Update time!

Peglas

And now it's time to shut down the servers for several hours to fix the vital bug.... flips through pappers... ah yes, a mount that hardly anyone uses don't work properly.

not fixing any of the other "less important" issues? 

• Like 5

And it was so important it had to be now with a 15 minute notice. Maybe give some people who don’t have time to play all day more than 15 minutes of advance notice to fix a mount. 

5 minutes ago, Sultan said:

And it was so important it had to be now with a 15 minute notice. Maybe give some people who don’t have time to play all day more than 15 minutes of advance notice to fix a mount. 

What do you mean? It was mentioned here on the forums yesterday.

I was going to stream this game today, I'm just starting out as a streamer.

How am I meant to do anything if the WHOLE GAME is taken offline for this long, all to fix one stupid little mount that, what, maybe a dozen people have tried to use?

I will have to reconsider if I want to remain subbed to this game if I pay money and then cannot play it when I like.

• Haha 1

Fix 1 bug, and 2 more shall take its place. Such is a the lifecycle of software development.

4 minutes ago, Andrelious said:

all to fix one stupid little mount that, what, maybe a dozen people have tried to use?

They're likely fixing more than that. Just didn't feel like sharing the full details. We may see changes to the Fitted gear drop rate and its ability to sell on the GTN as well.

Edited by Traceguy

10 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Fix 1 bug, and 2 more shall take its place. Such is a the lifecycle of software development.

They're likely fixing more than that. Just didn't feel like sharing the full details. We may see changes to the Fitted gear drop rate and its ability to sell on the GTN as well.

Wouldn't they then want to communicate that they are fixing stuff that ppl want, instead of wallowing in our displeasure?

3 minutes ago, Peglas said:

Wouldn't they then want to communicate that they are fixing stuff that ppl want, instead of wallowing in our displeasure?

They rarely do. We'll have to wait for the patch notes to update. They forewarned us about the patch, and some fixes that it would include. It's not a complete stealth patch.

Edited by Traceguy

Taking into account that we have a large group of subscribers who cannot log in since the update. I can't imagine that fixing anything else would be a priority for them, certainly not some stupid mount.

5 minutes ago, Shayddow said:

your link to the discord isn't working.

I don’t understand why it keeps reverting to the old one. I’ve literally changed the signature 3 times now. 

This should be the link in my signature. Can you confirm they are the same because I can’t see my own signature.

https://discord.gg/GUYErARX

Edit: I just worked out what’s happening. The invite link expires after 7 days. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Fixing that mount thing was definitely the most critical issue. But it was also the biggest self-own, since it had been working previously.

The issues that have frustrated players (Reputation Advancement CQ point nerf, appearance gear drops) were choices made by the developers (albeit bad ones). This mount thing was just a good ol' fashioned screw-up. Bad choices can be revised, but screw-ups like this one indicate deeper issues related to capability.

2 hours ago, Andrelious said:

I was going to stream this game today, I'm just starting out as a streamer.

How am I meant to do anything if the WHOLE GAME is taken offline for this long, all to fix one stupid little mount that, what, maybe a dozen people have tried to use?

I will have to reconsider if I want to remain subbed to this game if I pay money and then cannot play it when I like.

For a new streamer you have the streamer arrogogance already down so you should do well.

• Haha 2

So, the new GS6 drops "collection" drops are now bind on pickup?

How does that help?  I thought the ability to store them in my legacy bank was great, even if the stack limit was 20.

I'm not able to log into the game for a few hours, are they at least working like OP-1 / FP-1 "currency" and added to the total "pool" no matter which toon gets them?

5 minutes ago, Darev said:

I'm not able to log into the game for a few hours, are they at least working like OP-1 / FP-1 "currency" and added to the total "pool" no matter which toon gets them?

There is no "currency" that is legacy bound this time (no reputation track). You can sell them to a vendor for credits. It only progresses an achievement.