I'm switching to Chess, bye

Whykara

Because in chess it's actually my fault if I lose 8 times in a row. 

Seriously, there are maybe three capable players on my entire server, and somehow they are never in my team. I don't even know how one would go about fixing PvP, there are simply not enough serious PvPers left. And those that are still here dominate. The skill difference between players is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

On 12/22/2023 at 11:12 AM, Whykara said:

Because in chess it's actually my fault if I lose 8 times in a row. 

Seriously, there are maybe three capable players on my entire server, and somehow they are never in my team. I don't even know how one would go about fixing PvP, there are simply not enough serious PvPers left. And those that are still here dominate. The skill difference between players is absolutely ridiculous.

At this point I would take an inexperienced player willing to learn instead of all the afkers I'm getting in arena.  Seriously out of 8 games today 5 have had someone on my team afk. Just What the heck?!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Setta said:

At this point I would take an inexperienced player willing to learn instead of all the afkers I'm getting in arena.  Seriously out of 8 games today 5 have had someone on my team afk. Just What the heck?!!

gonna be honest, i had this tank with a similar name to your forum name who kept saying focus op. kill op. and then kept moving the target mark. I happily afk'd that match. make of that what you will. but if you're gonna be a jackarse, then you deserve the afk "teammates."

edit: not that it was you. can't say names though.

Edited by krackcommando
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, krackcommando said:

gonna be honest, i had this tank with a similar name to your forum name who kept saying focus op. kill op. and then kept moving the target mark. I happily afk'd that match. make of that what you will. but if you're gonna be a jackarse, then you deserve the afk "teammates."

edit: not that it was you. can't say names though.

Wasn't me as I don't tank, but these people afk for no reason at the start.  Make of that what you will.

6 minutes ago, Setta said:

Wasn't me as I don't tank, but these people afk for no reason at the start.  Make of that what you will.

lol yeah. i literally saw a mando with your name right after i posted. i wouldn't take this queue too seriously. Biosword is fail at anything beyond decos and barbie dolls.

great vanilla game though. even with the crap game engine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, krackcommando said:

lol yeah. i literally saw a mando with your name right after i posted. i wouldn't take this queue too seriously. Biosword is fail at anything beyond decos and barbie dolls.

great vanilla game though. even with the crap game engine.

There are a whole stack of my forum name derivatives on SV. So far I’ve seen 7 very close versions of my name on SV pretending to be me. Funny thing is I don’t usually use my forum names in any game. So the jokes on them. Anyone out for a piece of me is going to be targeting them hard 😂🤣

man , can't be that bad right?

*plays 10 games with absolute imbeciles in team and loses* 

alright maybe you're on to something lol.

the problem is, it's pvp season, that means people who only do pve accidently find the queue button,..and there's more than enough of 'em.

3 hours ago, meddani said:

man , can't be that bad right?

*plays 10 games with absolute imbeciles in team and loses* 

alright maybe you're on to something lol.

the problem is, it's pvp season, that means people who only do pve accidently find the queue button,..and there's more than enough of 'em.

I can’t even get PvP to pop on SV at the moment. Been a week & no PvP. Probably queued for 29 hours. If they don’t offer transfers soon, the server will be permanently dead like the French server. 

8 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

I can’t even get PvP to pop on SV at the moment. Been a week & no PvP. Probably queued for 29 hours. If they don’t offer transfers soon, the server will be permanently dead like the French server. 

80 pvp? because there's no way this happened lol.

edit: ah you mean shae vizla the new one xD

i'm actually suprised they opened a new one because the games population low AF.

Edited by meddani

32 minutes ago, meddani said:

80 pvp? because there's no way this happened lol.

edit: ah you mean shae vizla the new one xD

i'm actually suprised they opened a new one because the games population low AF.

I mean lowbies & mid bracket. Before 7.4 was released, both brackets popped as fast as lvl 80 on SF usually does. Then 7.4 launched & everyone who wanted to play the new content went back to the other servers. 

That meant they would have even less time to finish PvP or galactic seasons on SV if they came back after. Once people realised this, they just stayed on the other servers & numbers have been declining ever since. Now PvP isn’t popping at all. 

If they’d just opened transfers for APAC players when 7.4 released, this wouldn’t have happened. 

2 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

If they’d just opened transfers for APAC players when 7.4 released, this wouldn’t have happened. 

Unfortunately Shae Vizla seems more like a sterile test tube for the economic changes than a genuine attempt at actually benefiting and attracting APAC players...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whykara said:

Unfortunately Shae Vizla seems more like a sterile test tube for the economic changes than a genuine attempt at actually benefiting and attracting APAC players...

Such a bad decision from a business & money making enterprise. They have literally dudded themselves out of thousands of dollars doing it this way. And potentially killed any prospect of a healthy paying APAC community. Their whole approach to this wouldn’t pass the “Aussie pub test” as we’d refer to such things in Australia. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VegaMist said:

At the first glance, I've read it as "Switching to Chiss." Is Chiss chess a thing? (If not, it should be.)

Blue Pieces? Admiral Thrawn is the Knight or Queen piece instead of Boba or Darth?
IMG_5814.thumb.jpeg.e47af868c7f2eeb9be4381e9b928abe8.jpegIMG_5815.thumb.jpeg.72ed98a4a45f9edbe5ecc47db29d0f2c.jpeg

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 5

On 12/24/2023 at 6:51 PM, Setta said:

I just resubbed a handful of days ago, but I can tell you what the problem is. I am starting to afk too.

The pvpers are horrible, the qualify of matchmaking sucks and most people either don't know what to do, or are just chasing numbers and don't care about winning. A loss is only worth 1 point and if you see your team doing this, it makes no difference what you do yourself, you'll still only get 1 point.

At the same time, you can't drop and re-queue because you get time penalties.

Put all this together and it's better to just afk and wait it out and get one point than to drop out, get a penalty and no points.

People are just playing the game the best way they can with the way it's designed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monterone said:

I just resubbed a handful of days ago, but I can tell you what the problem is. I am starting to afk too.

The pvpers are horrible, the qualify of matchmaking sucks and most people either don't know what to do, or are just chasing numbers and don't care about winning. A loss is only worth 1 point and if you see your team doing this, it makes no difference what you do yourself, you'll still only get 1 point.

Put all this together and it's better to just afk and wait it out and get one point than to drop out, get a penalty and no points.

People are just playing the game the best way they can with the way it's designed.

Matchmaking? What's that?

Edited by ilubebi

15 hours ago, Monterone said:

Two things :

1) You don't seem to understand, I mean some people afk the whole warzone fight from the get go.  No attempt at anything, they just took up a spot someone else could of had and made it a 7 v 8.  0 Damage, 0 Healing, 0 damage taken, 0 objective etc.  They're not a late arrival at the last minute with poor stats (that's happened to me before).  They just never contributed to start with.  I've seen people in arena who will just rush the enemy as quickly as possible so they can die too.  No sticking with the team, no picking priority targets, just rush in there to die.  When you ask em about it on round 2, they don't say anything and repeat. 

2) Even if the team is losing that's still a crap way of doing things.  There have been many a times, when the fight wasn't going my teams way until the last couple of min or so, and all of a sudden we break through a few doors in voidstar in quick succession, or we capture the opponent's pylon at the last minute depriving them of points and getting a ton more of our own to win the match, or what not.  Turn around can happen.  Not often but they can and do, if the team mates give up half way through cause they think it's faster to just give up and move on to the next match, just don't pvp, or group up before hand and pvp with those poeple.  Don't ruin the experience for others, because you're to much of a loser to see it through.  It's one thing to tap out with less than a minute left if there's absolutely no chance, but we both know that's not what we're talking about here.  No one will say oh he's an afker at the last 30s of the match, when you're down several hundred points in Alderaan for instance, because even with 1 canon they still win with time on their side, and it's basically impossible to hold all 3 canons, especially when you're on the losing side to start with, and all they have to do is put 8 players on one side to gain a canon back and win.  Ultimately no, I don't believe in afking.  Losing or not that mentality is just toxic. 

Case and point we had a match in huttball yesterday where the enemy team scored the first 2 goals rather quickly, and someone freaked the F out.  Decided to call us all trash and afk, the rest of the match.  That game ended in a 4 to 4 draw, which counted as a loss.  If that person hadn't been such a bitc.... we legit could have won.  Not saying we definitely would have but an 8 v 8, is a lot easier than a 7 v 8.  So yea F afkers.

Edited by Setta
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Setta said:

Two things :

1) You don't seem to understand, I mean some people afk the whole warzone fight from the get go.

Oh now that you opened up with offending in the first sentence, I'm definitely going to listen to you.

Not.

Cry all you want, call people losers all you want, but this isn't going to change unless the devs figure out a way to fix the cluster**** that PvP is. You're not going to change behavior with whining about it, the underlying issues need to be fixed.

As long as there are penalties for leaving or getting dropped, this will keep happening. A good step forward would be to remove the time penalties for subscribers. Leave them for non-subs.

You'd get more accomplished asking the devs to change the design of the game than with calling people names and expecting them to play YOUR way.

• Like 1

You'd get more accomplished asking the devs to change the design of the game than with calling people names and expecting them to play YOUR way

While I agree that name calling doesn’t help, we’ve already been asking the devs nicely for several years. Nothing changes the devs minds with PvP in this game. And when they do change something, it’s not usually for the better. Always be careful what you ask for in PvP, because it’s never delivered in the format you meant.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Oh now that you opened up with offending in the first sentence, I'm definitely going to listen to you.

If you're offended by the very first sentence of saying you don't understand something, (where I try to explain that it's not just afking half way through or towards the end, but the whole thing, which you apparently seem fine with) I feel sorry for you.  Truly a sad existence, but I digress. 

If you que into pvp and your immediate response is to afk and ruin the experience for other people then please F off.  Yes the devs need to change things, no argument there.  Several people (myself included) have already asked for pvp changes, some have asked for these changes repeatedly. However people can suck less too.  It's not all on the devs to fix every problem, because no matter what they do, there will always be a **** head who find a way to abuse the system.  The previous problem was elitists abusing the system to kick less skilled players so they did away with that.  Now we have the opposite problem at the other end of the spectrum with people not caring how bad they are since there are no consequences and ruining it for others. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

People not being garbage players would go a long way to fixing things, but I guess that's to much to ask for.

Edited by Setta