Thread on unsubbing purged?

It's crazy that they haven't deleted this entire thread yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that they haven't. It's honestly been refreshing to actually be able to talk about their moderation practices. And I don't mean discussions about specific acts of moderation, which several posters here have done and I understand why BroadSword must eventually moderate if nothing else but for consistency.

But more generally it's been nice to have the ability to have a discussion about BroadSword's tendency to over-censor posters and the ridiculousness of some of their justifications for censorship. One of the (intended?) effects of BroadSword's rule against "posting about moderation" is that you literally cannot have a conversation about anything if BroadSword deems it "otherwise objectionable." You often see this with posts that are critical of BroadSword, subsequently censored for being less than positive, and as a result bar the conversation entirely. 

BroadSword will inevitably delete this thread, but before they do I hope this thread spurs thoughtful discussions among the Forum Moderation Team about fighting the urge to be trigger happy with the censor button and allowing respectful dialogue that might not necessarily be completely positive. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

On 3/18/2024 at 6:25 PM, Whykara said:

Who’s behind those operations? Which evil force is slandering Broadsword’s good name? Illuminati? Freemasons? Russian bots? Blizzard??

Gotta be those yahoo's at Blizzard 😒

• Haha 6

On 3/19/2024 at 5:23 AM, Tantala said:

I really need to stop coming here.  I've unsubbed and quit playing on my two accounts but I have played this game on and off since release and it is difficult to finally cut the cord,  I'm now enjoying my (return to) ESO which is several orders of complexity above SWTOR.  Having said which, the most difficult part of the transition was retraining my fingers - I still keep hitting SWTOR keybindings from muscle memory.

For those of you still playing I wish you all the best and I hope that somehow the state of the game improves.

And this will, I think, be my last post in this forum unless there is some major turnaround.

I may, of course, still lurk in read-only mode :)

That's hilarious because I'm quite convinced that the same six haters on the SWTOR forums are also Doom-singing on the  ESO forums and have been since launch...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2024 at 7:30 PM, Traceguy said:

The "+1 unhappy" thread was close to being 50/50. Some with reasons, some just "+1", I expected that one to be locked as soon as it popped up. The thread in question for this topic though had discussions going on. But I guess @SoontirMorillo is correct about it not being a healthy discussion.

I wonder just how many of those +1 will still be posting here on the forums next month, the month after etc etc.

As for this thread itself..

TBH those sorts of threads are pointless ,because no ones really going to care. Rage quits threads have been posted since I've been a member, Other than a few who once posted regularly and no longer post, and not posted in a few years. Most still post. or leave for a few weeks and come back. may of quit or just not posted is anyone's guess. 

For a game that is 12 years old, this game is still doing OK in terms of numbers. Sure it's not like in it's heyday but did anyone think it would be. Not that many games last 12 years. Sure I know some of you can name a few that have, but compare that to how many are not going now. 

So if players are going to leave, just leave. You always get the change when unsubbing to give a reason in feedback on the un-subbing form. That's where you put your reasons. Not here, as said no one cares, it's not like it's going to make me unsub as well. 

Having a talk about what you like or dislike is what the forums are for. Rage quit threads! is not about a discussion. It's a statement. A pointless one at that. 

Edited by cloneofdax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cloneofdax said:

So if players are going to leave, just leave. You always get the change when unsubbing to give a reason in feedback on the un-subbing form. That's where you put your reasons. Not here, as said no one cares, it's not like it's going to make me unsub as well. 

No! They have to tell you that the game is dying and more importantly why it's dying!!! I mean yeah they have said it for 12 years but this time it's really, really,  really,  really,  really,*GASP*  really,  really,  really  dying and their grand display of leaving the game will show them all that it is in fact, and without a doubt, really, really,  really,  really,  really, *GASP*  really,  really,  really dying this time

Seriously I better stop before I get them all riled up and they trot out the old "Tortanic" trope...😒

Edited by Jett-Rinn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, cloneofdax said:

Jett-Rinn

Thanks, your post really made my day. 😀

Spread the joy I always say lol

just to wrap this whole subbing/Unsubbing thing up...

I'm lucky I've been going through the game again with a new player, and seeing it fresh through their eyes... Bioware did so much right with this game and they didn't get a lot of credit and that's a shame, yeah they made a lot of mistakes like catering to hardcore raiding, and trying to compete with WoW when the game launched...but they also did a lot of great storytelling and (whether you like tab targeting or not) fun gameplay.

But... SWTOR is now being maintained, I just don't think there isn't going to be any more giant expansions or huge changes, I say accept it and enjoy the game for what it is...as toxic as the forums are our in-game community has evolved into for the most part a great welcoming group of people...especially our simply awesome RPG community...

There is a lot to like in this game and it can still bring in new players and keep them playing even after the story content has been played out...and let's face it that cash shop gets a workout by a lot of folks...so the game isn't going anywhere.

If you have started to furiously write your rebuttal to this...don't bother you are not going to move the discussion meter my mind won't be changed and neither will yours.

Hopefully going forward all of us can find something that makes us happy whether it's in a galaxy Far Far away or not.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2024 at 9:54 AM, Jett-Rinn said:

No! They have to tell you that the game is dying and more importantly why it's dying!!! I mean yeah they have said it for 12 years but this time it's really, really,  really,  really,  really,*GASP*  really,  really,  really  dying and their grand display of leaving the game will show them all that it is in fact, and without a doubt, really, really,  really,  really,  really, *GASP*  really,  really,  really dying this time

Seriously I better stop before I get them all riled up and they trot out the old "Tortanic" trope...😒

and 5-10 years later Swtor will still be around.

• Like 1