Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

I want to stress again that it is not the graphics settings alone.

Same machine, same settings: my prefered account works, my subscribed account has the login stuck error.

And before the update, both worked just fine.

Edited by Daystiny
  • Like 2

Adding my name to the list of people affected by this issue.  Tried the old uninstall/re-install, still nothing.  I have been considering unsubbing, since I only play for an hour a day every day to keep up with login rewards, but I am beginning to think it's not worth the hassle anymore.  Especially since I play other games such as Infinite Wealth and the Tomb Raider remasters.  What do you think?  Should I unsub and leave permanently?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daystiny said:

I want to stress again that it is not the graphics settings alone.

Same machine, same settings: my prefered account works, my subscribed account has the login stuck error.

And before the update, both worked just fine.

Man I just created a new account (purely as a test) and it went to the freaking server select screen after displaying the splash screen for 2 seconds lol

Just made a character on Star Forge (the server I normally play on) and I'm in the game... sign out and go back to my real account and insta-crash.  So it appears you are correct.  This is at least partially account-related... WTH?

Edited by Keirowyn

I'm on the phone with support right now... they are also unable to log into the game with either of my (subscribed) accounts.  So this is emerging as an ACCOUNT issue impacting subscribers and NOT a computer / hardware issue.

If you're experiencing this issue, at this point I'd suggest you contact support to log a case cuz it seems to be account-related.

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • UK: +44 (0)208 1969 890 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)
  • Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available Monday - Saturday from 10.00 UTC - 19.00 UTC)
Edited by Keirowyn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiafus said:

I made them aware of this last night. This was always an account issue and never a issue on our end.

Is this something that I will have to contact support about to fix or do I just have to wait?

4 minutes ago, Kiafus said:

I made them aware of this last night. This was always an account issue and never a issue on our end.

Yeah... but freezing on the splash screen has always been an issue on the user end before, so that's what I assumed it was when I encountered it yesterday. Wasn't until this morning I discovered it wasn't.

Just now, LordRaylath said:

Is this something that I will have to contact support about to fix or do I just have to wait?

Honestly, I would call and report it... I'm not sure if they'll be able to identify the accounts having this issue otherwise, and I'd want to make sure mine gets "on the list" of accounts that need fixed.

7 minutes ago, Kiafus said:

One of our gaming friends on Twitter said that he created a new account and could log in there, but his other two subbed accounts got stuck on the same Chains in the Dark screen.

1 minute ago, Keirowyn said:

Honestly, I would call and report it... I'm not sure if they'll be able to identify the accounts having this issue otherwise, and I'd want to make sure mine gets "on the list" of accounts that need fixed.

I called yesterday. They sent me an email with links and directions. Did all of them and it still didn't fix. Also made sure my VPN wasn't getting in the way, and that the launcher was in the 'Friendly' list with my security. Still not fixed :(

Just now, AmorandaAdamah said:

I called yesterday. They sent me an email with links and directions. Did all of them and it still didn't fix. Also made sure my VPN wasn't getting in the way, and that the launcher was in the 'Friendly' list with my security. Still not fixed :(

Yes... its not your computer or VPN or anything else... its your account.  I'm able to log in with a new (free) account I just made.

Call and tell them its your ACCOUNT... not your computer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keirowyn said:

Is there a list? Where, exactly, is this list? I want on. LOL

Just now, AmorandaAdamah said:

Is there a list? Where, exactly, is this list? I want on. LOL

I dont know... I mean if I was SWTOR Support, I'd start a list of these accounts... that's what I'm saying.

• Like 1

Just now, Keirowyn said:

Yes... its not your computer or VPN or anything else... its your account.  I'm able to log in with a new (free) account I just made.

Call and tell them its your ACCOUNT... not your computer.

The CS guy with whom I spoke, took a look and said my account didn't seem to have any issues.

3 minutes ago, AmorandaAdamah said:

The CS guy with whom I spoke, took a look and said my account didn't seem to have any issues.

The guy I talked to literally attempted to log into the game from THEIR end using my accounts and couldn't.  It hung on the splash screen.  Its not my graphics settings or my firewall... its my accounts.  I can log in with a new account just fine.

Try it... go make a new account and see if you can log in.

Edited by Keirowyn
  • Like 1

same issue did everything I could find to fix even reinstalled and then went thur steam vs launcher just got off the phone with support their aware of the issue and have no idea way it would only effect certain accounts said to keep checking back to see if its fixed made a free account and logged in no problem. 

• Like 1

UPDATE:

I called CS and they are working on this issue. It may take up to 24 hours to resolve.

Call them at 1-855-345-2186 and get your account verified so that you can be on the list.

:)

See ya around the galaxy (eventually! LOL) 

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, AmorandaAdamah said:

UPDATE:

I called CS and they are working on this issue. It may take up to 24 hours to resolve.

Call them at 1-855-345-2186 and get your account verified so that you can be on the list.

:)

See ya around the galaxy (eventually! LOL) 

I called them twice. The first time, they gave me an email with possible solutions to fix it. I tried them and nothing worked. I called again and this time, I was told it wasn't an account issue, and that it was an issue on our end. They said that they are gathering the information about the issue and will give it to the concerns team or whoever and to just wait. 

Edited by LordRaylath
  • Like 1

My friend who normally has his 'conversation depth of field' turned off has not been able to get past loading screen since the 7.4. patch. After chatting with him trying to help I turned my 'conversation depth of field' off while in game to see what it affected and at first it didn't do anything until I tried to switch characters. - Then my screen froze on the chains in the dark loading screen and did not go to character selection. had to ctrl/alt/del to restart game and now I can't get past initial loading screen either. My friend has tried everything customer support suggested, submitted files to them, re-downloaded the game (over 8 hours), DirectX, and still the same issue. 

Edited by mgorion
corrected myself, it was 7.4 for me, and continues through 7.4.1 to present

This problem has been going on since the update. I was hoping to see that they fixed the problem but I see that I still can't log in to play. Guess the player base doesn't matter anymore.

I hope it's something that can be a quick fix, I feel like the last couple of patches there were issues with graphics changes and players settings causing crashes or freezing too. maybe the date night update prompted a graphics change that's related to this? My game was working fine after the 7.4.1 patch until I was troubleshooting with my friend, that 'Conversation Depth of Field' was the last thing I changed before my game stopped working.

Edited by mgorion
self correction - patch reference