Thread on unsubbing purged?

12 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Purged. Likely a violation of the TOS for the forums.

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934204-how-many-people-are-unsubbing/

ETA:

Guessing "threatening" to unsubscribe counts?

I guess, it is more about starting a healthy discussion about a topic. A bunch of people coming together, saying they want to unsub with posts like e.g. "+1" numerous times, without giving any reasons on why, or suggestions on what can be done, is not initiating a discussion, let alone a healthy discussion. There was simply no point to that thread.

Edited by SoontirMorillo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

I guess, it is more about starting a healthy discussion about a topic. A bunch of people coming together, saying they want to unsub, without giving any reasons on why, or suggestions on what can be done, is not initiating a discussion, let alone a healthy discussion. There was simply no point to that thread.

i hadn't looked in a few days cuz i was busy with work, but they were giving reasons why...

5 minutes ago, Chryptyk said:

i hadn't looked in a few days cuz i was busy with work, but they were giving reasons why...

The "+1 unhappy" thread was close to being 50/50. Some with reasons, some just "+1", I expected that one to be locked as soon as it popped up. The thread in question for this topic though had discussions going on. But I guess @SoontirMorillo is correct about it not being a healthy discussion.

48 minutes ago, Thraka said:

If that isn't a clear concession that lots of people are unsubbing, I don't know what is.

Yes, we're all leaving, the game is doomed, it has been since day one blah blah blah...🙄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jett-Rinn said:

Yes, we're all leaving, the game is doomed, it has been since day one blah blah blah...🙄

People should be able to express themselves. I quit when I want and sub when I want. But if people are upset and un subbing they should be able to express it without being squelched by the powers to be. Try that trick on google reviews and see what happens.

Criticize something you are un happy with. Everyone does it in 2024. Broadsword just does not like it just like most people getting criticized. That is why the topic got nuked. Because they can.

• Thanks 14

16 minutes ago, Jett-Rinn said:

I doubt everyone is leaving, but those that made the post should be heard.     

• Like 3

It's funny but makes sense in a way. "Bulling" staff members for the bad job they did.
The have the right to delete whatever they want though since it's their game and their forum. The same right any subscriber and CM enjoyer has to stop spending money on them. 
If something has been clear from the start with this game is that writing here changes basically nothing (either because it's deleted or goes into deaf ears) your wallet will.
If you want to make a statement just write the reason why you quit on your signature 

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

2 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

It's funny but makes sense in a way. "Bulling" staff members for the bad job they did.
The have the right to delete whatever they want though since it's their game and their forum. The same right any subscriber and CM enjoyer has to stop spending money on them. 
If something has been clear from the start with this game is that writing here changes basically nothing (either because it's deleted or goes into deaf ears) your wallet will.
If you want to make a statement just write the reason why you quit on your signature 

When people write on a forum, no matter how angry they might sound, they do so in hope that voicing their options may change the situation. When that doesn't work, they may proceed with what you described - leave, but make a statement why.

But anyone who no longer has hope that situation may improve just leaves with no explanation (which, btw, is a more common approach). So, for every person who said they'll be leaving, you should assume that there are at least several who've already done so, and didn't bother to post about it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

When people write on a forum, no matter how angry they might sound, they do so in hope that voicing their options may change the situation. When that doesn't work, they may proceed with what you described - leave, but make a statement why.

I mean i think the devs took awful decisions since the beginning and i'm in no way defending their choices. It's simply their right to do what they want with their property. Your character is not even your property, it's theirs. They can do what they want but also face the consequences of doing it.
Writing here changes nothing, go back and see all the suggestions people did, all the complains and how many made a difference and how many fell on deaf ears. Would say how many posts were removed or comments on their stream deleted but that would be harder. 

If you or someone dislikes the game/a decision that broke the game for you but keeps paying for it either by sub or CM, then the statement is that you take the bs they do  and ok with it. The user has power in what is done, but forum is not where you change those decisions, best you can do is simply stop spending money on this.
And if they want to make a good mmo or see the mistakes they are making all they need to do is log into wow ff14 or apparently even lotro and see what they are doing. That's what most companies do, see something do good, copy the idea and maybe change it a little bit and done. 

Edited by xxSHOONYxx
  • Like 1

This is something that happens everytime a topic that touches certain sensitivities, and offers some kind of criticism.
The +1 I could understand, but on the second where a discussion was happening it getting erased just shows that if you are so afraid of what players are saying means you really did something wrong and should reevaluate, there have been far worse threads with players attacking eachother and nothing gets done but if you say that something is not good in what was recently done in the game that is reason for termination.

This one is probably not going to last too long anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, KyraMalakai said:

This is something that happens everytime a topic that touches certain sensitivities, and offers some kind of criticism.
The +1 I could understand, but on the second where a discussion was happening it getting erased just shows that if you are so afraid of what players are saying means you really did something wrong and should reevaluate, there have been far worse threads with players attacking eachother and nothing gets done but if you say that something is not good in what was recently done in the game that is reason for termination.

This one is probably not going to last too long anyway.

Spot on!

19 minutes ago, xxSHOONYxx said:

but forum is not where you change those decisions

This is literally the only option we have to communicate with them as a group. And there have been decisions made in the past that were either reversed or adjusted as a result of said communication - not every decision of course, but some.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

This is literally the only option we have to communicate with them as a group. And there have been decisions made in the past that were either reversed or adjusted as a result of said communication - not every decision of course, but some.

If, for saying a number out of my head, 1-5% of suggestions were taken into account and all the complains people say daily about devs not listening to the community, maybe the forum is not the best course of action?
If i say i dislike something but keep buying it the people that make the product have no reason to change because i will still keep buying it. 
Whatever change happened in the past was more than likely not because of a forum posts, but people unsubing over it. This is a company that wants to earn money, money is what will drive their decisions not a few angry words in the forum

Edited by xxSHOONYxx

38 minutes ago, PeterGun-SWE said:

And that isn't the only thread that Broadsword has purged today!

To be fair: it is known that some of the usual subjects are directly targeting weekends for their "discussions". Fully aware that they can roam free for three days before any official supervision is back online.

So getting their threads deleted with 3 pages of responses on monday just means, it would have happened already on the initial post, but the Devs were simply afk.

Every "i hate the devs/game post" that is started on a Friday is a calculated operation, hoping to build enough mass over the weekend to matter, even if it is in reality just totally insignificant.

3 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

To be fair: it is known that some of the usual subjects are directly targeting weekends for their "discussions". Fully aware that they can roam free for three days before any official supervision is back online.

So getting their threads deleted with 3 pages of responses on monday just means, it would have happened already on the initial post, but the Devs were simply afk.

Every "i hate the devs/game post" that is started on a Friday is a calculated operation, hoping to build enough mass over the weekend to matter, even if it is in reality just totally insignificant.

Hmm, interesting, because the unsub and +1 thread was created on Tuesday/Wednesday last week!

22 minutes ago, PeterGun-SWE said:

Hmm, interesting, because the unsub and +1 thread was created on Tuesday/Wednesday last week!

And got heavily derailed on friday with most of reports coming in on saturday and sunday, i assume!? therefore getting on the radar of the devs on monday, followed by deletion.

And don't forget, that deleting duplicate threads to keep the forums clean is a thing.

People not happy with Date Night only being 2 minutes. We have that thread already.

People not happy with not able to login since 7.4.1. We have that thread already.

People not happy with rules regarding server transfers. We have that thread already.

As said earlier: there is simply no point to such thread. Nobody needed an "unsub +1" thread, because they exist already.

Edited by SoontirMorillo
  • Like 1