Unable to login into SWTOR

CossackB

Hi, I have a problem after updating SWTOR via Steam, I can log in, the game opens. I see the loading image and ambient sounds but not the music and I do not get to the loading screen where my characters are. I have already made an Ask&HQ on Ea to see if there is some kind of solution, but I am disappointed each time because the problems never end.😡

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, motator said:

Hi, I have a problem after updating SWTOR via Steam, I can log in, the game opens. I see the loading image and ambient sounds but not the music and I do not get to the loading screen where my characters are. I have already made an Ask&HQ on Ea to see if there is some kind of solution, but I am disappointed each time because the problems never end.😡

That is exactly what I am experiencing. I previously turned my graphics off or to the lowest setting, and then restarted my laptop. Only to be stuck on the loading screen after the update and being able to play perfectly fine for the past few months.

rquinnG I am trying to delete the client_settings file to see if there is any improvement, the file is hosted inside %AppData I leave you an image of how it is in my case. 

set.jpg

Yup. "Launcher error: Code 954 - RepositorySync_Error_StallTimeout"
Not Steam, downloaded, but still is locking with 'checking update'

Edited by Leifii

23 minutes ago, motator said:

rquinnG I am trying to delete the client_settings file to see if there is any improvement, the file is hosted inside %AppData I leave you an image of how it is in my case. 

set.jpg

That was the third thing my friend and I attempted. The result was, unfortunately, still the same. Besides the fact it launched it into full screen mode.

Same here. Tried like three times then I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it through Steam... and still... gets to the loading screen then nada. And I can't even send in a ticket about it because AFAIK you have to be IN GAME to do that.

Editing to add: my husband also plays...also uses Steam. In fact he is the one that suggested I switch to Steam after my first issues with log in. HE can get into the game just freakin' fine... we are in the same house (obv.) on the same internet connection... so What the heck?!

Edited by KeiralynHalcyon
Adding comment.
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, KeiralynHalcyon said:

Same here. Tried like three times then I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it through Steam... and still... gets to the loading screen then nada. And I can't even send in a ticket about it because AFAIK you have to be IN GAME to do that.

Editing to add: my husband also plays...also uses Steam. In fact he is the one that suggested I switch to Steam after my first issues with log in. HE can get into the game just freakin' fine... we are in the same house (obv.) on the same internet connection... so What the heck?!

My wifes account works just fine (pref on the same system) however my account is sub and I can not get in at all.

A dxdiag would be beneficial at this point to look for commonality on hardware if it is related to this issue 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/true#M70799
Failing that try editing the client_setting file per below , if your using an intel video card do not set gfx to ultra , set at high at best

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time 

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok 

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
Open the client_settings.ini file in notepad and ensure the following are displayed within 

Fullscreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60
Check NativeHeight, NativeWidth, Height and Width ( all 4 ) match your monitor resolution.

Save and close the file.
Start the game as normal.

Edited by OwenBrooks

15 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

A dxdiag would be beneficial at this point to look for commonality on hardware if it is related to this issue 
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/true#M70799
Failing that try editing the client_setting file per below , if your using an intel video card do not set gfx to ultra , set at high at best

Open the client_settings.ini file in notepad and ensure the following are displayed within 

Fullscreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60
Check NativeHeight, NativeWidth, Height and Width ( all 4 ) match your monitor resolution.

Save and close the file.

here's what i have for my pc DELL INSPIRION 3891

AllowColorRemapping = false
Buckets = 1
CodeVersionChanged = false
doShadows = false
DYDDrawDistancePreset = 0
EnableBloom = false
GraphicsDeviceId = 39880
GraphicsQuality = 6
Height = 1080
InfoGraphicsVendor = INTEL_GPU
InfoGraphicsVideoMemoryMB = 128
LastCodeVersionRun = 4
MinspecVramCutoffMB = 256
NativeHeight = 1080
NativeWidth = 1920
NewBucket = 1
PlantDensity = 25
ShaderSet = 0
TextureAnisotropy = 1
TextureQuality = 1
Width = 1920
WindowX = 0
WindowY = 0
FxLightsLimit = 5
StaticLightsLimit = 20
AllowDepthOfField = true

17 minutes ago, OwenBrooks said:

Fullscreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60

Save and close the file.

Tried all of the above. 

Tried running as admin and in compatibility mode

Tried clearing:

-DiskCacheStatic

-DiskCacheStream

-client_settings

These last steps worked when I had this problem with the last patch however this time I've had no success with a workaround.

Tried both steam and direct version.

Rig exceeds game requirements.

If logs are needed for EA please let us know. I'm out of ideas 🥵