Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

welcome to my world ..total BS 3 days later and still not a peep from the owners/developers.. not so much as an acknowledgement there is even a problem  ,only solution that is left to try is calling the damn company just to  have them blame it on my PC being to old for the game (this system is exactly one yr old now) , im very angry about this because it seems to happen after every single update..the down time is getting longer an longer with each update

3 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

ok I have had one intel person load into game with the below settings in the swtor tech support forum https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Failure-to-Load-after-Update/m-p/13564046#M107746

can you test the below settings, if someone wants to try them native height and width and height and width need to stay as your settings

[Renderer]
AllowColorRemapping = true
Buckets = 1
CodeVersionChanged = false
doShadows = false
DYDDrawDistancePreset = 2
EnableBloom = false
EnableSSAO = false
GraphicsQuality = 1
LastCodeVersionRun = 4
MinspecVramCutoffMB = 64
NewBucket = 1
PlantDensity = 100
ShaderSet = 0
TextureAnisotropy = 1
TextureQuality = 1
FxLightsLimit = 15
StaticLightsLimit = 45
WindowX = 0
WindowY = 0
ShadowMapResolution = 1024
AntiAliasingLevel = 0
AtlasQuality = 0
MeshLODQuality = 1
SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25
Fullscreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60
AllowDepthOfField = false

Tried this knowing it wouldn't work but wanted to at least give it a shot and provide feedback.  

Didn't work.  Still can switch immediately to the new FTP I created yesterday and get in immediate on the same laptop.

Edited by Keirowyn
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AmorandaAdamah said:

Got this from CS:

in %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\ > client_settings.ini to open with notepad in the renderer part >
NativeHeight = needs to be 900 and NativeWidth = 1600 > FullScreen = false > Save.

Me too... did nothing

• Sad 1

Got this from CS:

in %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\ > client_settings.ini to open with notepad in the renderer part >
NativeHeight = needs to be 900 and NativeWidth = 1600 > FullScreen = false > Save.

Changed the settings, but it still freezes on the Chains in the Dark screen. 😑

3 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

ok I have had one intel person load into game with the below settings in the swtor tech support forum https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Failure-to-Load-after-Update/m-p/13564046#M107746

can you test the below settings, if someone wants to try them native height and width and height and width need to stay as your settings

[Renderer]
AllowColorRemapping = true
Buckets = 1
CodeVersionChanged = false
doShadows = false
DYDDrawDistancePreset = 2
EnableBloom = false
EnableSSAO = false
GraphicsQuality = 1
LastCodeVersionRun = 4
MinspecVramCutoffMB = 64
NewBucket = 1
PlantDensity = 100
ShaderSet = 0
TextureAnisotropy = 1
TextureQuality = 1
FxLightsLimit = 15
StaticLightsLimit = 45
WindowX = 0
WindowY = 0
ShadowMapResolution = 1024
AntiAliasingLevel = 0
AtlasQuality = 0
MeshLODQuality = 1
SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25
Fullscreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60
AllowDepthOfField = false

Tried this. Didn't work. Deleted client_settings file to see if that would work (like it did when I had this issue a few months ago) and no go. Did the patch this morning and still crashing on the splash screen. They really need to fix this and they need to extend subscriber's subscriptions to compensate for the lost days. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

welcome to my world ..total BS 3 days later and still not a peep from the owners/developers.. not so much as an acknowledgement there is even a problem  ,only solution that is left to try is calling the damn company just to  have them blame it on my PC being to old for the game (this system is exactly one yr old now) , im very angry about this because it seems to happen after every single update..the down time is getting longer an longer with each update

If you check the other bug report thread about this issue you'll see that many people, including myself, have called support and reported this issue. They ARE working on it. That's what the patch was for this morning is my guess. That's why the servers went down last night. They're definitely trying to fix this problem, guaranteed. It's still BS that we have to deal with this but I'm confident that they're trying to fix the problem. Cause the problem is on their end. It's not a graphics issue. It's an account issue cause some people can log in on brand new F2P accounts they just made but they can't log in on their main subscriber account. 

Edited by Hollow_Stone
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hollow_Stone said:

They really need to fix this and they need to extend subscriber's subscriptions to compensate for the lost days. 

I could go for some Cartel Coins sent my way so that I can catch up with the GS levels on which I am now sorely behind.

17 hours ago, Trebor-droffig said:

FOUND THE SOLUTION well sorta..give up your paid accounts and make a free one and it will work again , nothing worked i tried every suggestion on here and finally i just made an entirely new account with a differant email and it works..of course my 3 months of sub time and 10 yrs worth of collections is gone but i can play again

This is not a viable solution.  

15 hours ago, NeilTheClone said:

Same issue here. Following the update, every time I attempt to log in the game closes right from the launcher and I am prompted to fill out a crash report. Can't even get into the game at all. Please fix!! Note: I am also a subscriber, as that seems like it may be part of the issue?

CrashReport.png.99fe3c8b2b81c2b30ceb7bcd0292d5dc.png

At least you get an option to sent a crash report, which is more than most of us have.

11 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

So to confirm the swtor account not working on the laptop with the intel video card does work on another computer which is not using an intel video card ? 

( i am aware of the situation of new clean swtor accounts working on the system not loading the affected accounts as well)

That's certainly what it looks like to me, but it could just be a coincidence. As I said, other players are having a wild variety of different experiences regarding this problem. 

So what was that new update supposed to do today? I'm still getting the frozen loading screen- weren't they supposed to have fixed this...? And a transformer blew out, so we had lost power here for a few hours too (but that's not really related to this, but it did mess up my plans for trying to get on earlier).

We all can agree that it is 100% Sub accounts.  However when FTP or pref accounts are used all is good.  I hope all the subs are compensated for not being able to play.

59 minutes ago, GalaxyWeasel said:

So what was that new update supposed to do today? I'm still getting the frozen loading screen- weren't they supposed to have fixed this...? And a transformer blew out, so we had lost power here for a few hours too (but that's not really related to this, but it did mess up my plans for trying to get on earlier).

That was for some stupid mount bug or something... maybe a few other things. But here we all are, sitting on the sidelines.

1 hour ago, AmorandaAdamah said:

I could go for some Cartel Coins sent my way so that I can catch up with the GS levels on which I am now sorely behind.

At the very least, they could extend the GS end date, so we can make up this lost time once this is fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GalaxyWeasel said:

If you want to look at the 7.1.4a-c Patch notes/schedule in more detail, the Devs discuss it here: https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934145-upcoming-patch-schedule/#comment-9804594

So far, there's nothing regarding like half of their player base (most or all being subscribers) that can't even log in. Can't believe that's running down our sub time and general play time... Just dumb little bug fixes like the new mount and stuff.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keirowyn said:

At the very least, they could extend the GS end date, so we can make up this lost time once this is fixed.

This will NOT happen.  We are not enough squeaky wheels type to push that as something they would consider.  Getting them to offer some other compensation will already be a heavy lift for us all.  

They will give some compensation of some type for sure, but ONLY IF YOU EXPLICITLY ASK.  You have to be a petulant PVPer to get the Devs to give you any real attention, it seems... And the compensation offered will most certainly not be worth the lost time we have suffered because of this issue.

1 hour ago, GalaxyWeasel said:

Nothing at all.  At least in relation to this issue.  It was all insignificant 'swag' issues such as mounts, crystals or dyes or something.  

Well I talked to Customer Service, they are always very nice so I will put that out there.  They wanted to make it clear there is no list of people that are having this issue, so there's no list to be added to.  They are aware that some people can't seem to get into their subscriber accounts and the best thing to do is just wait.

Still I called and they are aware that I am aware.

1 hour ago, _prip_ said:

At least you get an option to sent a crash report, which is more than most of us have.

Heh, I've since lost the ability to send a crash report following the recent patch. Still can't log in though 😓