Holiday and Cartel Market sales for 2023

JackieKo

I already have all items in those lists, and no collection unlocks on top of that means I'll just keep my money I guess.

edit: Very good that you're doing the collection sale as well. I'll definitely buy some cartel coins for it!

Edited by kekrot

3 hours ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Saw a few questions about what sales/events are happening this month and during the holiday break.

I hope this breakdown was helpful and that you all enjoy the holiday sales coming up! 

Cool, now I would like to see a daily schedule in the same manner for PVP class balance and additional game content. You don't want to tell us you only invest resources into Cartel Market items, do you?

• Haha 2

In lieu of Collection Unlock and character transfer sales, players can expect to see special 30-50% off discounts on anniversary and daily sales on some of the most popular items on the Cartel Market. 

And people wonder why the community has such a cynical outlook on anything you guys put out. Merry Christmas! No reason to spend a dime on CC now.

• Like 1

Pretty upsetting that there's no Collections sale. I've been waiting months to mass-unlock most of my collections, as well as saving up and buying CC's in prep. for it. That, along will staple items not returning for the event and the ops schedule being seemingly the same as last week, it's a pretty disappointing Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Char_Ell said:

I would be interested to know if the decision to not have 50% off collection unlocks sale for 2023 year-end holiday season was made by EA or Broadsword. 

Highly unlikely it was EA. There is almost no shot anyone who matters at EA is involved in the intricate details of the monetization structure in SWTOR. I doubt the EA overlords are emailing Broadsword saying "hey btw do not do 50% off collections." In fact I bet if EA were involved, they'd want the sale to happen because EA knows how to make money. Not doing this sale = less money and pissed off players who won't spend. Just look at this forum and R/swtor in the 3 hours since this got announced. There is more activity from players than there was when the patch launched last week, all of which is negative and unequivocally stating they won't be spending money on CC this year due to this decision.

1 hour ago, LadyAdmiral said:

Feedback: Not interested/impressed with what is listed. Was expecting or hoping for an eventual Collections sale or Category sale. 30-50% off does not feel like a great deal for individual items as past Category sales and the random daily sale are already 50%. These daily listed named sales might have been interesting/neat if they were in addition to one of those other two sales (Collections/Category). As a creator, I don't feel it's "news" enough to make a video on either, it just feels like a daily 50% off sale with a little more heads up and some items won't even be 50% off (30% off feels very little). 

Yup, they lost the room on this one. Total incompetence by the team making this decision. 

In lieu of Collection Unlock and character transfer sales...

Clark: "It's a one year membership to the Jelly of the Month Club. 

Eddie : "Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year."

Way to Scrooge up the Holidays Broadsword and give us all coal in our stockings...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This seems odd if you want your players to buy CCs like they do every year at this time and May 4th for Collections unlocks. 

Instead of buying CCs and investing more time in SWTOR, I'll be spending the money elsewhere over the holidays, doing something else. 

Again, a very odd decision.

6 minutes ago, khamseen_air said:

So no collection unlock discount, only a week and a half of DXP, and most of the other sales are just the same stuff we get all year round of single item per single day?

Wow, talk about rubbish. 

Yep, easy to see how little thought and effort went into it.

5 minutes ago, arunav said:

This seems odd if you want your players to buy CCs like they do every year at this time and May 4th for Collections unlocks. 

Instead of buying CCs and investing more time in SWTOR, I'll be spending the money elsewhere over the holidays, doing something else. 

Again, a very odd decision.

Same ...  One of the premier fishing tackle places (online) had a really nice sale on some crank bait ... AND a local place placed a couple of ST Croix rods on sale (that I REALLY wanted).  They were both a very pleasant surprise!  

Sooooo ... yeah!  I sprung for the extra cash!  Didn't have to wait for the spring sales either!

Yeah ... there's a clear-cut message in that illustration there too!

IMO ... it's not just the unlocks for collections ...  There's more to this than meets the eye!  I'm not trying to ride anyone's case.  But it would be nice to see a bit more positive direction with some of this stuff.  After 10+ years it should be evident as to what works (and what doesn't).  

SWTOR is struggling for a genuine action or activity to give players (new, returning and veteran) to bring a smile of reassurance of a better, more exciting future.  The opportunity is there!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, varietasplus said:

Cool, now I would like to see a daily schedule in the same manner for PVP class balance and additional game content. You don't want to tell us you only invest resources into Cartel Market items, do you?

And APAC server transfers before the SV server dies because we can only play the new 7.4 content on the old servers at the moment.

• Thanks 1

I love this game very much and the team, and want to see it keep going for a long time, therefore I think feedback is always important and want to give some thoughts. Personally, I am disappointed by this decision of no collections sale, I been looking forward to unlock a bunch of stuff in my collections even if it means buying more cartel coins more than I saved up, it makes me more likely to also buy more sets to unlock their sales during this time. I also motivate friends to get ready for this collections sale, it was long expected across the community of forums, discords, and other socials to expect one. I think this also wasn't helped that the change wasn't announced sooner, so this news feels sudden on us to process as hype kept building on it.

Secondly, putting personal feeling aside, I feel collection sales helps more with sales on the game, because those with a lot of credits in the game just buy their weapons and armors with credits by GTN or Trade, but the collection unlock is what ultimately make them spend on cartel coins as well. The other thing is, collection sales can be done in a very limited way if need to be, like we have gotten in the past. Or even just making it active for one week is a short window. If someone misses out the window then they realize they can't wait on another one for a while and will give in paying normal price. Sort of like the flash sales currently that are per day and I think are handled well in that sense. Anyway that's just my two cents, ultimately I want you all to succeed and I feel this decision misses the mark in  getting great revenue for the game during the holidays.

I can only imagine the one guy that said "No, this year we will be doing things differently" sitting there, reading this and itching to reply to us all: "You can still unlock things and transfer characters at full price! A discount is not a right. Why are you so cheap?!"

Not a seller myself, so, he might be right. Although I smell a gaffe.

Just now, Katushe said:

I can only imagine the one guy that said "No, this year we will be doing things differently" sitting there, reading this and itching to reply to us all: "You can still unlock things and transfer characters at full price! A discount is not a right. Why are you so cheap?!"

Not a seller myself, so, he might be right. Although I smell a gaffe.

Probably a dev of a similar mindset to those for Starfield.
Only they came on Steam to tell people they were playing it wrong. That they shouldn't be bored with barren planets because real astronauts went to the moon and it was barren and they weren't bored.

1 minute ago, JackieKo said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to say that I see your comments and I'm taking them back to the team to have more conversations about the Collection Unlock sale. So hang tight! I'll pop back in here when I have an update for you all. 

Good. ^^ Make sure it's a nice 75% off one, for those of us with a lot to purchase.

• Thanks 1