Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

2 minutes ago, UberMalak said:

Tried all of the above. 

If logs are needed for EA please let us know. I'm out of ideas 🥵

A dxdiag would be handy and also what antivirus software is being used 
post the contents of the client_setting file if you can too 

remove and re-add exceptions to the antivirus/firewall exception list as well is worthwhile at this point

I am running nvidia 2080 video card and trend micro antivirus and have no issue logging into the game for example

8 minutes ago, thorrnnn said:

okay... did it and nothing. still the same.

can you delete that client_setting file and try to relaunch to create that file again then add the lines again

your system is using an intel video card well below minimum game requirements as it only has 128mb of video ram , minimum game requirement is 1024mb 

edit: antivirus used ?

Edited by OwenBrooks

4 minutes ago, Kiafus said:

This has to be part of a bigger issue.  I have done every thing posted and even gone back to some older posts.  Nothing

Yes need to identify any sort of commonality between those that are having issues , to fix an issue need to identify the cause  

Hence dxdiags per https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/true#M70799 and antivirus used would be beneficial at this point

This issue is not affecting everyone, i can login and play fine using a nvidia 2080 video card and trend micro antivirus for example from Australia

It will be about 9 hrs before i can talk directly to swtor support as that is when they start work for the day and it is 8pm for the austin team as well

Edited by OwenBrooks

tried your suggestion twice

20 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

can you delete that client_setting file and try to relaunch to create that file again then add the lines again

your system is using an intel video card well below minimum game requirements as it only has 128mb of video ram , minimum game requirement is 1024mb 

edit: antivirus used ?

norton 360.

tried your suggestion twice. noticed first time 5 lines were missing from file. so tried  with those lines missing and then added them back in. still nothing.

i'll have to come back tomorrow. need to get some sleep. thanks for the help though. will check back tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thorrnnn said:

norton 360.

Historically with norton firewall , the exceptions needed to be set to specifically "allow" instead of "auto" for some reason after a patch it was known to auto block the game
So something to check tomorrow if need as well , hopefully will have more feedback from swtor support by then

• Like 1

Just now, AlexMite said:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Thanks most seem to be using intel video cards at this point, will raise this with swtor support when they come online for the day 

This is not the first time intel cards have been affected by a patch, previously have recommended no higher gfx setting then "high" but need to determine if intel cards are related or not for this issue 

Example of previous issue with intel cards https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/SWTOR-Keeps-Crashing/m-p/13394884#M106981

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, 

2 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

Thanks most seem to be using intel video cards at this point, will raise this with swtor support when they come online for the day 

This is not the first time intel cards have been affected by a patch, previously have recommended no higher gfx setting then "high" but need to determine if intel cards are related or not for this issue 

Example of previous issue with intel cards https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/SWTOR-Keeps-Crashing/m-p/13394884#M106981

Thank you!

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Kiafus:

I think it has to do with accounts as I can log in and play with my wifes account which is a preferred account.

Same for me. My preferred account is working on my Laptop, my main account is not (when trying from my Surface Pro).

I got a Shadow PC (cloud gaming for apps where my notebook graphics is too weak), and there, both accounts work.

The last entry in the client_*.log is:

2024-03-13T05:53:23.441958 26a0 DEBUG TellCharacterSummaries [Firestorm.firestorm.OmegaWorldObject](omegaworldobject.cpp:OmegaWorldObject::TellCharacterSummaries:408)

Could it be related to graphics card PLUS the number of characters? The preferred account only has 4 characters, my account has more than 10

Edited by Daystiny

I think the problem is the update because I had no trouble with previous updates.  Plus, I have another MMO on my laptop and have no problems logging in. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

Historically with norton firewall , the exceptions needed to be set to specifically "allow" instead of "auto" for some reason after a patch it was known to auto block the game
So something to check tomorrow if need as well , hopefully will have more feedback from swtor support by then

check and both SWTOR programs are set at  ALLOW.

I have done everything you listed in this thread, @OwenBrooks. Just to play it safe, because I am paranoid. Haha! I even went back and changed the MinspecVramCutoffMB to 256 to force my graphics quality back to the Very Low settings. Still no results. I do not have any antivirus protection and my laptop's firewall has everything set to "Allow" for SW:TOR. I just find this entire thing odd. I have a friend who has a similar system to mine, some of their specs are lower and they have an Intel UHD Graphics (I have Intel Iris Xe Graphics), and we always have the same issues when an update is released. Not this one, though. They have been able to play since the update was downloaded to their laptop, whereas I am unable to make it past the loading screen in any way, shape, or form. The DxDiag is as it should be, as well. I have done and checked everything. Besides posting my specs to this thread, which can already be found on multiple topics at this point. I will just add them, though. What do I have to lose? 🤣

[Renderer]
AllowColorRemapping = false
Buckets = 1
CodeVersionChanged = true
doShadows = false
DYDDrawDistancePreset = 0
EnableBloom = false
EnableSSAO = false
GraphicsDeviceId = 39497
GraphicsQuality = 1
Height = 1080
InfoGraphicsVendor = INTEL_GPU
InfoGraphicsVideoMemoryMB = 128
MinspecVramCutoffMB = 256
LastCodeVersionRun = 4
NativeHeight = 1080
NativeWidth = 1920
NewBucket = 1
PlantDensity = 25
ShaderSet = 0
ShadowMapResolution = 1024
TextureAnisotropy = 1
TextureQuality = 2
Width = 1920
FxLightsLimit = 5
StaticLightsLimit = 20
WindowX = 8
WindowY = 31
FullScreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type of machine: HP Laptop 17t-by400
Graphics card: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics with 128 GB of memory and 1 GB of RAM
  - Driver version: 30.0.101.1191
Version of Windows/OS: Windows 11 Home (64-bit)
Processor: Intel i7 2.80Hz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Storage: 238 GB with 77.4 free

This is being investigated, i have seen a number of Intel iris Xe graphics cards listed , but i have a seen a few other ones too but all are intel gfx

it should be noted, that most list 128mb of dedicated vram, when swtor minimum requirements are 1024mb dedicated vram

@OwenBrooks I have that 128mb problem, so that's on me. However, I was able to play most of yesterday after downloading the patch (and even lead a guild event and then do a 16m operation).  My issue seemed to happen after trying to log out while in the Copero stronghold.  Freeze on loading screen to character select and can't get back in now.  When I get home from work I can try the previously posted suggestions, but wanted to add my experience that everything was fine until I was actively playing around in the new content (more gpu heavy?)

Yeah I'm having the same issue and I've seen others posting on Twitter about it since the patch. I was playing right up until the servers were taken down. Since the patch, the game freezes / crashes on the splash screen. This is not the first time I've had this issue.  I've tried pretty much everything I've seen in old posts (here, on Reddit, and basically anywhere else) about this issue... tried the ALT+Enter trick, running as admin, I've edited / deleted the client_settings.ini file, I've messed with firewall settings, I've uninstalled / reinstalled the game, I've reinstalled DirectX (cuz I think its a graphics issue).

Interestingly, I can get to the server select screen on PTS... its down, and I obviously dont want to play on the test server but... its something.

I'm using a Core i7-1260P laptop with integrated Iris Xe graphics and 16 GB RAM... yeah the integrated graphics suck but its always played fine on low settings (link to my laptop below... its much better hardware than the previous laptop I was using).  Running the native PC client, not Steam. Just using Windows Defender.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-slim-7i-14-14iap7-2-8k-touchscreen-laptop-intel-core-i7-1260p-16gb-ram-1tb-ssd-w11h-pre-owned-gray/6527749.p?skuId=6527749

Edited by Keirowyn