla game bug:

Patch 4 was bad. It is probably the worst patch so far and no one in their right mind can say it's good. It tanked performance in the final act (act3) and also introduced huge bugs like companions being frozen, mission items disappearing etc. The game was pretty unplayable for a while in act3, especially if you play the PS5 version. Larian had patched it and made a public letter saying they'll be better at making sure a patch is stable in the future. Patch 5/6 are mostly stable on PC. There was a bug where you could lose your mission items but that's been patched. Another huge bug that was driving me and a lot of players crazy was when we kiss my companion, we are kissing the air instead of each other. But that's also been patched and we also get new kisses now so it's all good. Vendor/Trading window was broken in the recent patch which is pretty major but it's hotfixed. The biggest game breaking bug recently that I can think is a certain interactive object won't register the item inserted to open a certain door, I'm not sure if it's fixed yet but you can use a spell to open the otherwise can't-be-opend-by-magic door (ironically due to a vanilla bug lol) so it's not dooms day. There is another bug that can screw you in honor mode: sometimes the dialogue options won't show and if you click the placeholder "continue" the game will select a "default" option that might f you up when you can't save/load. It's not fixed as far I'm concerned and it's annoying when it happens.

There was a game breaking bug regarding player losing their save files on XBox a while ago but that was a Microsoft problem. Funny thing was, I saw Larian did most of the communication, making progress updates, providing ways to make back ups etc., while Microsoft being mostly silent. It was fixed eventually but that's a major f-up.

Of course the game is not perfect. I think Larian rushed Act3 and certain companions were rushed too. There need to be a transmog system and preview dye window, ironically the other 2 things SWTOR wins other than the fully voice acted protagonists. But Larian did add a lot of things according to their player feedback, so despite the bugs and flaws, most people are way more forgiving because we know Larian is trying to improve their product and adds new things we actually want even though they don't have to and could leave the game as it was at release.

• Like 1

I really need to stop coming here.  I've unsubbed and quit playing on my two accounts but I have played this game on and off since release and it is difficult to finally cut the cord,  I'm now enjoying my (return to) ESO which is several orders of complexity above SWTOR.  Having said which, the most difficult part of the transition was retraining my fingers - I still keep hitting SWTOR keybindings from muscle memory.

For those of you still playing I wish you all the best and I hope that somehow the state of the game improves.

And this will, I think, be my last post in this forum unless there is some major turnaround.

I may, of course, still lurk in read-only mode :)

• Like 1

Big brother is watching.  I have warned about this YEARS ago on this forum and said that the new people in charge are relentless in deleting any posts or threads they do not personally agree with or will "make the game look bad" which is why I left the forums and no longer posted.  people called me insane, crazy and I am overreacting or being a conspiracy theorist.  I'm not.  I see patterns in things.  especially behavior and human psyche.  I'm trained in doing so.  Think watcher 2 style ;)

Have fun on your "free and open star wars discussion forum!" lol

post getting nuked in 3....2....1...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, VegaMist said:

Lots of assumptions and lots of doom and gloom. Not sure what you're trying to achieve considering you're still here yourself. Which incidentally means, you still have hope yourself, or you'd be gone by now.

Most of us have been here long enough to know the state of the game - where it's been, and what it's become. So, if you think you're providing new information, think again.

Haven't logged in around 5 months when i friend asked me to sub for a team of his and i quit all my teams around 1 year ago. Still fun to log on forum and see people doing the same mistakes though.
When you see the history and track the game has, is closer to facts than doom and gloom.

If you have been here then you know, unless of course everything else they made that made millions leave was not your cup of tea so "it was not your problem" or didn't pay attention to it. Because that's the funny part about it, whenever they came after something and took it away from the game or stopped the production of it, usually those that are not into that part of the game take the devs side because i guess they think "more content for us", and then they are the next the devs come for. And all the complains and suggestions keep going into deaf ears.

19 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

"more content for us", and then they are the next the devs come for.

Tried saying that years ago. And as you say, it fell on deaf ears there too. 

The one thing I’ve learnt from my experiences with this game, is be careful what you wish for because it’s never watch you expect. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

The one thing I’ve learnt from my experiences with this game, is be careful what you wish for because it’s never watch you expect. 

Have you ever read "The Lathe of Heaven" by Ursula K. Le Guin? Great illustration of "be careful what you wish for". 

• Like 1

Saw this yesterday, and yes, it was purged, as will be this one. Doesn't change anything, I'm still unsubbing (and not playing as preferred) if the rep cq isn't restored (or overall cq reduced back to the original 50K).

• Like 4