Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

There is no patch for this coming up or even in the work. The next hot fix is about not getting to mount at level 1 not working. Not the problem with the player base not getting to log in to the game to play it.

@KeiralynHalcyon's husband here. 

Unfortunately this "unable to log-in due to hanged loading screen" seems to be a major issue for a lot of players.  One of the main reasons why I switched to Steam was so that the issue I had with the name-password-security key enter screen was too large when I was running SWTOR through Bioware's version and I was unable to access the security key (which I keep specifically for the 100CC/mo that it gives you).  Of course being impatient, I googled possible fixes and ended up going to Steam which resolved the issue. 

I'm not sure what's causing the hanged loading screen after character selection-play or whether it extends to "after initial log-in" as well.  The only thing to do I guess is wait and hope that it gets resolved; which for subbed players is an affront.  Paying to sit there and wait while your sub lapses isn't what was signed up for.   

• Like 3

For me it was the 'Conversation Depth of Field' selecton to 'off' in graphics settings that is now causing me to have this issue, before I turned it off my game was fine (for a few hours) immediately after 7.4.1

Edited by mgorion
self corection, patch reference

Same issue. Played fine until the update. Subscribed player, playing on a brand-new HP laptop, Intel Graphics, updated driver from Feb. 2024, freezing on splash screen. I had this issue before after an update and deleting the client_settings .ini file fixed it but that's not working this time. Tried it, no luck. I called Support and they said that they know about it, many people are reporting it, it's an issue on their end and they're working on it. I gave him my login display name and verified my email so I could be on the list of accounts affected by the issue. There's not much else we can do but that and wait and hope.

So, just adding my name to the list.

Thanx to @Keirowyn for the info below:

If you're experiencing this issue, at this point I'd suggest you contact support to log a case cuz it seems to be account-related.

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • UK: +44 (0)208 1969 890 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)
  • Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)
Edited by Hollow_Stone
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hollow_Stone said:

Same issue. Played fine until the update. Subscribed player, playing on a brand-new HP laptop, Intel Graphics, updated driver from Feb. 2024, freezing on splash screen. I had this issue before after an update and deleting the client_settings .ini file fixed it but that's not working this time. Tried it, no luck. I called Support and they said that they know about it, many people are reporting it, it's an issue on their end and they're working on it. I gave him my login display name and verified my email so I could be on the list of accounts affected by the issue. There's not much else we can do but that and wait and hope.

So, just adding my name to the list.

Thanx to @Keirowyn for the info below:

If you're experiencing this issue, at this point I'd suggest you contact support to log a case cuz it seems to be account-related.

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • UK: +44 (0)208 1969 890 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)
  • Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)

I called and got my user added to the list. I guess they also are having the same issues.

Edited by LordRaylath

Again, this is not a "graphics" issue, it's an account issue.  Certain accounts are able to get in like mine.  Others are hanging at the loading splash screen like my wife's.  We are both on the same internet connection on separate computers. 

Her graphics settings are set to high because of her specs.  Mine are set to mid because of my system's limitations.  That's not the issue.  And if the game hangs at the loading splash screen, then even if it was a graphics situation, how is it supposed to be resolved...if you can't get into the game to fix it (for those who have the problem at the name password point)? 

Edited by NikkeiSimmer
spelling error
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, ZeroRacerPacer said:

I hope they fix this nasty bug. I really want to start playing the new Galactic Season!

Yes its incredibly frustrating... I really want to get that new Copero stronghold unlocked.

15 hours ago, Daystiny said:

Same for me. My preferred account is working on my Laptop, my main account is not (when trying from my Surface Pro).

I got a Shadow PC (cloud gaming for apps where my notebook graphics is too weak), and there, both accounts work.

The last entry in the client_*.log is:

2024-03-13T05:53:23.441958 26a0 DEBUG TellCharacterSummaries [Firestorm.firestorm.OmegaWorldObject](omegaworldobject.cpp:OmegaWorldObject::TellCharacterSummaries:408)

Could it be related to graphics card PLUS the number of characters? The preferred account only has 4 characters, my account has more than 10

I thought that it might have something to do with the client_log, but idk. When comparing mine to my mother's (she's also a SWTOR subscribed player), we found that a ton of information in my client_log was missing. We tried imputting what was in her's into mine, but it didn't do anything 😕

• Like 1

I have a hard time believing it is an account issue. I can play both my subscribed and preferred accounts on my desktop but both of them hang on the loading screen on my laptop. To me that makes it seem like it is some sort of issue with certain computers. If it was an account issue why can I play on both accounts on my desktop and neither account on my laptop? Hmmm.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

9 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

I have a hard time believing it is an account issue. I can play both my subscribed and preferred accounts on my desktop but both of them hang on the loading screen on my laptop. To me that makes it seem like it is some sort of issue with certain computers. If it was an account issue why can I play on both accounts on my desktop and neither account on my laptop? Hmmm.

I mean, it totally could be. I don't have a PC and I play on the tiniest laptop ever (HP Spectre 13.5 in Screen w/ garbage graphics, but it still works). Although, I technically move the window onto my monitor, but idk if that's affected. When the game goes nonresponsive on the splash art, it doesn't let me move the window from my laptop to my monitor.

And my laptop has Iris XE graphics too, but as I said, haven't faced that many issues prior to the update. Just minor game freezes where I have to restart, but it's no biggie. My mother has a NVIDIA graphics card and her game works wonderfully, but I don't necessarily think it's a problem with graphics.... 

I did call Support and got my account logged for this issue, and they told me that they're fully aware of the problem and are trying to work on a fix. Said it should be within the next 24 hours or so, said it'll take some time to deal with. As someone else said earlier, if you're experiencing this problem, best thing to do is call Support and get your account logged and verified for this issue. Should get an email regarding the problem later.

2 minutes ago, nemesistactics said:

I mean, it totally could be. I don't have a PC and I play on the tiniest laptop ever (HP Spectre 13.5 in Screen w/ garbage graphics, but it still works). Although, I technically move the window onto my monitor, but idk if that's affected. When the game goes nonresponsive on the splash art, it doesn't let me move the window from my laptop to my monitor.

And my laptop has Iris XE graphics too, but as I said, haven't faced that many issues prior to the update. Just minor game freezes where I have to restart, but it's no biggie. My mother has a NVIDIA graphics card and her game works wonderfully, but I don't necessarily think it's a problem with graphics.... 

I did call Support and got my account logged for this issue, and they told me that they're fully aware of the problem and are trying to work on a fix. Said it should be within the next 24 hours or so, said it'll take some time to deal with. As someone else said earlier, if you're experiencing this problem, best thing to do is call Support and get your account logged and verified for this issue. Should get an email regarding the problem later.

I'm not having an issue per se as I can play fine on all my accounts on my desktop which is where I normally play. I just think it's strange that I can't play on any account on my laptop and everyone is saying it's an account issue when all my accounts are fine on my desktop but none work on my laptop.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

7 minutes ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

I saw one other post in here that they have Intel graphics and can't play. I also have Intel graphics on my laptop and can't play on it. Game works fine on Nvidia graphics on my desktop.

It isn't completely Intel-wide.  If everyone that had Intel graphics had the problem then maybe that would be the issue, but I have an Intel HD 530 on my computer (integrated graphics).  And I'm staring at my character selection screen right now.  And a few seconds later, I'm "in-game". 

So it's not Intel graphics-wide. 

...and frankly, it's annoying the rest of us who "can't play" like my wife who has to watch ME play while she can't get into her game. 

I was looking at some other subforum posts too, and they're speculating that it's an issue with accounts, not graphics, although a lot of Intel XE graphics cards users like myself seem to be affected by the issue. If you're a subscriber, they said that the game is sort of busted, as in it goes nonresponsive for some reason? Idk how that works?? But it shouldn't be a problem with graphics.

This is really getting annoying- the day prior to the update the server was down for me, and I finally managed to get on that evening. Then the loading screen freezes after installing the update and I can't get on. Now it's still freezing. Can something please be done to fix this? I'm not enjoying the new Galactic Season so far.

I tried the help post they just posted and obviously it doesn't help (seems they don't even read here).

I tested now:

- Deleting the settings folder: Works for my prefered account, fails for my subscribed account

- Copying the settings from within my prefered account files to my subscribed accounts files: failed

Please note: graphics settings are the same for all accounts you ever run from the same PC/user

And of course, on another, high end PC, both accounts just work fine.

The problem is in the code of the new update, when they initialize our accounts in graphics (which is first time done for the display of the server selection screen). Without a bugfix update of swtor, nothing will be fixed for our accounts on our current PCs.

Edited by Daystiny
  • Like 2

Same here - even after reinstall from steam (which wipes all your graphics settings, btw), I have the same issue with my subscribed account; a free to play account I created as a test works fine on the same computer.

Phoned tech support - they confirmed that it is a known issue with OLDER SUBSCRIBER ACCOUNTS. New subs are also not affected.

Devs are aware and will update via social media when fixed

No timeline for fix as of now.

I REALLY want to start the new Gal Season. :(

22 hours ago, Trebor-droffig said:

ive been a member for 10 yrs and this is a problem i have after EVERY SINGLE UPDATE

This has also happened to me the last 2 updates, and I have been playing a long time too.  These last 2 issues were on Windows 11...  

I even went to Steam to try to resolve it last patch.  I eventually got it working, but this update broke everything again, including the EULA issue, and the infinite splash screen issue.

21 hours ago, Kiafus said:

I just sent one of the devs an IM so we will see what happens.  I can not belive that this is not an known issue.

Oh, they are well aware.  I just called the number and 'discussed' how I could get compensation for my downtime I paid for.  The answer, my friends, is blowing in the wind...