I'm switching to Chess, bye

Whykara

6 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

While I agree that name calling doesn’t help, we’ve already been asking the devs nicely for several years. Nothing changes the devs minds with PvP in this game. And when they do change something, it’s not usually for the better. Always be careful what you ask for in PvP, because it’s never delivered in the format you meant.

Funny, the last sentence is what I always think whenever GSF players are trying to draw attention to their game mode.  I keep thinking the people who ask for it, don't play anything else in the game, or they would be more careful with what they wish for. 😄 

7 hours ago, Monterone said:

As long as there are penalties for leaving or getting dropped, this will keep happening. A good step forward would be to remove the time penalties for subscribers. Leave them for non-subs.

This might actually be a good idea.

• Like 1

Maybe calling all the players on your team "trash" because they aren't good is the reason the queue doesn't pop as often as it used to. Afking as if you don't have a choice is ridiculous, just play it through and maybe if everyone else has a little fun they'll queue up for another round. People dropping and afking because they think their team is bad are just being sore losers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 9:47 AM, cjmarsh said:

People dropping and afking because they think their team is bad are just being sore losers.

people are unable to do the most basic thing : reading chat.

best example someone calls out the target in a arena or inc on a pylon and they do nothing, thus loosing the game. happens too many times.

since the sh!tty deserter buff exists i'll just sit it out ...if people can't even bother to read, why waste time trying to win? 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, meddani said:

people are unable to do the most basic thing : reading chat.

best example someone calls out the target in a arena or inc on a pylon and they do nothing, thus loosing the game. happens too many times.

since the sh!tty deserter buff exists i'll just sit it out ...if people can't even bother to read, why waste time trying to win? 

Some people turn off chat entirely. I dont even blame them considering how toxic it can get in a pvp environment.

But just sitting out the match is like a child crossing their arms, pouting, and standing still in the middle of a sports field during a game because they think their team is bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, cjmarsh said:

Some people turn off chat entirely. 

then i'll turn off my motivation to actually try, simple :)

again: why bother playing or trying with a team like that?

remove the deserter buff and i'll leave instead of sitting it out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I don't afk (too stubborn for that), I absolutely understand people who are not willing to waste their efforts for a lost cause. Warzones are a team activity, and if the team refuses to follow simple directions and ignores chat, it's very frustrating.

By the way, I've been making some progress on Lichess, and while I'm still quite bad I'm very proud of myself :)

On 2/2/2024 at 4:58 PM, cjmarsh said:

Some people turn off chat entirely. I dont even blame them considering how toxic it can get in a pvp environment.

But just sitting out the match is like a child crossing their arms, pouting, and standing still in the middle of a sports field during a game because they think their team is bad.

I would blame them. Turning off chat in PVP is unacceptable regardless of "how toxic" it may get - it's a team game, not a duel. And it's just as child-like as someone shouting in the chat - in fact, it's exactly like a child crossing their arms and pouting.

One thing I noticed, that pvp feels more mature when playing at the later hours. It's like people who tend to yell more and play less go to sleep earlier and then it's seasoned veterans left who are more relaxed, know the rules, and are just there to fight and have fun. Perhaps it's only my experience, but just saying.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 11:28 AM, Lord_Malganus said:

One of many reasons why so many have stopped playing PvP.

It's a self fulfilling thing, the more people stop pvp'ign the worse it gets because the ones causing the issues don't quit, rinse and repeat.

Also people who go afk in pvp games regularly should have some kinda penalty however sometimes, it does happen, that you have to take care of something away from the keyboard irl and it's near impossible to figure out which is which, i mean, unless you watch people do it regularly which is where the problem comes in.

Never been a fan of the harsher quit penalty they imposed in recent years either. A 15 minute "time out" is fine, but yeah.

I personally, rather have longer than average wait times, if that meant people in groups would only be matched up with others in groups. I think players that are not grouped up should be in a separate queue. I used to not get too upset about warzones, but i feel like lately it has either gotten worse, or I just am getting old in age and my patience is running thin? 

• Like 2